No update today???

No update today???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Usually every two weeks on tuesday comes an update with some fixes or at least some new gemstore stuff. The last time this didn’t happen was in august 2014 (because dragonsreach part 2 was so much we got 3 weeks to play it) and before that it was something january 2014? (because of winter break)

Actually these update cycle date ist today, but usually the update has been long introduced at this time. We got like usually new (well, old new…) gemstore skins, so will there be no update today at all? Does anyone have any information if or why there is no update today? (and no “HoT” is no reason for this and has nothing todo with it!)

Am I really the only one who is curious about this?

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

No update today???

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I heard that there was no update, yet, today, because HoT was being released later this evening.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

No update today???

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

gem store was updated, have fun with it

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

No update today???

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

-

-

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

No update today???

Wanze.8410

-

-

And dont buy the skins and minis all at once, so you have something to do at the weekend.

No update today???

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

-

-

And dont buy the skins and minis all at once, so you have something to do at the weekend.

Yep.

No update today???

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

What if I already own all these old skins?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

No update today???

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

What if I already own all these old skins?

Dye kit lottery was added. Have fun kittening away gems to get common dyes.

No update today???

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Updated? More like olddated.

No update today???

Malediktus.9250

They are old dyes available on the trading post, so I would be stupid to get them gambling gems^^

No update today???

Excludee.3850

At this point, Bellinda’s Greatsword and Rox’s Quiver might as well just stay in the store permanently.

No update today???

Wanze.8410

At this point, Bellinda’s Greatsword and Rox’s Quiver might as well just stay in the store permanently.

they need content for july…

No update today???

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

I’m really irritated that there is absolutely nothing new today. It’s not like we had much content the last few weeks either.

No update today???

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Who needs content when you got a gemstore?

/s

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

No update today???

Malediktus.9250

Do I hear some sarcasm and disappointment about Anets update strategy?

No update today???

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m really disappointed. We haven’t really had an update for months now, and just when I think today they’ll at least reveal the juicy bits of the necro spec, all we get is a few things added back to the gemstore and a reminder about the dragon hunter ready up… Like, really?

This has me extremely worried about the future of gw2. I can see why some have left and moved onto other games :-/

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

No update today???

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I’m really disappointed. We haven’t really had an update for months now, and just when I think today they’ll at least reveal the juicy bits of the necro spec, all we get is a few things added back to the gemstore and a reminder about the dragon hunter ready up… Like, really?

This has me extremely worried about the future of gw2. I can see why some have left and moved onto other games :-/

Reveal will be Thursday, with a Ready Up coverage on Friday. Exactly like the last 2 weeks.

No update today???

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

So . . . how are we loving the expansion so far?

Gone to Reddit.

No update today???

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

People still don’t realize that ArenaNet abandoned working on the core game to create the expansion. You didn’t really think we’d still be getting updates, did you?

The only updates we get in the coming months will be because of HoT, because MMOs can’t include content in expansions without also backporting them to the core game otherwise you get client synchronization issues (essentially missing data) in areas where the two content sets overlap. Its a simple as that.

(The only alternative would be to run separate servers for HoT.)

If they could I’m sure they would save absolutely everything for the expansion and then say that its because we asked for an expansion for so long that they had to completely change their development model to deliver it to us.

Companies always prioritize making money and conserving money.

Anyway, all of this should come as no suprise seeing as how the frequency and duration of “breaks” in the last years have gone up exponentially.

I wouldn’t be shocked if there is no living world season 3. :P

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

No update today???

Excludee.3850

People still don’t realize that ArenaNet abandoned working on the core game to create the expansion. You didn’t really think we’d still be getting updates, did you?

The only updates we get in the coming months will be because of HoT, because MMOs can’t include content in expansions without also backporting them to the core game otherwise you get client synchronization issues (essentially missing data) in areas where the two content sets overlap. Its a simple as that.

If they could I’m sure they would save absolutely everything for the expansion and then say that its beacuse we asked for an expansion for so long that they had to completely change their development model to deliver it to us.

Anyway, all of this should come as no suprise seeing as how the frequency and duration of “breaks” in the last years have gone up exponentially.

I wanted to respond, but I had to wait for you to finish editing first. haha…

No update today???

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

If they could I’m sure they would save absolutely everything for the expansion and then say that its because we asked for an expansion for so long that they had to completely change their development model to deliver it to us.

I wouldn’t be shocked if there is no living world season 3. :P

Been there, done that. I’ve been with the game for 8-9 years now and somehow the screenplay is way too familiar. “We have to allocate resources as we are developing GW2, so no updates are coming.” then “They are busy making HoT, what do you expect?”

Well, not this. Even though the information is slowly coming, and the specialization system is revealed, with some elite specs, I somehow feel that the HoT announcement was early. (Not that a proper expansion would be any way early for an almost 3 year old game but somehow still feels that this is doing the same mistake as it was with the GW2 announcement.)

On the other hand, not only the game but the team also grew so why they have to put everything else on hold because of the expansion is beyond me.

No update today???

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Man, went from half a patch to no patch. lol.

No update today???

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

would have atleast liked to see some form of polish.

Guess that Legacy exploit is still going to be in the game for a good 2 weeks to come.

No update today???

Wanze.8410

Do I hear some sarcasm and disappointment about Anets update strategy?

Of course. I never wanted an expansion. I was fine with easy peasy 2 week living story updates, 1 or 2 days to play it and back to wvw. But pve veterans were crying for moar content and an expansion. Now they got it.

Not only did Anet stop giving us some content every couple of weeks, they even make us pay for it. Cant blame them, though, the community asked for it.

No update today???

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

was a bit disappointed given May is Jenna’s Jubilee, I hope it won’t pass by uncelebrated.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

No update today???

Wanze.8410

was a bit disappointed given May is Jenna’s Jubilee, I hope it won’t pass by uncelebrated.

Jennas 10 year jubilee was in august 2013, considering that she didnt celebrate the 11th year jubilee, i doubt she will celebrate her 12th year, either.
Ask again in 3 or 8 years.

No update today???

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

lol There hasn’t been any updates since January.

They’ll have everyone re-gearing for the new trait system to stretch time over the next months until HoT.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

No update today???

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

This is depressing. I wish I didn’t read that. I came back to the game about three months ago and it has been monotonously stale.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

No update today???

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

This is what happens when you people beg for expansions cause you think the gemstore isn’t giving them enough cash to operate, we get a small expansion and conclusion to a story that was free (like getting a book for free but the last chapter is a paid DLC…) and that all comes at the expense of the core game and any content updates that we would have had. But hey, new class and some game mechanics that are new! yay.

You want bi-monthly updates? stop begging for expansions…

No update today???

Posted by: inocencio.1734

inocencio.1734

I hope they will patch Core Specializations in few days cause player want something new and need to prepare new gear.

No update today???

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

The ironic part is that those screaming for the expansion have gone silent for the most part. I guess they’ll be around for the month or two, if that, to complete the ‘expansion’.

That said, hopefully some form of Dragon Bash will be back in June.

Gone to Reddit.

No update today???

Posted by: Emmalouise.1763

Emmalouise.1763

This is depressing. I wish I didn’t read that. I came back to the game about three months ago and it has been monotonously stale.

This….

www.girlgamerchronicles.com

No update today???

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Time to do something else… I hear the weather is improving outside.. I may even venture out to that scary place.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

No update today???

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I hope they will patch Core Specializations in few days cause player want something new and need to prepare new gear.

I wouldn’t plan on it any time soon (in the next month or two). Remember the four hour livestream, (which many of us are greatful for Anet)? They still said they needed to do a lot of artwork, for the trait pictures and for skill learning, and still come up with ~4-6 engi traits, test a lot of numbers, etc. They also said after they worked on it and got it into a more solid place that they’d show us it again. So I figure that won’t be for another month or two, could also be inbetween the 2nd and 3rd groups of elite spec (assuming 3 per group if Tentonhammer was correct) showings to help fill the gap. So I doubt it is coming anytime soon.

You can look at that_shaman’s (and Dufly’s?) trait spec if you wish to plan your build now with what we know about the traits. But remember that the numbers and even the traits themselves are subject to change.

No update today???

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Players in 2014: We don’t like these fortnightly updates, give us an expansion!

Players in 2015: We don’t want to wait for the expansion, give us fortnightly updates!

No update today???

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Players in 2015: We don’t want to wait for the expansion, give us fortnightly updates!

Or maybe just reactivate old contetn at least. You know, something like a Mega Excitement Cube. I wish we had something like that…

No update today???

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Time to do something else… I hear the weather is improving outside.. I may even venture out to that scary place.

Oh, you mean this old MMO?
It’s got daily updates

Attachments:

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

No update today???

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Let me fix that for you;

Players in 2013: We don’t like these fortnightly updates, give us an expansion!
Players in 2015: We don’t like these fortnightly updates; give us an expansion! Yay, it’s coming… oh, you don’t know when, AND you’re leaving the core, live game stale until it launches… Talk to us, Anet!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

No update today???

Bubi.7942

Oh, you mean this old MMO?
It’s got daily updates

This made me lol. Especially the PvP part:D

I would argue with no monthly fee, as it has probably the highest subscription fee.

No update today???

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

You are completely oversimplifying, as is Ardenwolf.

Players didn’t like the LS because of the horrendously long breaks after only a few episodes while the episodes themselves were incredibly lackluster in terms of actual content. Either they make short episodes like they did while sticking to a non stop 2 week schedule for at least half a year or make the individual episodes much longer and content rich; what we got was a pretty bad joke.

As for now, you’re acting as if content updates while an add-on is being developed are completely unreasonable. Why do you think that, if I may ask?
I know another AAA MMO that has released multiple rather big content patches while developing an expansion that launches next month.

No update today???

Bubi.7942

You are completely oversimplifying, as is Ardenwolf.

Players didn’t like the LS because of the horrendously long breaks after only a few episodes while the episodes themselves were incredibly lackluster in terms of actual content. Either they make short episodes like they did while sticking to a non stop 2 week schedule for at least half a year or make the individual episodes much longer and content rich; what we got was a pretty bad joke.

Also this, if you care to look up this page: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

You’ll see that LS2 ran from July 1st to Jan 13th with a total of 8 episodes. Now I am no mathmagician, but that seems closer to monthly than “fortnighly”.

Edit: I did the math. That’s an LS update every 24.5 days.

(edited by Bubi.7942)

No update today???

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

come on man, just give us something to do, like sab…

i farmed until i made a legendary …

No update today???

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I heard all non HoT staff are swamped redesigning the garlic icon because new players were confused and thought it was a turnip.

No update today???

Bomber.3872

Could you all please stop to write here about the update amount or value? There are really enough threads already where you can discuss that.
Some weeks after gw2 release anet introduced a byweekly updatecycle for alot of good reasons (not major cotent! Just updates like fixes, gemstore, skill changes,…). Some reasons have been:
- update size. People which use gw2 during travelling or with limited monthly data could plan that updates that are more then a high priority emergency fix will only be introduced every 2 weeks on tuesday.
- Events will usually be in gw2 during this 2 week cycle or 4 weeks, if not otherwise stated.
- Gemshop Items or BL Skins will only be introduced or change on these update dates
- you can take these dates to try to get bugged events/merchants after update
- you were safe not to miss any ingame event or thing if it wasn’t introduced on these tuesdays
- these dates were fixed for updates. If update was delayed or there was no update at all then anet wrote it on twitter/facebook, on their website, during PoI, or at least a dev or gaile wrote it on this forum!

These last point is why I’m concerned right now. Why has there been no information at all about this tuesday? And does that mean that these sure byweekly updatecycle is no more and so that we silently actually went back to the same problems that existed over 2 years ago after gw2 release?
Or has there been any information and I just didn’t find it?

No update today???

Bubi.7942

These last point is why I’m concerned right now. Why has there been no information at all about this tuesday? And does that mean that these sure byweekly updatecycle is no more and so that we silently actually went back to the same problems that existed over 2 years ago after gw2 release?

Except of course, when it was sometimes 4 weeks without any prior announcements or any additional information whithin the update weeks despite asking directly on the forums.

If that’s all your worried about, think of it like this:

GW2 has biweekly updates, regularly, sometimes.

No update today???

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Could you all please stop to write here about the update amount or value? There are really enough threads already where you can discuss that.
Some weeks after gw2 release anet introduced a byweekly updatecycle for alot of good reasons (not major cotent! Just updates like fixes, gemstore, skill changes,…). Some reasons have been:
- update size. People which use gw2 during travelling or with limited monthly data could plan that updates that are more then a high priority emergency fix will only be introduced every 2 weeks on tuesday.
- Events will usually be in gw2 during this 2 week cycle or 4 weeks, if not otherwise stated.
- Gemshop Items or BL Skins will only be introduced or change on these update dates
- you can take these dates to try to get bugged events/merchants after update
- you were safe not to miss any ingame event or thing if it wasn’t introduced on these tuesdays
- these dates were fixed for updates. If update was delayed or there was no update at all then anet wrote it on twitter/facebook, on their website, during PoI, or at least a dev or gaile wrote it on this forum!

First: you are angry at us players for not doing research for information.
Second: you are asking us players questions to why there is no information.
Third: you are concern like us players.

I do not understand? It make no sense at all.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

No update today???

Bomber.3872

Except of course, when it was sometimes 4 weeks without any prior announcements or any additional information whithin the update weeks despite asking directly on the forums.

It never happened that there was no announcement or information. Sometimes it was because breaks, or because oft special events, or for feature patches. There has been given a reason every time for more then 2 years, at least on any information channel used by anet. Thats why I ask for it

Edit: @above: the Problem is that every time something about updates is said, there are enough people that go about why it is too less content or why they don’t like it. There are hundrets oft threads about this. I want to discuss (or at least know) about the update timecycle itself and not what is included. Thats why I wrote the things I remember why anet created a fix biweekly updatecycle 2 years ago in the first place and gave us everytime information about it.

(edited by Bomber.3872)

No update today???

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Blame the CDIs :P
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/cdi

They did them too late (afterwards they took , their christmass break) and now they must rush to implant them before the summer (they must take vacations)
+ need 1 month to create hype in the medias + oil the hamster , before the release :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

No update today???

Bubi.7942

It never happened that there was no announcement or information. Sometimes it was because breaks, or because oft special events, or for feature patches. There has been given a reason every time for more then 2 years, at least on any information channel used by anet. Thats why I ask for it

Actually there were quite a few times when there was no info on the next update, only on the day of the release with the patch it self, which wasn’t always a 2 weeks period. This was especially true in LS season 1. I would link in the forums archives with lots of threads like “When is this gonna end?” “When does next LS start?” and such, but alas, no archives for some reason.

No update today???

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

The people comparing those complaining about expansion vs. living story releases are missing the point completely.

LS releases and other events were neat little pockets of content that fit into pretty nice two week periods of release.

An expansion is great! But the current content in game has been there for months. People are tired of it. And given we’re being drip fed SO kitten slow on the expansion and we didn’t even get a bug fix patch today, it’s getting a little frustrating, especially when they have stuff they could put out.

I run a small guild and despite weekly events it’s been tough to get people to log in lately.