Non-Flashy Character Screenshots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Nothing like seeing a blank square thanks to the forum bug and realizing you can’t get plainer than a blank white box.

Fixing!

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Coming back with a new one.

Attachments:

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: KiltTheGod.2075

KiltTheGod.2075

My Norn Ranger Kilt the God

I initially wanted all of the cool flashy and fiery things, but was poor and eventually the earthy colors kind of grew on me, Now I can afford some flashy things, but hate how they look with my more realistic colors

Attachments:

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

How did you made her bald?

She’s a norn, that’s a base hair option for female norn.

Attachments:

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

As thief, assassin and hopefully will-be sharpshooter, anonymity and being stealthed is a must. No bling bling, no titles, no minis, no mates, no mickey mouse BS.

During combat, it’s the Sneakthief outfit, as it can hide my weapons and leaves enough freedom of movement for any combat and stealing, yet providing defense.

Out of combat and/or in situations when I know what to expect, the Noble set (a.k.a. “The Hitman”) is being worn, because thieves are not necessarily unshaved, bad-smelling thugs from the gossip, but can also be charmin gentlemen.

When I am really in the mood, I am turning into a ghost – quite literally – and blend perfectly with the shadows.

EDIT: Weapons are darksteal pistols and the whisperer’s daggers (because they curl together and can be hidden [clipping into clothes] with both armor sets of my choice). I honestly like it when I am basically just wearing Sneakthief/Noble stuff and when drawing weapons, my Asura suddenly pulls out two guns or blades from his coat. From full unsuspicious to armed.

I think there is also a Winchester-like rifle out there (I had it on my engineer) which would be the next weapon with PoF because it has a dark wood/steel mix. I used the regular pistols before but they were pretty shiny when in certain light settings (duh) so I went darksteel. I love their sound, it’s this cold steel when drawing blades and the dirty sound of gunpowder at the darksteel firearms.

Colours are Shadow Abyss (black) and grey. Sneakthief is supposed to be fully pitch black (yet you can still see the textures on it, luckily this happens to the leather armors) and the Noble set has the white Jabot thingy anyways for contrast.

Also, I really like the Charr in here. We need a bit more cats!

Attachments:

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Vindex Silvereye, Profession thief – soon to be a dedicated deadeye/gunslinger.

I went with a wild west look for her.

Attachments:

Posted by: jia li ng.8415

jia li ng.8415

Playing plain looking characters is actually more unique now …

Attachments:

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

None flashy bam

Attachments:

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Excelsior.

As thief, assassin and hopefully will-be sharpshooter, anonymity and being stealthed is a must. No bling bling, no titles, no minis, no mates, no mickey mouse BS.

During combat, it’s the Sneakthief outfit, as it can hide my weapons and leaves enough freedom of movement for any combat and stealing, yet providing defense.

Out of combat and/or in situations when I know what to expect, the Noble set (a.k.a. “The Hitman”) is being worn, because thieves are not necessarily unshaved, bad-smelling thugs from the gossip, but can also be charmin gentlemen.

When I am really in the mood, I am turning into a ghost – quite literally – and blend perfectly with the shadows.

That’s a cool secret agent/spy theme you’ve got going there. But the question is, in a world full of walking humanoid fission reactions, isn’t it the ones without the particle effects that stand out?

In all seriousness though, nice work.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Nice thread, most of my chars are non flashy, but I use a lot of legendary weapons, though not all.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

My ranger, Aweryl.

Attachments:

m e s m e r <3

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t believe I forgot Scrappy Jones, my human Scrapper! Very basic garments and I managed to give her a pugnacious jaw and avoid the barbie doll look endemic to human females.

Attachments:

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

My Soulbeast to be…..

Attachments:

Kima & Co