Node Teleport Hackers

Node Teleport Hackers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

We’ve all seen them, they appear next to a node, mine/chop/gather it, then disappear into thin air. Often doing it so quickly you can’t click on them and report.

What is being done about these people? Without being reported are they being caught?
It seems to be happening more and more recently…..

Please can we get an update on this issue as it’s highly annoying and undoubtedly affecting market prices.

IGN: Dal Brinium

Node Teleport Hackers

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

easy fix:
1) place unreachable node under textures
2) log all ze gatherers
3) banhammerzeit

kill all ze thingz

Node Teleport Hackers

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I have a sinking feeling that Anet doesn’t have a handle on this issue, as more and more I see people from known guilds, apparently normal players popping in and out at nodes, including people I see talking every day in LA.

They must feel pretty safe using whatever hack it is.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Node Teleport Hackers

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

easy fix:
1) place unreachable node under textures
2) log all ze gatherers
3) banhammerzeit

A-Net, you reading this? I’m mad I didn’t think of it.

Node Teleport Hackers

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

They are being reported and caught on a daily basis. ANet usually likes to ban in waves, not just individuals. They did this a while back to the teleporting bots and it got much better. It just recently started becoming an issue again. Expect a wave of bot bans in the future.

In the meantime, do your best to report them. I usually click on them, then right click them and hit report. At this point, the report screen will stay there even if they disappear. So if they teleport away, I continue with the report. If they walk away and appear to be a human I just close the window.

Node Teleport Hackers

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

All the ones I’ve reported on my server seem to have disappeared, finally. I wasn’t sure anything was being done but I haven’t even seen a new resource hacker for a weeks let alone the old ones. Which on one hand is a little disappointing since I always got a little bit of joy ratting on them.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Node Teleport Hackers

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Bot bans happen in waves. Gives developers time to gather data regarding how the bots are operating etc. in order to better counter bot activity in the future.

Node Teleport Hackers

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I generally friend them and report them. All the ones on my friend list have been banned just recently actually.

Node Teleport Hackers

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Hello,

While we can understand your concerns about such issues, it would be best to report & discuss that matter with our customer support team, as such thread often lead to character assassination and/or spreading of a specific hack/exploit.

And so, we proceed to close this thread.
Thank you for your understanding.