Noob Question re: Crits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hotelifve.5324

Hotelifve.5324

Ok so I’m looking at my level 30 Ranger and going over the combat logs…I don’t think he ever crits….I never see the red text showing a crit during combat, and I never see a crit in the combat chat box. Am I missing something? My char has 44% crit at the moment. Damage is always about the same with no evidence of any crits.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

You may be confusing yourself between critical chance and critical damage. Even if you didn’t add any precision, there is no way you’ve never crit.
I’m not sure if you can distinguish critical hit from normal in combat log but it should be very clear if you crit during combat.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Watch the numbers above the enemy’s head. I think it’s white damage for a normal hit and red for a critical.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Namnamex.5426

Namnamex.5426

Actually, when you crit the text appears larger than normal (uncritted) attacks. I am pretty sure it stays white but I cant verify because I am not at my computer

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If the number over the target has a little red splat behind it, it’s a crit.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

If the number over the target has a little red splat behind it, it’s a crit.

You are correct, it took me a few goes but here’s a pic.

Attachments:

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Hotelifve.5324

Hmm ok I’ll have to look for that splat..I was looking for red text. Still nothing in the combat log but that may be the norm. Thanks guys!

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

Crits don’t show up in the damage log. So you’re just going to need to look at the actual splat for damage. It’s annoying.

Posted by: Um Abbas.5693

Um Abbas.5693

You definitely do crit, my necromancer has 4% crit chance and still crits on occasion.

Midget Gadget * Branch of Wood
Aurora Glade ~ Army of Forgotten Souls miniguild [AoFS]
http://umabbas.net/

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

In other games the text colour is different, makes it more clear than this.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Crits don’t show up in the damage log. So you’re just going to need to look at the actual splat for damage. It’s annoying.

Also true, just remembering the 19k damage out of 25k health on my 3.6k armor character.

Would be good if console sums damage+crit of X skill/atack, but people would rage due high damage taken lol.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

You may be confusing yourself between critical chance and critical damage. Even if you didn’t add any precision, there is no way you’ve never crit.
I’m not sure if you can distinguish critical hit from normal in combat log but it should be very clear if you crit during combat.

This^. There is no possible way you’ve never critically hit an enemy. My condition Elementalist basically has 1% critical hit chance, and I see crits every once in awhile.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Hotelifve.5324

Yup you guys were right I do crit Just needed to look a bit closer at the combat text and look for that “splat”. I feel dumb now lol

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Crits do show up in the combat log, they just don’t look different than normal hits except for the higher damage number.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”