No more Heirlooms merchants?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mergatroid.2086

Mergatroid.2086

Q:

So, I love the dynamic content lately, the whole Scarlet storyline was pretty cool.

I do have a complaint though (of course). I haven’t been one to do any complaining about GW2 as there has always been so much to do that I’ve just been having fun playing the game.
In fact, this is the first ever online game I have actually spent money on in the online store (gems), and through purchasing gem cards at Amazon.ca.
I can say that, including the purchase price, I have spent about $200 on this game.
So, here I was, playing along in the game, having lots of fun. I find that, for collecting 150 heirlooms there is actually a pretty decent reward. So, I’m playing along and collecting. I have been collecting them for about 25+ hours of game play. Since I work full time for a living, I can’t really play more than that over a two week period, but that represents a lot of time. So, I come home from work today to see that the Lions Arch Under Attack content has ended and we get to party. That’s cool, except I didn’t get up to 150 heirlooms. Oh well, that sucks, I’ll just go turn in what I have….not.
Now I find out that there are no merchants left to turn in the objects I have been collecting for 25+ hours.
Excuse me? I just spent two freaking weeks collecting items for over 25 hours, and now they’re worthless? Just because someone decided to remove all the merchants?
I could be wrong, but I have googled it and all I can find is someone else’s comment in another forum saying that merchants would no longer be available after the 18th.
If this is true, I’m a pretty P.O.‘d customer. I mean, really kittened off because there were a lot of other games I could have spent that time in that would have been productive.
There are also a lot of other games vying for my money.
ANET, I am asking you, why should I continue to play GW2, and purchase in-game items and gems, if my hard spent time is going to be thrown in the toilet?
I mean, literally, my 25+ hours I spent trying to get to 150 of these things is now dust, gone, like it never existed. I am not asking for the dynamic content to last forever, but you can’t just remove merchants that are the only way to exchange your collected items for a reward that makes it worth spending the time in the first place.
Look guys, I have been an avid GW and GW2 player. I am one of your markets as I have spent a lot of time and money on these two games. How can you justify something like this?
I am so turned off right now, that I am thinking about just moving on to something else. I really can’t remember the last time so much game playing time has been trashed (actually, the last time was after a PS3 repair when it wouldn’t let me restore my backup due to Sony’s DRM. Now that PS3 is just being used as a blu-ray player, and I haven’t spent a cent on any games or hardware for it since).
Please, no “well you should have read about it ahead of time” comments. I can either spend my time digging around on the ‘net for information and reading about the game, or I can spend it actually playing the game. As a full time worker, I really can’t afford the time to do both.
So, as it stands, I’m at a big pause. I have spent money (real money) on armor upgrades for three characters, and at least four gem cards and some other items and gold, and for what? So ANET can waste my time?
Please, put the merchants back in the game so those of us who still have items collected can trade them in. You did this with the tri-coloured chest, so why not with these merchants?
I can’t really justify collecting anything more in this game without knowing I won’t be wasting my time for nothing. If this is going to become the norm, I’ll have to look for some other game to spend my time and money on.
Lastly, if my information is wrong, and there is a merchant in the game somewhere where we can turn in our collected items (even though I can’t find him)…well then……just never mind.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Please, read the release notes. They do say that there will be a merchant appearing sometime in the future.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

First thread in News and Announcements: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

• The average typing speed is about 40 words per minute / 200 characters per minute.
  • Your post is 755 words / 3900 characters long.
  • 755/40 or 3900/200 ~= 20 minutes of typing time.

In the future, if you try your best to finish what you’re farming and turn items in at the merchant before the end of the Living Story release (which is every 2 weeks), you may save around 15-18 minutes of time per every 2 weeks.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Mergatroid.2086

Mergatroid.2086

So, no “oops, sorry. We realize that not everyone can spare the time to everything online regarding the game, so we’ll just throw the merchants back into the game for a week, since after all it would be practically zero effort on our behalf”.
I believe I mentioned that I haven’t complained about GW2 before, so obviously I was wouldn’t “save 15-18 minutes of time per week” since this has never happened before, and is not going to happen again as I’m just not going to bother collecting this stuff in GW2 anymore. It’s hard enough just trying to find the time to collect it in the first place.
They left the tricoloured chest out after that dynamic content was over (as I mentioned), they could have done the same here. Again, it would have been fairly effortless to just leave the merchants available in one location for a week so everyone can turn in their collections when they get time to log in.
Basically, there is no valid reason not to leave one in the game for a limited time.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Basically, there is no valid reason not to leave one in the game for a limited time.

Again, if they do bring the vendors back what happens to the people that read the official message about the vendor being gone and deleted their items? Now you have a whole new group of people unhappy. At some point Anet has to say this is what it is and I think they have already.

The Burninator

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

So, you are going to take the time to complain about something you, yourself didn’t bother to read up on? Whereas the rest of us (full time working people) who read up on the topic as it was running for 2 weeks somehow found the time to turn in our stuff. Yeah so the tri color things stayed… It was worthless rewards. Yeah aether keys are still there again worthless once you have the TA path finished. So heirlooms, you got 150 that means give worthless blue bags that had found belongings and children’s drawings. So, your complaining cause once more you didn’t read the notes… Cause you were playing. Also you could have been collecting the heirlooms for 4 weeks. And turning them in for that 4 weeks. So how long did the merchants need to stay past a month?

Don’t get me wrong i feel your pain I saved countless things for the weapon skins at the jubilee, but since I missed part of the LS I didn’t get my skins even though I had all the stuff. So there they sit in my inventory along with tri color keys, and fragments awaiting the new vendor when ever she shows her happy face. I say you do the same.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

We all know when the next update hits. It always makes sense if you’re not sure to check to see if merchants would be around, even by just posting a 1 minute question to the forums.

I knew that the merchants would be gone and kept reminding people in our guild that this would be the case.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Even when they leave the merchants for an extra week, or whatever time period, there are always people who ‘missed’ the information that they were going to be removed, and bring their concerns to the forums. So, I’m not sure it matters when the vendors are removed. It takes very little time to read ‘News and Announcements’, or, as another said, post a quick question. If I had spent 25 hours solely collecting heirlooms whilst doing nothing else in the zone, I probably would have made sure to know when and where to turn them in.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Anet has a history of poor communications. Sometimes all they do is post on twitter or facebook. (A medium not directly related to Anet.)

This time however they posted the information. They posted the information in the correct location. They posted the information in the correct location with plenty of advanced warning.

The only thing they could have done better would have been to post a link in the launcher itself. But be realistic. Nothing would have changed. Most players have “Autoplay” turned on and don’t even look at the launcher.

If they hadn’t posted correct information in the correct location in enough of an advanced warning. Then I could get behind the return of the vendor like I got behind the return of the scarlet lair chests.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Intuos.3210

Intuos.3210

They actually kept the Heirlooms open for longer than I hoped. The first two weeks I got enough for both horns and halo by just casual playing, not doing heirloom runs but rather getting the citizens bags to get 1 and 5 heirlooms each.

I was disappointed that during the retaking of LA the heirlooms were still there. Made them less rare. Now if they extended it even further… EVERYONE will have horns and halos.

Human Ranger – Crystal Desert

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Please, read the release notes. They do say that there will be a merchant appearing sometime in the future.

That is only for the blade shards.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger