No expansion this year (with source)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

In the interview Colin gave to I think it was Eurogamer there was an interesting section. It went something like 350 people working at Anet and they cannot be all working on the LS, so an expansion is in the making there is no doubt there.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

ESO is far away from being able to compete to GW2. They are doing some things right but so many other things wrong, it is at best on par with gw2, but then there is something called monthly fee that makes it far far under par.

ESO is not even close to GW2. Have you played it? The combat is so bad.

it’s at least dynamic…..unlike the hoop jumping in GW2…..

There is nothing dynamic bout ESO and it is more linear then GW2

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

ESO is far away from being able to compete to GW2. They are doing some things right but so many other things wrong, it is at best on par with gw2, but then there is something called monthly fee that makes it far far under par.

it’s at least dynamic…..unlike the hoop jumping in GW2…..

There is nothing dynamic bout ESO and it is more linear then GW2

Nope. Both are theme park MMOs in PvE.
But you should give Cyrodill a try even as a PvE player. Compared to Wv3 we have some sandbox there even for PvE content.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

In the interview Colin gave to I think it was Eurogamer there was an interesting section. It went something like 350 people working at Anet and they cannot be all working on the LS, so an expansion is in the making there is no doubt there.

I’m sorry but that’s a terrible analogy. Just because some of their people are not working on LS it doesn’t automatically mean they are working on an expansion.

I’m sure there are more things to do besides making LS and expansions.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

aspirine.6852

I’m sorry but that’s a terrible analogy. Just because some of their people are not working on LS it doesn’t automatically mean they are working on an expansion.

I’m sure there are more things to do than besides making LS and expansions.

Ok I cant think of a single thing for a game dev to do besides working on some part of a game. Let’s take mapdesigners as example they are not working on LS are doing what according to you then?

BTW you must have the best signature in the forum period, that one is awesome

I’m sure there are more things to do than besides making LS and expansions.

Ok I cant think of a single thing for a game dev to do besides working on some part of a game. Let’s take mapdesigners as example they are not working on LS are doing what according to you then?

Well at first, do we know for sure all those 350 people are developers? If not, some of those people could be cleaning the toilets at Anet for all we know.

Things they could be doing besides making Ls/expansions is:
-Maintaining the servers
-Customer support
-Maintaining the game itself (bug fixes/balancing issues)

There could also be developers working on new independent features, like the account wallet or the Laurel system we got in 2013.

BTW you must have the best signature in the forum period, that one is awesome

Thank you

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Oh yay! So we’ll have more existing maps change, because ya know, that’s “expansion-style content” right? Oh and they might decide to release a cool new zone, buuuuuuut only for about 2 weeks. It will be EPIC and LEGENDARY!

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I am not in favor at all of an expansion. I do not want to wait 1-1.5 years for a large release of content, that GW2 has given me in small doses every 2 weeks for the last 7 months. If you look at the large picture you can get expansion worth of content without the expansion. No idea why people want to wait 1-1.5 year for a large release of stuff, that they will beat in 2 weeks and then be waiting another 1-1.5 years for the next one.

I look forward to the bi-weekly updates. And to the expansion worth of content that will come out of them. Yes if you add up 1-1.5 years worth of bi-weekly content you will indeed hit the amount of content that is in an expansion.

mercury ranique.2170

As for cleaners, facillity managers, direction etc. in good productive company’s the overhead is bout 12%, so in Anet’s case that would be round 42 people.

Maintaining the servers. Arenanet doesn’t own the servers. The publisher is responsable for that (NCsoft). NCsoft again hires the servers themselfs from again a thirdparty. It is so that arenanet will have a few people working to communicate with NCsoft bout the servers, but thats mostly as liasons. The core business is developping the game, not making it run.

The same goes for support. Even though the supportteam is in the same building, they fall under the responsabillity off NCsoft. As far as I know they are also on the payroll off NCsoft, so not counted among the 350 epmployees Arenanet has.

We’re ArenaNet— and we’ve created a studio that makes online
worlds infused with innovation, hand-
crafted excellence, and creative passion.

They are a develloper studio, not a publisher, that is clearly NCsoft. Even when the line deviding NCsoft and Arenanet sometimes is thin (wich is only logical cause they are the same company), those 350 people are developpers. Yes 50 off them are overhead. but most off them are busy with creating new content as that is the purpose of the company

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Not all of them are developers though.
They also have an art team and writers and so on. And those are NOT developers.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

mercury ranique.2170

Those are developers too. It is the overall term for those working on new content. From the makers of conceptart, the programmers, the designers, the enviremental artists to the Q and A. This page has a good impression of the different functions within the develloper studio called Arenanet: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:ArenaNet

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I’m willing to bet that if I now quit GW2 and returned a year later, game still wouldn’t have a solid new content, probably some minor Qol updates though, new features, revamped dungeons, perhaps 2 short ones added, a small map or two, BUT, no new major content.

Then again, major is relative, I’m willing to bet that some think FOTM update was a huge addition to the game.

Nat.4029

I am not in favor at all of an expansion. I do not want to wait 1-1.5 years for a large release of content, that GW2 has given me in small doses every 2 weeks for the last 7 months. If you look at the large picture you can get expansion worth of content without the expansion. No idea why people want to wait 1-1.5 year for a large release of stuff, that they will beat in 2 weeks and then be waiting another 1-1.5 years for the next one.

I look forward to the bi-weekly updates. And to the expansion worth of content that will come out of them. Yes if you add up 1-1.5 years worth of bi-weekly content you will indeed hit the amount of content that is in an expansion.

So in over a year of Living Story content, how many new zones have they added? One. (Southsun) And it doesn’t even come close to having the content that the launch zones have. And don’t say “They added Labyrinthe Cliffs and the Bazaar”… No they didn’t. If they truly added those to the game, they would still be accessible.

I too look forward to the bi-weekly updates, I’m not gonna lie. But I look forward to getting some actual content in the game in the future. I don’t really consider all this temporary stuff “content”. I look at it as small holiday events that come and go each year. True “expansion-worthy” content would be several new zones(complete with hearts, events, POIs, and Vistas). New race. New class. New skills for every class. New weapon types (two handed axe for example). A plethora of new weapon and gear skins. At least 4 or 5 new dungeons (complete with dungeon gear). A new world boss for each of the new zones…. the list goes on. I’m not saying ALL this should be in one expansion, but these are the things that should come with expansion-style content.

Like I said, I’ve enjoyed a lot of the living story. I’m not trying to knock it here. I’m just saying that it will NEVER add up to an “expansions-worth of content”.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Don’t really see the problem with no expansions. An xpac means they’ll stop updating for 6+months just so that they can bundle into a box and release it all at once.

The fact that Anet is choosing to make a bunch of the content from the LS temporary is also not something an expansion will necessarily solve. They could just decide to stop making the LS content temporary instead.

mercury ranique.2170

Nat,

They also added EotM

Also Kessex hills got some serious redecorations and soon the same will happen to lion’s arch.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

What new activities can I do in Kessex Hills? What new content was added with the Kessex Hills update, and can I play it now?
I didn’t play the Tower thing.

Nat.4029

Nat,

They also added EotM

Also Kessex hills got some serious redecorations and soon the same will happen to lion’s arch.

EotM is true, but I’m not really a fan of WvW. So I was disappointed there. But you have a point. As far as Kessex Hills goes…changing existing zones isn’t really adding content to the game. In my opinion.

Valar Morghulis

Zypher.7609

snip

I guess it all depends on who looks at it, I believe the world changes and zone changes that have been added to the game amount for an expansions worth of content. There have been new zones that opened up for the living story, just because it did not stick around. Which even if it did people would still only play it for a few weeks then be done waiting for the next thing. I really dislike the old model of how expansions were handled, and look forward to how A-Net is handling it. I do not need a new class/race to feel that they released an expansions worth of content. Or a new zone that is added that i visit once beat all the vistas and hearts and then never go back until I create a new character, or kill a champ in the zone.

aspirine.6852

snip

I guess it all depends on who looks at it, I believe the world changes and zone changes that have been added to the game amount for an expansions worth of content. There have been new zones that opened up for the living story, just because it did not stick around. Which even if it did people would still only play it for a few weeks then be done waiting for the next thing. I really dislike the old model of how expansions were handled, and look forward to how A-Net is handling it. I do not need a new class/race to feel that they released an expansions worth of content. Or a new zone that is added that i visit once beat all the vistas and hearts and then never go back until I create a new character, or kill a champ in the zone.

I think they handled Eye of the north perfectly.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

•No decision has been made for GW2 expansion for now the focus is provide the LW updates and bring GW2 to China they will update when they have more visibility on the issue of an expansion

I’m I the only one who read the bolded part and read between the lines?

Translation: They aren’t going to talk about a possible expansion for GW2 in a public earnings report before Arenanet are ready to reveal what they have been working on.

This doesn’t translate into ‘they aren’t working on an expansion’. It means they aren’t going to throw such information out until Arenanet are ready to announce it themselves.

Why? Cause the first thing that would happen is Arenanet would be bombarded with questions about something they aren’t ready to talk about and the hype train would take off completely generated by an overexcited playerbase making random assumptions on what an expansion would mean.

We should really stop looking to non Arenanet sources for expansion info.

You’re applying sense and reason to a GW2 thread, mate.

Yes they are. Developing a game is more than just coding.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I’m actually surprised people still seem to think that making an expansion is on ANet’s priority list at all. It ain’t and that has been clear for a while.

Nat.4029

snip

I think they handled Eye of the north perfectly.

Yes they did. EotN was a great expansion that people played for a LONG time. They weren’t finished in two weeks.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

This game is going to die if ANet doesn’t get their act together.

“Getting the game to China” isn’t really on my list of features that I’d like to see implemented. The fact of the matter is that this game is getting stale fairly quickly and it needs something to revive it.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

350 people working at Anet

And not one of them can be bothered to regularly check the WvW forums to see what the WvW players want or complain about!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I played two beta weekends and now that the NDA has been lifted I can honestly say….

I had more fun playing over this last beta weekend than I have over the MONTHS that I’ve played this game. Combat was fun to me, and way more action-packed than this game’s combat model.

I, for one, will happily be paying a sub again once this game comes out.

ESO gives you the freedom of skills of GW1 combined with a whole new world to explore.

It is probably more a successor to GW1 than gw2 is.

Wooaahh slow down.. Lets not get ahead of ourselves bud.

I understand you are fond of ESO and while that’s great I think you are getting a lil crazy with that last line. I’ve been in ESO beta since September and it is nothing like gw1.

ESO is bad IMO but Gw2 is boring these days too.

true, GW1 never had a successor and (till now) never will, it’s a unique game that can only be succeeded by it’s own expansions. (if only they continued on with GW1, love to pay for more DLC’s and love to see improvements made to equalize things)

mercury ranique.2170

I think that ESO is gonna be a big hyped bubble.
At my last job (currently inbetween jobs) I had some collegues that where very active RPG-players. but they always hopped from game to game. At the beginning the game was heaven and all and they didn’t see anything good, and after a few months it was total crap

For example, when I first started there they where all into skyrim. Soon after they all went to SWtor. After that it was GW2, and for now all I know is that they all have moved on again.

ESO will be no different. But I think the game will lure maybe max 10% off the current GW2 community, and half of them will be back in 1 month cause it really lacks content and depth. But for now it is an hype.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The rest are the monetization dept.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

Why do people assume that just because there aren’t new races and new weapons and new everything released every two weeks, it’s never going to happen?

I feel like the only person who can see a bigger picture here. Your ‘expansion content’ is coming. We’re getting the story part right now. The story will lead to new stuff, like your races, and your new permanent zones, new weapons, new gear… This is not hard to figure out. And when this stuff inevitably does happen, are ANY of you going to be here apologizing for your shortsightedness?

Because let’s look at the map. WHY would certain zones be labeled as they are without intent to bring them into the game. We already know there are six dragons out there – of course they are going to become central to the story at some point.

GW2 is not like any other MMO out there. It’s not necessary to have a boxed expansion. The people who want story are getting it now. The people who want a new race (and I honestly can’t see why you’d want a new race without following the story) will get their new race. And people who want new zones to explore will get those, too. They just won’t come in a box for $49.99.

This is what the game is about. It just blows my mind that people are complaining about something that essentially amounts to “There are updates every two weeks! Woe is me, I’m not getting what I want!” Do you know how unprecedented this is for ANY MMO? Ever? Instead of getting all your content in one big dump, you’re getting it spread out over many months. The game doesn’t get stale. Frankly, it’s amazing.

I don’t know. I could just be hopelessly optimistic here, but I have never seen an MMO do so much to keep new content rolling in. Who knows what the end of this story update will bring? Maybe we’ll get new zones. A new race. New weapons or armor. Something unexpected? Could be.

Remember, WoW was released in 2004, and the first expansion wasn’t until 2007.

And since the NDA is up… ESO was horrible. I have never seen a worse game. I’d rather play Flappy Bird for the rest of my life than subject myself to that failure of a game ever again.

Zypher.7609

snip

We are out here, the majority of people that agree with this are in game playing. If not than they are at work/other rl responsibilities. Frequent forum goes are either people that dislike the game in some aspect and want everyone else to join them. Or people like me who hop on the forums while at work. Very seldom do people that enjoy the game come onto the forums to post, reason being is that they are in the game enjoying it.

But yes I share the same thought, that we will get new races and new classes at some point the future that is tied in with the living story/world. And I wont have to go out and spend $49.99 on it.

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Having a focus on something doesn’t exclude the other. We’ll see where it goes after the China release.

Nat.4029

snippity.

I guess I fall into the category you mentioned because I’ve voiced my opinion several times on what “expansion-style” content really is. And that content isn’t what we’ve had so far in the Living Story. It’s not that I don’t like the Living Story. I think it’s cool. Although, it sucks when you have to take a hiatus from the game and miss things that you’ll never be able to play through again. That aside, I like what they’re doing with it. My biggest complaint is just the lack of permanent content that comes out of it. Permanent content that you usually get from expansions/campaigns.

I know you’re right though. They will slowly release these things (through the Living Story, I reckon). My big thing as of right now though, is the people who say we’ve already gotten an expansion’s worth of content through the LS, when in actuality we haven’t even come close to that. I will be the first to commend Anet, when they finally announce the things that I hope they’ve actually been doing “behind the scenes”. We just have to wait and see.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: cobalt.1846

cobalt.1846

I just wish they would back off the 2 week content as its a bit too much.. I would prefer new content every 3 or 4 weeks that was a little more substantial. I don’t really care if they do an xpac..

As for the competition… the only game i might consider trying is wildstar, but even then i would probably bounce between that and this but ESO… just no. Sub games are the past and just not interested in paying a sub again as its not a guarantee that there is going to be good content going forward. Before people say wildstar is a sub game, it also has another way to get game time which i could see if i could swing that, if not, oh well.. i still have gw2.

Posted by: Goorman.7916

Goorman.7916

snip

If A.net really intented to deliver expansion’s worth of content, then after 1.5 years they would have delivered at least amount of content comparable to FACTIONS expansion. They did not though, despite the fact that they had 300 people instead of 50. Is it okay for me to consider you delusional?

Ash Goorman, 80 level ranger
Lavern Goorman, 80 level thief
Spvp rank 41

Nat.4029

snip

If A.net really intented to deliver expansion’s worth of content, then after 1.5 years they would have delivered at least amount of content comparable to FACTIONS expansion. They did not though, despite the fact that they had 300 people instead of 50. Is it okay for me to consider you delusional?

And one more thing most people are skewing about WoW’s first expansion. Saying WoW released in 2004 and BC was released in 2007. While this IS true, WoW released in Nov. 2004 (right near the end of 2004) and BC released January 2007. Which is barely over 2 years development time. Not 3 years in between. Not that it really matters… I’m just nitpicking here.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

It’s really interesting, don’t they see that majority of players want permanent content ?

The majority of the forums do myself included, but I’m not sure how that translates to the larger playerbase.

Ah ok, I missed that bit. Shame, we get so few updates on forthcoming news about the game as it is.

True true. I remember before GW2 was released when they’d have a new blog post (sometimes mechanics, sometimes lore, sometimes even art or music) every few weeks. Sure it was technically to generate hype, but still would have been nice if they could have kept on doing that.
But on the bright side hopefully they’re too busy (working on GW2) to make a blog post.

I played two beta weekends and now that the NDA has been lifted I can honestly say….

I had more fun playing over this last beta weekend than I have over the MONTHS that I’ve played this game. Combat was fun to me, and way more action-packed than this game’s combat model.

Well I’m glad you found something you like. I would say I’ll miss you (I’m guessing by your tone that you’ll be leaving?) but I honestly have no idea who you are. Still all the best with ESO, may it give you many many happy hours.

The only fact I see here is that no one actually knows anything for sure yet.

And that’s why we’re speculating. Tiding ourself over until ANet makes an announcement.

Well in my opinion artists and writers are developers. It’s when we get to the HR department and marketing guys that I start feeling ‘not developer’.

mercury ranique.2170

While we are on the subject of ESO and while the NDA indeed seems to be lifted.
Yes the fighting is revolutionary. the system how skills evolve too. But guess what, after 2 weeks you are used to it and it is as boring as any game. on top of that, you evolved your build to perfection and your back to the good old rotation. So while it is something other games can learn by, it’s not going to keep me going.

As for the rest. The game is very linear. old elder scroll games had the marvel that you could easily encounter new things and discovery was a vast part. this is just closed maps, with set borders, and everything is easy to find and hard to miss a single quest. Yes they have been promising to release new content every few weeks, but looking at the amount of maps and the size as the game is now, it is all very limited.

Graphical it looks good, but you have to like the style (same goes for GW2 offcourse)

I udnerstand that some people want to have a change of scenery and thats good, but ESO is not near to compete with GW2

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

This. I intended to fill a gap with ESO until someone at ArenaNet finally offers new real content. The LS is the most boring addition to an MMO I have seen in 15 years now. But I have to confess, ESO is so much fun, I will completely ignore anything in Tyria until I am done with Tamriel. I doubt that will be this year… Not even a real full expansion of Tyria will change that. Anyone simply bashing it without knowing, should look for himself, as long as the normal “GW2 duty” is not fun. ESO could be a real surprise to some…

Lets try not to go too much into ESO. If the topic derails it will most likely be closed.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Oh what a surprise a.net is actually busy with the release in another country how could we have never seen that one coming? Because we all know that a.net can duplicate its staff whenever needed.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Why do people assume that just because there aren’t new races and new weapons and new everything released every two weeks, it’s never going to happen?

honestly, what you say is theoretically true, but the vast majority of the comments devs have made have suggested that how you envision the possibilities of LS is not how they envisioned it.

Comments have been made, that they didnt want to split playerbase up, and LS has been used to funnel people into old areas (instead of adding new ones)

Comments have been made that they dont think there is any need for new proffesions

Comments have been made, that they feel living story events and features are seperate entities. Note for example, guild missions, they exist with no context within the world. While they could have been developing new interesting dynamic events involving the guild bounties and their stories, we have none of that.

See i dont hate living story, i think it has potential, and while i had hoped it would be used to introduce new features, enrich the world, etc, thats not how it has been used. They ve been doing it for awhile now, and the game really hasnt changed much for it. The big things are probably fractals, guild missions, and WvW rewards/eotm but even if all that hit at once, it wouldnt really have changed the game very much.

look at what eye of the north expansion offered

new story
41 new armor sets, including rare, stand-alone pieces
100 new profession-specific skills (10 per profession, none of which are elite)
50 new PvE only skills including 3 elite skills
10 new heroes
18 Dungeons
124 new quests
The Hall of Monuments, a place which allows you to obtain unique titles, companions, weapons, armor, and miniatures in Guild Wars 2 based on your achievements in the original Guild Wars. The Hall of Monuments does not support the transfer of characters or gold.

Actions have more consequences. For example, if you lose NPCs that help you, you can choose to continue without them (and their help) instead of being forced to try again (although you may start over with a clean slate by going back to town). Similarly, if you rescue NPCs, they may join you and help you.

More than the previous campaigns, Eye of the North is full of easter eggs and “hidden” quests, which are not immediately accessible.
4 new regions

Charr Homelands

The green homeland of the Charr, north of Ascalon and east to the Far Shiverpeaks.

Depths of Tyria

An immense interconnected underground complex of natural caves and excavated areas underneath Tyria.

Far Shiverpeaks

A desolate mountain range to the north of the Shiverpeak Mountains we know. It is home to the Norn and the Ebon Vanguard.

Tarnished Coast

An area of high magical energy, and home to the Asura.

now, anet maybe changing gears, recently they mentioned races proffessions and new areas as being within the life of the game(though not anything actually within planning) hopefully they can figure out how to make the world actually evolve, develop and expand soon, but little we have seen ourselves suggests that is the case.

If you tell someone who stopped playing after the first month whats new/changed? you really dont have much to tell them do you?

(edited by phys.7689)

Nat.4029

If you tell someone who stopped playing after the first month whats new/changed? you really dont have much to tell them do you?

You get to say… “Oh man! They’ve done so many cool things… but…. you can’t play through any of it because it’s gone.”

Valar Morghulis

You get to say… “Oh man! They’ve done so many cool things… but…. you can’t play through any of it because it’s gone.”

Exactly

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

First off, I didn’t like ESO at all and I loved all the old ES games since Daggerfall. To those that did like it, I am happy for you.

I highly doubt that Anet will release an expansion in 2014. Heck, I would even guess that it wont happen until mid 2015 if at all.
Anet likes to ride the hype train and we would have gotten a teaser video or some kind of media surge if there was an imminent release of a boxed xpac or xpac through the gemstore(most likely option).

That being said, IF they do not change the course after this season of LS then I really think that the game will start to lose people.
Players need new zones, races, classes, skills, dungeons, JP(I hate them personally) and varied permanent content in a themepark MMO in order to keep people busy.
I find myself not caring about doing the dailies, doing world bosses(except teq and wurm) since they are boring.
I find myself not even caring that much about the current LS since the story is akin to a 10 year old’s homework assignment in fantasy literature.
With a ton of new games coming out(Witcher 3, DAO:Inquisition,Thief3(I hope that is good) and many more we will ALL be tempted to play something that isn’t boring.
To those that enjoy the LS and mediocre content releases then I say great! I am glad you enjoy it, but it seems that the majority of people not only on the forums but ingame and on other forums are not enjoying it And that makes this Quaggan sad

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Exactly

i found something that describes GW2 in a nutshell, left is GW2, right is SWToR:
http://tadhgkelly.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a8f8e2b8970b0148c84ae9be970c-pi

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

expansions take a long time, its pretty unlikely they could have one this year when they haven’t even conceptualized one yet

Is that why other MMO companies release expansions every year?

Push the envelope. Anet did it in 6 months – twice – for gw1. They were both epic, full games’ worth of content. Now we get… 18 months with nothing new from launch, and the promise of something epic coming from the LS (which would be a first, and I’m not holding my breath), but nothing else on the horizon.

This is the reason people keep raging on the forums. A game franchise that was loved, and they’ve been doing everything possible to make it mediocre.

Posted by: thangard.7618

thangard.7618

reading this i saw lot of people that think that gw2 inst going to get something diferent than a new story arc of living world this year. I tought the same until i read this -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2
Some where in the middle , you can read:
" When [Living World Season One] ends [on 4th March], we’re going to take a break for a little bit and then we’re going to do one really big feature patch that is more akin to what people see from some of our [MMO] competitors," said Johanson, “where they bundle a lot of features together into a really big patch every now and then.”

I dont think that we are going to get a content as big as the game itself, or new classes, but i think we are going to get something . Maybe a few new maps or tengus maybe.. i dont know. But im shure we are going to get something.

Nat.4029

Exactly

i found something that describes GW2 in a nutshell, left is GW2, right is SWToR:
http://tadhgkelly.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a8f8e2b8970b0148c84ae9be970c-pi

Tell me about it. The voice-acting/direction is great in SWTOR, and the stories and characters are actually interesting.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

seying nothing is worse then seying something silance is killing us that expansion will make us play more this game that gw 2 have more in store for us like this the LS is fail for me not cool dont care for it not even doing it

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I udnerstand that some people want to have a change of scenery and thats good, but ESO is not near to compete with GW2

So you’re saying that the 2000 player PvP campaigns on a map that’s 20x the size of GW2 borders, complete with rankings and PvE/roaming content doesnt compete with GW2 WvW?

What do people want this hypothetical expansion to include, really? Just PvE? I dont know about you but I want better World vs World. It doesnt matter if Anet would release a massive PvE expansion – what draws me and many others into GW2 is WvW. I guild raid for hours every night – I barely venture into PvE zones for days at a time. What they have done so far is just bandaid solutions. EoTM is nice, but it doesnt solve issues like coverage/PPT.

These are the kind of people that I fear GW2 is about to loose. What’s left? Roleplayers in PvE? HA! I dont even dare to enter Divinitys Reach anymore, everywhere you go there is a wierd person lurking in a corner.

Once the guilds leave (and all anyone really care about is WvW guilds), GW2 will be a hollow shell.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)