No empty servers anymore?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

Q:

I realy enjoy to solo certain open world events (since anet doesnt care about dungeons and they get boring after a while) or do them in a small grp of friends
Does the Megaserver system means there will only be full populated servers?
So no solo temple events anymore?

( atleast give us the option, i dont like to play with random ppl cause 95% of the playerbase has no idea what theyre doing and are ignorant as kitten for advise i may give them)

Blùb [LuPi]

(edited by Ram Banson.4081)

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Servers will still be empty, only thing that you won’t notice it as you will be put on a map instance well populated.
The big problem with WvW, sadly will continue with low pop servers.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Schizo.1375

Schizo.1375

I’m glad we are making assumptions before we’ve even heard the news.

And yes I’m sure this means, for the most part that you will have to interact with people and find out that they aren’t so bad.

Ram Banson.4081

Can i choose to go on a empty map to play with less people? Seriously if everything in open world will be a Zerg fest i dont understand why you made efforts to create this (very awesome) combat system.
Cause zerging kitten s it, kitten on it and kitten s it again!
I love fighting the Melandru Priest for example, hes the most fun boss in the game for me, next to lupicus but when a zerg shows up the fun i ruined.

Blùb [LuPi]

(edited by Ram Banson.4081)

Ram Banson.4081

And yes I’m sure this means, for the most part that you will have to interact with people and find out that they aren’t so bad.

The thing on soloing is that u have permanent aggro, which is a lot of fun for me cause i get challenged. If only a mighty staff guard joins following things will happen:
-I loose aggro cause it seems that more defensiv character got aggro most of the time.
-The guard will will probably use his f1 fire which makes it almost impossible to see animations coming.
- i ragequit.

Blùb [LuPi]

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

This is funny, there’s nothing ArenaNet can do without being complained at.

I mean really, complaining that you wont be able to solo world event because there might be more players….

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I assume the megaserver concept will basically be overflows without main servers, meaning no, you can’t get a empty map, or at least not for long. Too bad though, considering some things are faster to solo than to play with a terrible zerg of leeching AFKers.

“We’ll also be discussing the long-term plan for WvW in relation to our megaserver system, so check back each day this week for more information!”

Ram Banson.4081

I mean really, complaining that you wont be able to solo world event because there might be more players….

I dont exactly complain about it, but its rather sad being forced to play with probably many many random players.
We make guild temple runs on vabbi sometimes for example, clearing balthazar (which is so much better with people who know what they are doing ) and the other temples, doing duo/solos sometimes for fun etc.
I know its an MMO etc. but i mean the random players are so terrible ( no offense , seriously ) leeching afk, running bad builds doing no dmg at all.

for example with 5 ppl we need around 30sec-1min for the mark 2 golem, with 50ppl we need 10min for it because ppl leeching afk dont use the cleave dmg option etc. etc.

JUST THE OPTION for players to play with FRIENDS on a relatively empty server would be awesome.

Blùb [LuPi]

Schizo.1375

I dont exactly complain about it, but its rather sad being forced to play with probably many many random players.
We make guild temple runs on vabbi sometimes for example, clearing balthazar (which is so much better with people who know what they are doing ) and the other temples, doing duo/solos sometimes for fun etc.
I know its an MMO etc. but i mean the random players are so terrible ( no offense , seriously ) leeching afk, running bad builds doing no dmg at all.

for example with 5 ppl we need around 30sec-1min for the mark 2 golem, with 50ppl we need 10min for it because ppl leeching afk dont use the cleave dmg option etc. etc.

JUST THE OPTION for players to play with FRIENDS on a relatively empty server would be awesome.

Unfortunately this option is a lot of extra Dev time and load on the servers.

Ram Banson.4081

well im perfectly fine with the way it is right now..

Blùb [LuPi]

Schizo.1375

That is, also unfortunately, a minority opinion and heavily outweighed by the masses. In every decision some one gets the shaft.

Ram Banson.4081

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!

how about the OPTION to join the megaserver, like u have to option to join the homeserver from an overflow or something.

and keep the basic servers

Blùb [LuPi]

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Completing World Events solo or in a small 3-5 man group is a great experience. I definitely understand the pain. The decisions you make in combat feel a lot more meaningful. I can’t just set my target to the enemy champ and autoattack while I go wash the dishes. (True Story) Enemies focus you more so you have to make better decisions, and you can utilize Crowd Control without having to deal with 20 stacks of Defiant afterwards. And for people with not-so-great computers, it means that you can actually enjoy some of the visuals during combat.

That said, even with the merging of multiple servers, I feel that the same will still be possible. There will be more population on less active maps, but I don’t think it’ll be so much that scaling on every event will make it become ridiculous.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose