No overflow in Lions Arch becoming an issue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Anyone know how to get around needing an overflow for fractals in lions arch?

Sometimes at late night or very early morning time even on high populated servers there is no chance of getting an overflow in lions arch for fractals.

Making it impossible to get a group together or play the content.

Anyone know a way around this? We don’t need overflows to play normal dungeons so why they make it so we need them for fractals?

Seems silly? Will this be fixed?

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

This problem will be fixed with the fractal update. It has to do with how they designed and coded fractals.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

TRON.1085

This problem will be fixed with the fractal update. It has to do with how they designed and coded fractals.

Are you sure? Do you have a source? Can we get confirmation from dev plz?

Afaik they only fixing disconnects we will still require overflow’s to group up with players on other servers for fractals, which is a pretty big flaw.

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

There’s a good chance that guesting will “fix” that.

Just set one of your guest servers to be a near max population server.

TRON.1085

There’s a good chance that guesting will “fix” that.

Just set one of your guest servers to be a near max population server.

That will not solve the issue, im on a high populated server, it’s when its not that servers primetime it becomes an issue either late night or early morning / day time there is no overflow in lions arch.

That will not solve the issue.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

the issue is that you need very specific progress to join a fractal party, the fractal update will allow people without higher fractal level to join higher fractals, massively increasing the pool of players that can form parties.

You only needed the multi server overflow because of the larger pool of fractal players there.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Your best bet is the lfg website if you can’t find people on there when you want to run an overflow wont help either

Posted by: Selo.1250

Selo.1250

but….i thougth all servers were “brimming”

TRON.1085

Your best bet is the lfg website if you can’t find people on there when you want to run an overflow wont help either

Again does not solve the issue im talking about, and I do use that gw2lfg website….

TRON.1085

but….i thougth all servers were “brimming”

Its not a population problem….

Out of the servers primetime late night or early morning daytime there is never any overflows in lions arch usually.

I wish people would bother to read the OP and previous posts before replying….jeez…

The problem is overflow’s are needed when grouping for fractals with players from other servers, its not a population problem it happens when any server is not in it’s primetime like late night or early morning / daytime, making it impossible to play fractal content not through lacking of getting players…

You can get 5 players at that time of night or day, the problem is none of those players can play with each other due to not having an overflow, making it impossible to play together.

(edited by TRON.1085)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hard to believe all 5 people never get an overflow. I’m pretty much always on one at any time of the day when I enter LA. Fractals have been screwed up and flawed since they were released though. Many of which seem like really bad simple things that were overlooked like this and being unable to rejoin from DC. Their fixes to it haven’t happened yet but should be soon enough.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

This is not a problem at all. Once you are in a group, you can simply right click a person’s profile and lick on “Join in Lion’s Arch” to join their overflow server. Doesn’t matter what server you start in. It is extremely unlikely that out of 5 people, no one will be in an overflow. Once they impliment guesting, overflows will not even be needed. To find a group, use gw2lfg.com.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Xenth.2408

Xenth.2408

The problem is that you have to enter as a whole party from the same instance. If there’s no overflows you can’t rely on gw2lfg.

Changing the system so that a party can enter any level up to the highest level available to any party member will help because it will be easier to form a group from your server’s population alone.

But, in addition to that, I thought I read somewhere that they were working on a fix to disconnects as well – so that people would be able to rejoin the party in fotm. I’m wondering if the fix will be to make fotm like any other dungeon which would mean you don’t have to be in the same instance to enter it in the first place.

Of course this “fix” would cause a lot of other problems – the biggest being griefing with the current kick system. I could see two people planning from the beginning to get into a group then kick everyone else at Jade Maw so that they could either sell the party slots or just to get their buddies/guildies in for the chest/bonus chest.

I’d never do that but I know there are people that would.

TRON.1085

The problem is that you have to enter as a whole party from the same instance. If there’s no overflows you can’t rely on gw2lfg.

Changing the system so that a party can enter any level up to the highest level available to any party member will help because it will be easier to form a group from your server’s population alone.

But, in addition to that, I thought I read somewhere that they were working on a fix to disconnects as well – so that people would be able to rejoin the party in fotm. I’m wondering if the fix will be to make fotm like any other dungeon which would mean you don’t have to be in the same instance to enter it in the first place.

Of course this “fix” would cause a lot of other problems – the biggest being griefing with the current kick system. I could see two people planning from the beginning to get into a group then kick everyone else at Jade Maw so that they could either sell the party slots or just to get their buddies/guildies in for the chest/bonus chest.

I’d never do that but I know there are people that would.

Thankyou finally someone who gets it and bothers to read the OP and previous posts, the rest of you im not going to repeat again what has already been covered and shown to be not fixing the issue….kittens…

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

Go gw2lfg. If you’re on the US, filter EU lfg. Vice versa for EU players. Join their party, which will place you in overflow because you can’t join their server. Type “oops, sorry. I’m from <US>/<EU>. Joined wrong party. Good luck.”, leave party and that’s it! You’re in overflow.

P.S.: Feels like I’m teaching something not right here.

Posted by: Czinczar.3786

Czinczar.3786

You mean that if I am on a EU server, I can join a US party, and that will place my char in an overflow map ?

TRON.1085

Go gw2lfg. If you’re on the US, filter EU lfg. Vice versa for EU players. Join their party, which will place you in overflow because you can’t join their server. Type “oops, sorry. I’m from <US>/<EU>. Joined wrong party. Good luck.”, leave party and that’s it! You’re in overflow.

P.S.: Feels like I’m teaching something not right here.

I had heard something like this was possible but was not sure how it worked, ty for that will give it a try in the future.

Does not solve the problem but will do for now.

why should the players have to guest and use up there guest choices everytime they want to play fractals with someone and there is no overflows….

Anet need to take a look at this and fix it so that we can play fractals without overflows like we can with normal dungeons.

Posted by: Czinczar.3786

Czinczar.3786

well it works, i joined a NA group, and i have been placed in overflow ! Thanks.

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

You mean that if I am on a EU server, I can join a US party, and that will place my char in an overflow map ?

Yup, it works but it’s a pretty bad way as we’re “using” other people to join overflow. I hope ANet will have a way around this though.

well it works, i joined a NA group, and i have been placed in overflow ! Thanks.

You’re welcome.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

gw2lfg.com
LFM fractals lvl 10 Need overflow

Problem solved.

TRON.1085

gw2lfg.com
LFM fractals lvl 10 Need overflow

Problem solved.

Sorry but no it does not solve the issue.

Anet would need to fix it so overflow’s are not needed for fractals when playing with players from other servers.

That would be fixing the issue that would be problem solved…

Anything else is just a temp solution to a long term issue.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You don’t need an overflow once guesting goes live. If no one in your group is in an overflow, the rest of the group can guest to the server of one of the players, join the same LA instance, and play Fractals together.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

TRON.1085

You don’t need an overflow once guesting goes live. If no one in your group is in an overflow, the rest of the group can guest to the server of one of the players, join the same LA instance, and play Fractals together.

Again I already covered this, it does not solve the issue, guesting is not a solution and its a terrible way of getting around this issue since it has limitations, also I have yet to even see a single source from anyone about them fixing this specific issue but people keep bringing it up….

Anet would need to fix it so overflow’s are not needed for fractals when playing with players from other servers. That would be fixing the issue that would be problem solved…Anything else is just a temp solution to a long term issue.

Any words from the dev’s on this issue? Will it be fixed with the new updates? A confirmation would be nice.

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

I just dont know why fractals dont use the hub as the as the group up spot. You have a group you walk into fractals and then in the hub you set the lvl before starting. Rather the do it before you enter causing this debacle.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They should, and probably will, eventually make Fractals like other dungeons in that you only need to be in the same zone, not same server, as your team, but that has not yet been confirmed. Point is that there is a solution to your problem coming in the next patch, and regardless of whether it is a good solution is irrelevant. It solves the issue, and if you refuse to use it, that’s on you.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

TRON.1085

Guesting has restrictions and limitations for one and yes there are ways around the issue but those do not fix the issue….

I keep hearing “it will get fixed” but no source, no proof and alot of shut up and deal with it…

I just dont know why fractals dont use the hub as the as the group up spot. You have a group you walk into fractals and then in the hub you set the lvl before starting. Rather the do it before you enter causing this debacle.

Exactly we don’t need overflow’s for other dungeon’s and all im looking for is a little communication to say “we are fixing it in the next update” " it will not be fixed in the next update but we are looking at it" or …

Not that difficult..

(edited by TRON.1085)

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

This issue will be fixed in the January 28 game update.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra