No diversity. A Real idea to fix gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

When will we ever get to go back to real Guild Wars and not this half game we have? We need to go back to dual classes!

The only thing that will make this game some what enjoyable again is if in the Crystal Desert we find the path to ascension and are able to go dual class.

We need diversity! I’m bored of every class and spec already including the ones from PoF from the preview weekend. When do i get to get my Ranger/Necro or vice versa.

Yes this will create total madness for the devs with what will become “overpowered” or what not. Yet that’s how great build ideas and more fun come into play. With dual classes in gw1 you had hundreds of builds going. Now you have maybe 3 per profession if that.

I begith of you anet We Want Dual Class!!!!!

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

When will we ever get to go back to real Guild Wars and not this half game we have? We need to go back to dual classes!

The only thing that will make this game some what enjoyable again is if in the Crystal Desert we find the path to ascension and are able to go dual class.

We need diversity! I’m bored of every class and spec already including the ones from PoF from the preview weekend. When do i get to get my Ranger/Necro or vice versa.

Yes this will create total madness for the devs with what will become “overpowered” or what not. Yet that’s how great build ideas and more fun come into play. With dual classes in gw1 you had hundreds of builds going. Now you have maybe 3 per profession if that.

No. You wanna know why? Guildwars was a nightmare to balance due to all the skills and 2 professions. That’s why it won’t be in gw2.

Posted by: Ganpot.3879

Ganpot.3879

No. You wanna know why? Guildwars was a nightmare to balance due to all the skills and 2 professions. That’s why it won’t be in gw2.

Based on the majority of feedback from the latest demo, the devs don’t seem to be doing any better at balancing without free-form skills and dual-classing. The ranger profession has been half buried in a shallow grave ever since the game launched five years ago (although I hear it somehow managed to become a respectable pvp bunker at one point). From what I gather, the necromancer has been suffering for a long time as well.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

If your enjoyment of the game is that tied to second professions…this might not be the game for you.

I dunno man, if you look at, say, Spellbreaker, that’s essentially a “mesmer through the eyes of a warrior.” I think if you got bored by all 9 elite specs after playing them for 2 days, again…..the commonality here is you.

And that madness is exactly why it will never happen. Elite specs is Anet’s way of adding new pseudoclasses without running into a balancing hell. Just No.

AncientYs.8613

Based on the majority of feedback from the latest demo, the devs don’t seem to be doing any better at balancing without free-form skills and dual-classing. The ranger profession has been half buried in a shallow grave ever since the game launched five years ago (although I hear it somehow managed to become a respectable pvp bunker at one point). From what I gather, the necromancer has been suffering for a long time as well.

well balancing skills in gw2 is much easier compared to gw1, but yeah i also agree that they haven’t really been doing a god job at balancing our current professions and their skills.

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

excuse me? Guild Wars was never really problematic. The balance that came always changed the meta, even tho it was unbalanced sometimes I can only call it healthy unbalance. People didn’t really complain, they’ve adapted unless something was really broken. But that itself made the game feel always fresh.

Guild Wars had/has better balance than Guild Wars 2, by far! GW2 itself has broken skill and trait system, it is 10 times more nightmare to balance than GW1

AncientYs.8613

excuse me? Guild Wars was never really problematic. The balance that came always changed the meta, even tho it was unbalanced sometimes I can only call it healthy unbalance. People didn’t really complain, they’ve adapted unless something was really broken. But that itself made the game feel always fresh.

Guild Wars had/has better balance than Guild Wars 2, by far! GW2 itself has broken skill and trait system, it is 10 times more nightmare to balance than GW1

whatever you say dude :> i’m just saying what the devs of gw1 said. That it was a nightmare to balance due to the huge amount of skills. That’s why there won’t be dual professions in gw2.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t feel that dual classes brought more diversity. It produces mathematically more combinations of skill, but GW1 had its own meta builds and meta comps, with perhaps even less variation. However, unlike GW1, it’s hard to have a completely useless build in GW2: you automatically have some damage, some sustain, and some support (whether it’s efficient or even optimal is a different story).

In some ways, this game fosters more creativity because you actually have to stop to think about things, rather than just swapping things around to see what works.

I definitely liked the hybrid builds I made in GW1, but I can’t agree that dual classes would make GW2 a better game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

You don’t know what you’re talking about shrug

The argument in every game ever has been there needs to be more diversity, because current meta is current meta. There just isn’t a way to make every choice viable, that’s just what having choices means.

Going back to multi-classing though? I don’t think so. The only thing similar to the two games is the lore. The classes that were similar are now essentially completely different, and there isn’t even close to a good reason to damage the game that badly. All you have to do is say a different combo to know it a horrible idea not to even be considered.

Daredevil/Tempest, Tempest/Druid, or anything else. You could argue that they’ll only have a few things, but then that falls directly into balance that has to be done, because all the hard content becoming easy content would instantly kill the game. And lastly what you’re asking for is another core system rework.

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

pfftt. right now anet can’t even balance the current classes fully and you want each player to have 2 in 1.

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

If your enjoyment of the game is that tied to second professions…this might not be the game for you.

I dunno man, if you look at, say, Spellbreaker, that’s essentially a “mesmer through the eyes of a warrior.” I think if you got bored by all 9 elite specs after playing them for 2 days, again…..the commonality here is you.

And that madness is exactly why it will never happen. Elite specs is Anet’s way of adding new pseudoclasses without running into a balancing hell. Just No.

Not much of a argument on anything and obviously you never played OG Guild Wars haha please try again. Dual classes bring diversity and there is no argument against that. Currently anet hasn’t done much to improve the fun of game play. After about a month or so after PoF it will be the standard of everyone copies 1 or 2 builds in each profession. Everything else dies and everyone is the same again.

Trust me if you played gw1 diversity was never ever a issue.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Not much of a argument on anything and obviously you never played OG Guild Wars haha please try again. Dual classes bring diversity and there is no argument against that. Currently anet hasn’t done much to improve the fun of game play. After about a month or so after PoF it will be the standard of everyone copies 1 or 2 builds in each profession. Everything else dies and everyone is the same again.

Trust me if you played gw1 diversity was never ever a issue.

I used…8 builds the entire time i played GW1 (throughout 7 years active, only missed the first year.). i played(mostly) two characters. an ele as my main, and a rit as a secondary, Six of those builds i used on heroes. Eventually i stopped playing my rit, because i realized i could use her build on my ele, and solo farm ecto on her too, and if i wasnt using that build, i was running the Savannah heat spam build. The “diversity” that GW1 allowed through sheer amount of skills wasnt really diverse. Most players doing any kind of content that was either challenging or competitive ran the meta builds, and while you could find alterations of those, it was usually swapping one skill, with a clone skill if you didnt have one of the games.

We do not need dual classes in GW2. Players will find the best builds out there, and use them, and those that dont will get left behind, or not be able to compete, Dual classes would not stop the “Issue” you bring up about PoF at all.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I don’t understand what you’ll gain if you go dual class. You already have way more skills in Guild Wars 2 than you ever did in Guild Wars 1, way more mechanics and more complexity to deal with. The new elite specs give you even more buttons, that it’s turning crazy.

As for diversity in GW1, that’s such a false argument. There was never diversity in GW1, especially after Eye of the North when anyone could play the meta 7-hero support build, with their main character using only 4 skills (3 of them pve-only skills) and the 4th one Assassin’s Promise (go /A if you are not main Assassin).

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

You know what, guys? The balance in GW2 is actually pretty decent overall.

Not that MMO players are ever happy.

Cats meow. Cows moo. MMO players shout “The game is unbalanced!”

Part of the problem is people use their DPS meters to determine the maximum theoretical damage output of each class and expect those numbers under the duress of real-world scenarios.

Reality check: not gonna happen consistently, if at all.

Also, these same tunnel-visioned people fail to account for anything BUT DPS, such as a Chronomancer keeping Alacrity running even while everyone is running around like headless chickens, or the tough-as-nails Necromancer soloing down adds so the group can stay focused on a boss.

This game does much better for balance than most MMOs, despite the fact that all of the classes have unique mechanics.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

Posted by: Rhanoa.3960

Rhanoa.3960

GW1 is still up and running no one is stopping you from playing the CORPG.

MMORPG’s are not easy, you’re just too PRO!!!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As much as dual classing was fun in Guild Wars, I’m going to have to say no to implementing it in GW2. Why?

1. ANet has already spent a huge amount of time and resources designing the professions, reinventing the trait system multiple times and finally preparing the profession system for the addition of Elite Specs, which are intended to be character progression going forward. Reinventing the wheel yet again would inordinately delay the production of content (you can’t design the mechanics of content until you know the mechanics of characters). That kind of delay is not something an aging game which has already bled players multiple times to content droughts ought to be doing. The potential cost is high.
  2. The potential pay-off in diversity is a pipe dream. When people say there’s no diversity, they’re talking optimal builds. So, sure, throw in dual professions and metas would change. They change with every balance patch, and will no doubt change with PoF. The number of optimal builds would remain fairly static, however. There’s only one best build. As to viable builds, there are already a lot more viable builds than people who make such claims want to admit. The potential pay-off would be low.

And that’s why I say that this is not a good idea.