No wonder everyone is going full zerkers...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

With an increasing amount of mobs being immune to….well everything why would you not go all out dps? Take the queens gauntlet for example. Mobs immune to immobilize, hits though aegis, not affected by stability, etc, etc…not to mention all the one shot kills.

I like my build but seriously considering just saying screw it and investing in some zerker armor and joining the masses of zerkers…or maybe you guys can come up with some proper mob mechanics…

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

It’s not just the Queen’s gauntlet, this is true for all PvE.

And it’s not just the “masses”… this is a fundamental design flaw in GW2 that many people have identified and adjusted to.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

People purposely choose to use bad gear, that’s why they don’t go full dps.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

I’ve mentioned it before, it comes down to multiplication based power increases being more effective than the division based defensive stats, the ability to “actively” avoid attacks making defense superfluous, major enemy’s near complete immunity to crowd control, and the high cost to experimenting preventing people from finding possibly more effective individual builds or more cohesive group builds.

Once the MF change takes over I will probably end up retiring my explorer’s armor permanently in favor of zerker’s. With the state of the game as it is, I have no reason to go with anything else.

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun