Non-salvagable items

Non-salvagable items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

And here we are again with one of my old favourites.

The new items you get when levelling up are not salvageable (and can’t be sold to a vendor, for that matter). They behave just like equipment bought with karma (or badges of honor).

And still there is no warning label about that.

So much for helping new players understand the game better. Unless of course. since we start getting unsavalgeabe items so early now, it is supposed to teach people about some stuff being not salvageable. Then I guess it has to be considered a good idea….

So a little warning as a side note: Don’t even think about putting an expensive rune or sigil into one of those once you hit 60+, despite how alluring it might be to put something nice into the exotic pistol your engineer just got for hitting 63.
Unless this is a new funny gold sink. “How to obliterate gold by having people put expensive upgrades into even more items that can only be destroyed.”
Or it is a promotional feature for the upgrade extractor.

Either way I still think karma items, the new level up rewards and items bought with badges of honor should get a warning label about being unsalvagable. And may another that badge of honor items can’t even be used in the mystic forge.

An afterthought: I might be a little hard with my choice of words right now, but all the trouble and uproar in the community the new feature patch has created alongside some of the reactions we’ve seen from Arenanet staff (or not seen in some cases) has probably made me a little cranky…

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Non-salvagable items

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I had a good laugh when I got a soulbound gem upgrade today as a reward from a level up. Really, soulbound? So I can’t even add it to my bank collection? So silly…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Non-salvagable items

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I had a good laugh when I got a soulbound gem upgrade today as a reward from a level up. Really, soulbound? So I can’t even add it to my bank collection? So silly…..

I thought that was insane. I kept trying the “Deposit Collectibles” with no results onl to find a Peridot soulbound.
Why?

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Non-salvagable items

Posted by: GammaBreaker.9102

GammaBreaker.9102

Hm, guess they didn’t want us pulling those Superior Sigils of Force and the likes out of some of those lovely exotic story weapons. Bummer.

Non-salvagable items

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Most of the personal story stuff is still salvageable. Although I’m only at chapter 5 currently so I don’t know about the higher chapters. I was referring to the rewards you get for level ups.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Non-salvagable items

Posted by: Ixillius.5768

Ixillius.5768

first thing i did when the patch came through was use my tomes to get a lvl 80 and see what the rewards are. Its all stuff like that. The only plus is that you can put the gear into the forge. There is 1 soulbound exotic weapon and 3 armor pieces. Just have to keep the level of those in mind though.

It is amazingly stupidly annoying to sift through these items if you are doing it in one go though.