Suggested Option for Outfits/Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yolanda Hardass.8045

Yolanda Hardass.8045

I think they should have a Buttcape/No buttcape toggle option. Same armor, just with or without.

aaaand go

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

this idea is so good, they will just ignore it.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Yup, we all want no butt capes except for Anet so they will never go away.

Aury.1367

start a petition

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

Players have been asking since the start of the game for less butt capes, trench coats, skirts, etc. but they just keep pumping it out. A new outfit/armor is out? Oh, it has a butt cape, giant shoulders, mismatched gloves and is overly busy for the sake of being busy. hooray.
I would love something simple. How about some of those castaway clothes from Ember Bay? A simple tank top, shorts or pants, no gloves, no shoulders, please, thank you.

Yolanda Hardass.8045

@Karmapolice, I know brother, I feel your pain
@everyone else +1

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

oh my oh my, was logging in just to create a topic about outfits vs armors and saw ur post! I though i’m alone in the dark hopefully not.
ANET if you are listening to your community plz:
WE JUST HAD ENOUGH OUTFITS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. RELEASE THEM AS ARMOR SKINS.

Yolanda Hardass.8045

the worst part is, and I do even agree with you Shaman, they will give you skimpy female armor, which I don’t have anything against, but cover the butt. The exact same armor on males, does not have a buttcape. This is not true for all of them, but you can see where I am going with this

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Shaman, you may want to find the other threads that have sprouted over the past year or two on the subject and chime in on the newest of those (or make a new one). This thread is about making butt capes optional for outfits and armor, without any weighing of the relative merits of either.

I agree on the wish to be able to turn the butt capes invisible. I was eyeing the new outfit today and decided against purchasing it due to the female butt cape and the overall look of the icy parts. They can dye to better, icier hues, but just look too clumsy and opaque for my taste in icy adornment The only other outfit I’ve passed up on is … whatever it’s called, the one made of random wild animal and plant bits. I’ll be ok with getting the icy encased one out of a wardrobe unlock some day but that random mess one? It had better not unlock! … but I digress.

As we have seen that it is entirely possible to make armor items that don’t show the skirts, it would be amazing to put that control in player hands. While perhaps redoing old armors for it wouldn’t work — they’d probably have to go load in the skirtless version for each and every piece, and doing that for one piece wouldn’t take much time but doing it for all of them would be a huge project — maybe future armors could include such an option? Not a toggle, but a double skin unlock so players can choose which version to transmute? At that point it’s just a matter of cutting out a section of the visible armor, hopefully not too hard to do during the design process.

Aury.1367

Title says enough. The new outfit is the proof. Atleast give us an option to hide it. I dont want a completly different outfit only because I change from male to female. The more people will ask for no more buttcapes, well maybe someone does sth about it. Shouldnt be that hard to remove it per option.

Yolanda Hardass.8045

+1 Donari, right on

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I doubt we’ll get a check box for yes/no buttcapes. I do want to see more styles that don’t rely on them. Same with trench coats. Less of those and more vests. (I miss my old town-clothes hoodie.)

As for the latest icy outfit… It’s clunky and unappealing to me. But a look at the close-fit, simpler-looking base cloth underneath… Can I have that on its own, please? There isn’t enough “simple” gear for being subtle or for casual RP.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Yolanda Hardass.8045

And besides, they have already done so with the male armors, would it be greatly difficult to copy and paste the code? I am treading on thin ice here I know as I am not a coder. just an idea I had

Yolanda Hardass.8045

I am not against the new icy outfit, barring the buttcape

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

agree

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Mea.5491

+1.

and 15charrs

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Ban the buttcape!

I’d settle for an option to hide them, or the addition of transparent dyes that let us make parts of armors become invisible.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

but it’s cold in the bitterfrost frontier …

Mea.5491

but it’s cold in the bitterfrost frontier …

A flappy cape doesn’t help much against cold. :P

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

+1 need less butt capes.
It took me ages to mix a set without butt-capes, hip flaps or a trench coat for my Male Charr Engineer.

Kitten.

Posted by: Kovyn Alander.2138

Kovyn Alander.2138

4 years of this, ANET. 4! We already have enough!

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I think there is someone on the design team whose sole job is to slap butt-capes on to otherwise excellent looking armor.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

/signed – no butt capes. And we also have plenty of skirts and MORE than enough trenchcoats!

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Buttcapes offend me and are against my religion. #triggered

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mea.5491

/signed – no butt capes. And we also have plenty of skirts and MORE than enough trenchcoats!

Yes, it’s time for tight, simple stuff and more pants. Where did all the GW1 designers go?

Attachments:

Aury.1367

comments on Dulfy say the same: no more buttcapes, give us the option to hide them please.

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Yes, it’s time for tight, simple stuff and more pants. Where did all the GW1 designers go?

Right next door to Amazon Game Studios along with a lot of other MMO vets.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

I just don’t get it- Anet seems bent on selling as little as possible. They keep putting out outfits/armor in styles the players beg them not to (eg yet more trenchcoats, butt capes, skirts, gigantic shoulders that can’t be turned off), won’t put out styles the players do ask for (eg simpler clothing, pants, GW1 style armor that hasn’t been altered to add butt capes and gigantic shoulders), the number of items on the store in general are way too few and those items seldom rotate, and the holidays are pretty much devoid of good sales. It’s like whoever is in charge of the store says “whatever the customers ask for, let’s do the opposite”.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Title says enough. The new outfit is the proof. Atleast give us an option to hide it. I dont want a completly different outfit only because I change from male to female. The more people will ask for no more buttcapes, well maybe someone does sth about it. Shouldnt be that hard to remove it per option.

Then play an asura. The buttcape works for this outfit. Great job anet.

Posted by: alivka.3127

alivka.3127

the worst part is the forced streching, i would really love to cut the buttcape off!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Issue is that unlike gloves, helms, shoulders and backpack, butt capes aren’t a separate armor piece but an integrated part of the leggings. That would like asking for the ability to toggle off some other detail from an armor piece you don’t agree with.

They would have to rework every single set of leggings/outfit that have a butt cape and add a checkbox in the hero/equipment panel. Everything has a development cost that has to be paid from something else. It’s like one college basketball coach’s standard reply about why player X doesn’t have more playing time, “well who would you want me to sitout?”.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Where did all the GW1 designers go…bring them back!
And yes plz no more hideous butt capes, they ruin everything -_- It would be cool if we could just cut them off some how even if it meant buying some scissors from the gem store that could remove parts of armor/outfits that we hate.

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Start playing male characters and problem solved. Gtfo female human meta tyvm. Outfit is good, bb.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Ellie.5913

Start playing male characters and problem solved. Gtfo female human meta tyvm. Outfit is good, bb.

NO, males are wack YOU GTFO

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

Agree’d. The new costume was almost close to being good, but then I (not surprisingly) saw the buttcape on my character preview and was immediately turned off.

I don’t think I’ll EVER spend money on gem store attire at this point. They simply refuse to take out the buttcapes… kitteng ridiculous.

It is buttcape on female Sylvari too.

Where did all the GW1 designers go…bring them back!
And yes plz no more hideous butt capes, they ruin everything -_- It would be cool if we could just cut them off some how even if it meant buying some scissors from the gem store that could remove parts of armor/outfits that we hate.

/agree x9000

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Then you have a problem. I dont and so many people who play charr/male toons like me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiXaT_1I-vw

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Ellie.5913

Then you have a problem. I dont and so many people who play charr/male toons like me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiXaT_1I-vw

No I don’t have a problem maybe you do…
https://youtu.be/ZJL4UGSbeFg
https://youtu.be/CtmhF3t8h3A

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I agree down with the butt cape, why hide my female characters curves when they obviously have junk in the trunk!

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Atleast the male got nice view of their back now from our newest outfit
Me like..

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Also, I really like it on male version, specially the mask is a favorite!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|