No new tier in 2013?

No new tier in 2013?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I started working at my current place 20th of January 2012. Next week I’ll be here exactly one year. In this extremely short time, I learned a huge amount of stuff, yet barely scratched the surface of what I want to do here. Every day I wonder how it’s possible for a year to fly by like this. Blink twice and a whole year is gone.

What I’m saying is plain and simple. The promise that no new tier will come in 2013 is shallow and vain. It means nothing. Before you know it, 2013 is over and the next tier will be our the doorsteps. This promise of no new tiers really doesn’t mean anything to the anti-ascended crowd.

The only promise we can and will handle is: in the lifetime of GW2, no further increase in either stats or levels will be implemented into the game.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

In pre-release interviews they said they want to increase the level cap in expansion packs.

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

In pre-release interviews they said they want to increase the level cap in expansion packs.

Well, they haven’t actually said they won’t do that this year – only that they won’t increase a tier.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

No new tier in 2013?

marnick.4305

I don’t want to be a doomthinker here but really … a year doesn’t mean anything to me. A year is merely 600 hours played. Does anyone expect to get full ascended in that timeframe?

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah tier= masterpiece,rare, exotic, ascended,legendary etc.

you probably won’t see another tier coming this 2013, but you may see lvl 100 exotics… there goes lvl 80 exotics down the drain…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

A year is a VERY reasonable promise no new tier. Especially considering that is more that double the time that the game has come out. Think of how much you have done, and how much progression you have made on one of all of your characters. By the time 2014 comes everyone will be ready for some new stuff.

The problem that people had with ascended weapons was that they came out way too soon. People will be ready this next time and even an expansion will be welcome! Let’s hear it for more skill points!!

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

They can increase the level cap all they want, so long as they don’t increase the gear level cap. If level 80 equipment was still the best you could get even for your level 120 Cylon Warlord, a few years down the line here, then the problems with level cap increases would be largely averted.

They would also be at least partially averted if particularly onerous gearing tasks (exotic dungeon armor, crafted armor, the like) had some manner of equal trade-in for the new gear cap. If they kick the level cap up to 90, say, and the gear cap goes with it, but there’s a special NPC somewhere that’ll take your old level 80 Citadel of Flame armor in exchange for enough tokens to buy a set of new Citadel of Flame armor at the level cap (including runes!), then the problem will at least be mitigated, if not averted.

I have other reasons to dislike (very intensely, for that matter) the notion of a level cap increase, but it is unfortunately something ArenaNet built the game to do, because everyone but me meowed like crazy over increasing level caps and junk after Guild Wars 1. Never mind that doing so completely destroys any sort of balance in any realm of play since those realms’ balance was built around the current cap of 80. Never mind that doing so forces unexpected grind on players who thought it was safe for them to try for special gear and equipment, punishing anyone whow as already at the cap and happily playing. Never mind that it (further) invalidates lower-level zones, increasing the amount of game space going unused because people flat refuse to be anywhere but capped areas.

Never mind that there’s a dozen reasons it’s a bad idea. Warcraft players, no matter the game they’re playing, will never be satisfied until there’s always a level cap increase or a new gear tier or something Just A Few Months Away, because being done with a character and able to just sit down, log on, play, and enjoy the fruits of all your work is anathema to them. That’s why we got Ascended equipment, that’s why ArenaNet is forcing level cap increases on us.

Don’t blame the devs. Well, do blame the devs, just don’t blame them alone. Also blame the unpleasable portion of the fanbase that categorically refuses to tolerate anything but endless vertical progression. People who won’t be content until their Cylon Warlord is walking around in triple-Ascended Legendary-Infused Abaddonian warplate, but only because they haven’t managed to farm up their set of triple-Ascended Legendary-Infused Abaddonian Gold warplate yet.

[Edit: Removed offensive parts]

(edited by Moderator)

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: Celyth.3085

Celyth.3085

I don’t want to be a doomthinker here but really … a year doesn’t mean anything to me. A year is merely 600 hours played. Does anyone expect to get full ascended in that timeframe?

Considering it would take the average player (it takes me 60 hours to get 80 and max exotics on a slow killing Necromancer) about 120 hours to max exotics, it shouldn’t be more than 240 hrs to get full ascended… We can bring it to 180 hrs-exotics and 360 hrs-ascended if I’m really 3x more efficient, which I doubt I am.

On top of it, they’re staggering the ascended gears, its not like you’ll need to make all of them in an instant (such as WoW’s…bam, new raid, new full tier set), so far you only need rings and backpieces. And so far, you’ve had 2 months to pick them up to “stay competitive” (hah, in what, WvW?).

Right now, an average pug run for me in fractals 10 is 1 hour-1.5 hours? 10-15 hours for a guaranteed 1 ring, with a chance (I luckily got both the zerker-y rings i wanted on the Warrior).

I wouldn’t worry, from the blog post it seemed like they’d add new ways to get ascended other than fotm10.

Logical worries/complaints come after content is released (like the Wintersday minis, argh no quaggan for me). Worries/complaints based on emotions and fears come before content, and we simply don’t have enough clues to make silly conclusions.

(edited by Celyth.3085)

No new tier in 2013?

marnick.4305

A year is a VERY reasonable promise no new tier. Especially considering that is more that double the time that the game has come out. Think of how much you have done, and how much progression you have made on one of all of your characters. By the time 2014 comes everyone will be ready for some new stuff.

My main only got full exotic yesterday. My second character is lvl 49. I will be ready for new content, but not new tiers.

But surely every jobless person will have full ascended by December 2014 so I understand your position. Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of playing 10 hours a day. Even getting 1 ascended piece is a big deal since I can only do a single fractal a week. Imagine when I DC two weeks in a row … Real life obligations you know … some people have them. These obligations are exactly the reason we play GW2, a game that was promised to have horizontal progression, not this vertical nonsense.

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

You guys are really good at finding every opportunity to complain and whine about things that is either implemented or not implemented. Seems like everything is something to complain about. Sheesh, life is complicated enough.

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I do

Anet make Rev great again.

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You guys are really good at finding every opportunity to complain and whine about things that is either implemented or not implemented. Seems like everything is something to complain about. Sheesh, life is complicated enough.

Because some people don’t accept getting kitten thrown in our faces. We don’t like to sit down quietly and let someone kick on us and accept it.

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

No being sold a game before launch with specific promises to have that thrown under the bus in 2 months is wrong.
Asking me to support them and then change the entire base of the game in 1 patch is wrong.
Sorry but maybe you dont hold people accountable for what they do and take whatever you can get but I dont. You sell me a product I expect it to live up to the expectations you promised. Or expect some time of attempt to redress the situation.

You cant trust them on anything anymore and the no new tier is meaningless. They have no problem selling out ideas or shunting concepts out because they do it without hesitation. Frankly dont believe the hype and dont trust anything they say. This is 2.0 now and a whole new ball game or hockey.

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Asking me to support them and then change the entire base of the game in 1 patch is wrong.

I don’t think they’ve done anything like it. They’ve talked about level cap increase long before launch. They’ve also said that they are separating PvP from PvE because of the change in their character progression design.

Personally I don’t consider items as content gate but the way you acquire them (like raids are the ultimate content lock for me – it was never possible for me to progress through them).

And the “No new tier in 2013” means also that there will be a new tier in 2014.

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

January 1st 2014. New gear tier will be implemented.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: sasori.2603

sasori.2603

No new Tier for Gear,
but that doesn’t mean Anet can’t add new upgrade stones gated behind a certain dungeon exclusively and need a month grind with daily tasks

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

And what happens once every player has the best gear possible ???

Are you saying that Anet should not introduce any new/harder mobs for us to fight ?

To expand/progress the game eventually Anet will ‘have to’ add more difficult content. That means having to add new/better gear to enable the player to beat that content.

No new gear/mobs = stagnent game = dead game !

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

And what happens once every player has the best gear possible ???

Are you saying that Anet should not introduce any new/harder mobs for us to fight ?

To expand/progress the game eventually Anet will ‘have to’ add more difficult content. That means having to add new/better gear to enable the player to beat that content.

GW1 is still running, and it’s had horizontal progression since the day it launched. Turns out people are just fine with grinding for skins, thanks.

I will never understand why people still try to insist that a game without vertical progression absolutely cannot survive when the predecessor to this game is proof positive that they’re wrong.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

No new tier in 2013?

Phantax.1369

Firstly I never said games with linear progression cannot survive !

Second, this is GW2 so what ever happened in GW1 doesnt mean toss !

Third, this game is very much geared towards becoming a vertical progression game. Fractals started this trend, AND Anet themselves said they want to increase lvl cap later on which is vertical progression.

Lastly, they only said there would be no new tier in 2013, they did not say there never would be, so vertical progression in GW2 is very likely.

If your going to flame somebody, please at leat try to get your facts right before you do so ! ! !

Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

(edited by Phantax.1369)

No new tier in 2013?

marnick.4305

I totally agree that a.net should progressively increase the difficulty of new content based on the increase of average player skill.

However what you don’t seem to get is that difficulty and better gear have nothing to do with each other but rather are each others direct opposite. New and more difficult mobs, yes. New skins, yes. Higher stats, no.

Better gear leads to lower difficulty instead of higher. The higher your stats, the easier the content becomes.

No new tier in 2013?

Phantax.1369

However what you don’t seem to get is that difficulty and better gear have nothing to do with each other but rather are each others direct opposite. New and more difficult mobs, yes. New skins, yes. Higher stats, no.

Better gear leads to lower difficulty instead of higher. The higher your stats, the easier the content becomes.

Hmm.. I suggest you go try a run CoF or Arah in lvl 1 gear then tell me gear lvl has no bearing…lol
You could also look at your own comment and ask if gear lvl has nothing to do with difficulty, wht did Anet even bother to give us different tiers of gear ???

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

We get ascended gear pieces for the remaining 9 gear slots AND at least one set of ascended weapons. That’s plenty of goals for everybody, assuming they don’t make them even easier to acquire then they are right now. Increasing the number of ways to gear up: yes please; decreasing the amount of play required to get them – hell, no.

Oh, don’t forget about infusions! They are also releasing all of those tiers, so if you are dedicated enough, you could work your way up to a full ascended infusion set(12).
I think that’s more than enough to do until 2014 hits.

No new tier in 2013?

marnick.4305

Hmm.. I suggest you go try a run CoF or Arah in lvl 1 gear then tell me gear lvl has no bearing…lol
You could also look at your own comment and ask if gear lvl has nothing to do with difficulty, wht did Anet even bother to give us different tiers of gear ???

Case in point. CoF with lower gear is MORE difficult. So if you want more difficult content you should be asking for WORSE gear or harsher scaling. Asking for higher gear is asking for easier content, not harder content. Thanks for proving my point.

No new tier in 2013?

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Threads created for the sake of complaining are against our Code of Conduct, as they do not invite to constructive and healthy discussion.

Furthermore, making assumptions like this is counter productive, and does not bring constructive feedback to the current issues & concerns.

Therefore this thread is now closed.