No precursor crafting in feature pack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Well I can’t say I didn’t see that coming. Precursor crafting is as eluding as big foot nowadays. Its something you think you may see but never do. I remember specifically hearing from Anet themselves that it was supposed to be in the April feature pack but was pushed back due to the changes in rewards. I figured, along with everyone else, it was pushed back to this feature pack. After all, it has been what, 4-5 months since then?

If its really taking this long to do something like precursor crafting, it better be absolutely spectacular when it actually comes out. I mean amazing. They have spent most of the games history working on this.

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

So what else is not being released with this feature pack? Your post leads me to believe that you have secret knowledge of what weeks 2 and 3 will bring.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Chill dude, we will get precurser crafting after capes and guild halls will be implemented in the game so just wait…. FOREVER

Also welcome to the beta phase.

SkylightMoon.1980

So what else is not being released with this feature pack? Your post leads me to believe that you have secret knowledge of what weeks 2 and 3 will bring.

They literally just hinted that its not coming. Sorry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjo8MklCiLI

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Also, don’t forget IF they launch precursor crafting in this patch they aren’t going to announce it until the very end to avoid a massive shock on the economy. If it was announced today, but not going to be implemented until Sept. 9th, all T6 mats, lodestones, ecto, etc. will jump through the roof in prices as everyone and thier mamma will want to get a head start and stock up for it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

SkylightMoon.1980

Also, don’t forget IF they launch precursor crafting in this patch they aren’t going to announce it until the very end to avoid a massive shock on the economy. If it was announced today, but not going to be implemented until Sept. 9th, all T6 mats, lodestones, ecto, etc. will jump through the roof in prices as everyone and thier mamma will want to get a head start and stock up for it.

Its nice to think things like that but in all honestly its probably not happening. If they said something like “ye its coming this patch” thats all theyd need to say. That wouldn’t ruin the economy because no one would know what was needed in the crafting. If they released a blog post with it, ye.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Given this was something, along with new legendaries, that we were supposed to see at the end of 2013 and the language they continually use regarding it being on their ‘radar’ and they’re ‘aware’ of it.. I don’t have much confidence in them working on this at all. I very much hope to be proved wrong about that though.

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

This feature patch is out.How about….

Attachments:

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Its nice to think things like that but in all honestly its probably not happening. If they said something like “ye its coming this patch” thats all theyd need to say. That wouldn’t ruin the economy because no one would know what was needed in the crafting. If they released a blog post with it, ye.

It wouldn’t ruin the economy, but would create a huge price shock on several crafting mats. Of course it will be based on speculation, as you stated, no one will know what mats will be used. But I haven’t had a chance to watch that video you linked where it was hinted at it wasn’t coming, and was typing that response when you posted it. Either way, if/when such an announcement is ever made, you can rest assured that some mats will will greatly jump in price, if only because TP flippers will be wanting to cash in on it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

5:30 i like how they had to laugh right after they heard the question about precurser crafting.

It gives me a lot of hope.

Attachments:

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The thing I found hilarious was “we won’t let you zoom out to far because you don’t get to see all the awesome art our people made.” the art then is nowhere listed in why we can’t have a first person mode. most people don’t want a first person mode for combat. They want a first person mode for screenshots and vistas and looking at said artwork of the world. Why don’t you guys get this, ArenaNet?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

People seems to be under the impression that they will announce big things in a random interviews.
It is extremely unlikely that they will do that.

If/when they have something big to announce they will announce it on their own first, not via a random website on the internet.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

5:30 i like how they had to laugh right after they heard the question about precurser crafting.

lmao “soon”

like WvW achievement fix “soon” (8 months and counting)?

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

It is disappointing that precursor crafting won’t be included in this feature patch.

I still don’t see where people are jumping to this conclusion.

It may happen it may not. They may not due to what they are going to reveal in week 3. They may as they said they would have more information on it soon. But did not specify soon elsewhere in any of the other items.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

lmao “soon”

like WvW achievement fix “soon” (8 months and counting)?

or like “we are working on a fix for conditions in PvE”

…. 22 months and counting

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It is disappointing that precursor crafting won’t be included in this feature patch.

I still don’t see where people are jumping to this conclusion.

It may happen it may not. They may not due to what they are going to reveal in week 3. They may as they said they would have more information on it soon. But did not specify soon elsewhere in any of the other items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gjo8MklCiLI#t=331

lol pretty much anyone who follows game development knows that was all doublespeak for “we’ve got nothing”. They didn’t even try to pretend they had some ideas they were playing around with. That’s how “nothing” they have…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

People seems to be under the impression that they will announce big things in a random interviews.
It is extremely unlikely that they will do that.

If/when they have something big to announce they will announce it on their own first, not via a random website on the internet.

why on earth are they doing an interview than ? literally , the only thing the community learned from this interview was that anet has some skill in dodging questions and their incompetence when it comes to knowing what the community wants

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

why on earth are they doing an interview than ? literally , the only thing the community learned from this interview was that anet has some skill in dodging questions and their incompetence when it comes to knowing what the community wants

Because if they don’t people whine about them never talking to the community?

And they did tell us stuff that have (more or less) been announced already.
It is fully possible (and even likely) that they would have told us much more if the interview was done a day or two before the Feature Patch when all the blogs were revealed.

Had they announced something new in said interview, there would be a massive kittenstorm on these forums about how they don’t use their own site to announce and reveal things and so on.
But then again, the same thing seems to happen no matter what they do.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Because if they don’t people whine about them never talking to the community?

And they did tell us stuff that have (more or less) been announced already.
It is fully possible (and even likely) that they would have told us much more if the interview was done a day or two before the Feature Patch when all the blogs were revealed.

Had they announced something new in said interview, there would be a massive kittenstorm on these forums about how they don’t use their own site to announce and reveal things and so on.
But then again, the same thing seems to happen no matter what they do.

if you say so,

I’m not entirely sure why they (ANet or other devs for that matter) agree to do these interviews, they can never talk about anything and all it does is make people fear the worst.
I’ve not seen an interview like this that has actually had anything really positive come out of it.

There is literally nothing positive to come out of this interview, only negative, there was no logical reason to do it. You said they never talk to the community… well this isn’t how you talk to them either.. by saying nothing in random interviews… theres hardly been any interactions on the forums, which is where ppl want anet to communicate, not through random magazines

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

or like “we are working on a fix for conditions in PvE”

…. 22 months and counting

or like “we are working on the Cathedral of Cologne”

over 630 years and counting

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Precursor crafting is as eluding as big foot nowadays. Its something you think you may see but never do.

I’m sorry, what?