No new race in feature patch :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

I thought for sure there would be a race added. I guess my gaze shifts to end of season 2 LS possibly marking the addition of a new race after we help them or get help from them in the LS.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

They’ve outlined core changes to the games structure, but haven’t said anything about content. In that regard, we may indeed get nothing, or we might get a great deal. Who knows? Wait till the patch hits and see what happens. Maybe all those SAB fanatics will get their wish too.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

That is because it is not a content patch. They have been very, very clear about this.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

No, they were busy kittening up the server system creating community-destroying Overflows nobody asked for. Oh well.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Which race would you like to see?

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I wouldn’t expect a new Race anytime soon

the main candidates for playable races are Tengu, Kodan and Largos

if any of these races are to become playable it will be tied into the Lore and Story of Gw2
maybe the personal Story or more likely the Living world story

now that Mordemoth is awakening its not to far a assumption to say that a new Race isnt majorly far off but not soon either

If I had to guess I’d say the Tengu will be the first race to become playable
after all they did join us against Zhaitan.. somewhat despite their neutral stance in the world
Izu Steelshrike joined us as a weaponsmith in the personal story and he said and I quote
(the death of an Elder Dragon may spark renewed tengu interest into joining the other races in their fight against the dragons.)

This hints that Tengu are considering getting involved as the do recognise the Elder Dragons as a very severe threat to all races whether they are allied or not

What some may not know though is that the Dominion of Winds is actually having a little destroyer problem
which is probbaly the initial reason for the Tengu seeking out relationships with other races
there is also a deal between Soar Goldbeak and the Asura to build a Asura gate at the Hanto Trading Post although the Asura have not done so yet
presumably it is a precaution to a future prediction by Soar
my guess is that he predicts a massive attack on the Dominion of Winds by Destroyers or perhaps something else and that he knows when this happens the Tengu will not be able to win alone
but they are far to arrogant and nationalistic to ask for help
this portal may supply the Dominion with an army of players that will repel the attack and thus prove to the Tengu that they can trust us and that we are invaluable allies
not to mention that uniting with the other races is neccessary

at this point Tengu have the perfect oppertunity to become a playable race

still this is all speculation based off what we know about the game lore
but I would not rule the Tengu out because despite their looks they use the same framework as the Charr but with different annimations

it is very possible they will be the first race considered if a new race is to be added in the future

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

No, they were busy kittening up the server system creating community-destroying Overflows nobody asked for. Oh well.

Except that lots of people asked for it. You may not personally like it, but the idea of underflow systems has been around a long time and people complaining about not getting on their home server for big events were complaining. In essence people outlined a problem and Anet created a system to fix that problem.

I’m pretty sure even now the people who find fault with the mega server are a relatively small percentage of the community (and that’s before anyone’s tried it out).

On topic: This was always supposed to be a feature patch, not a content patch.

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Tengu /sigh
I don’t want to play as no conchy, Col. Sanders reject…give us Skritt!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

New races are content, not features.
The patch on the 15th is a feature patch not a content patch. Thus there would be no reason to assume that there would be a new race in that patch.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square