Non MF gear with MF runes, what happens?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Discomoose.4913

Discomoose.4913

Q:

I currently have two sets of exotic Knight’s armor soulbound to one character. One set with Mesmer Runes for damage and the other set with Traveler’s runes for MF. After this update what happens to my set with Traveler’s runes?

My character does not need two sets of exotic knight’s gear anymore as you guys intended, does the set with Traveler’s become account bound so I can at least give the set to an alt to get some value out of it?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Each rune set gets updated. Travelers runes grant all stats, condition damage, boon duration and movement speed.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Nothing will happen, except that your runes now do something different. Since you don’t need the second set, salvage it for Dark Matter (after tuesday, ofc.)

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You can salvage your second set. Some of the crafting materials for ascended crafting are account bound and only come from salvaging exotics. I don’t think they could have come up with a more grind happy and tedious progressions system if Cristen Cox herself was involved.

Discomoose.4913

Each rune set gets updated. Travelers runes grant all stats, condition damage, boon duration and movement speed.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

I saw that, but that doesn’t fix the problem of having two sets of the same gear soulbound to the same character. While the new implementation of Traveler’s runes is interesting I don’t need two sets of the same armor on one character anymore and would prefer to keep my current rune configuration.

Discomoose.4913

Nothing will happen, except that your runes now do something different. Since you don’t need the second set, salvage it for Dark Matter (after tuesday, ofc.)

Those people who made a second set of gear with the MF stat and likely MF runes gets an account bound set of gear with their choice of stats on it. Why would it be unreasonable to ask for just account bound when a second set is made for MF runes?

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Those people who made a second set of gear with the MF stat and likely MF runes gets an account bound set of gear with their choice of stats on it. Why would it be unreasonable to ask for just account bound when a second set is made for MF runes?

I never said it was unreasonable. In fact I’m having the same “problem”.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Will we have an option to automatically remove these runes from our equipment without destroying the equipment itself?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Discomoose.4913

Will we have an option to automatically remove these runes from our equipment without destroying the equipment itself?

This helps for people who have one set of gear and opted to put MF runes in them, however this doesn’t address people who made a second set of gear for MF runes.