Norn/Charr and Wintersday JP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Anet, I would like to make a suggestion. Please force players using their norn or charr toons to shrink down to human size, or make them semi-transparent. Doing the JP with these two races close by is very distracting, because they’re so HUGE. If they happen to be right on you, you can’t see the snowflake pads or the candycane bars. Worst part is when we’re all waiting for the 2nd part of the JP. When the present ladder appears, norn/charr players block the view of the edge of the platform.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Wish they had just made it like Mad King’s Clock Tower where everyone else is just a wisp-thing.

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

The same thread every year.

The same answer of me as every year:

- Use routes with less people. Also gives you a timing advantage in which you don’t have to wait for snowflakes to regenerate.
- Use a big character yourself. You don’t need to have any level so you can just create one.
- Wait a second or two to let them overtake you. Snowflakes don’t dessolve as quickly as you might think.
- Norns/Charrs have it harder themselves not seeing much, so there’s no reason to play the victim.
- Focus on the JP and not the others. After trying the JP 50 times you can do it with your subconsciousness.

(edited by Ray Koopa.2354)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You don’t need to see the platform you’re already on. In fact you’ll be wasting valuable time if you keep stopping to check where you are – your character is always in the middle of the screen, that’s all you need to know.

And if they’re on the platform you’re aiming for you don’t need to see the platform – just aim for them and it’ll have the same effect.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Whatever pain you may have pales to the players actually trying to do a JP with their norn or charr.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Don’t forget wings and trenchcoats. And while you don’t need to see the platform you are on, it’s nice to see the platform, especially the tiny ones, you are jumping to. Until it’s in muscle memory.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

For once, OP makes a topic I can completely agree with.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

For once, OP makes a topic I can completely agree with.

This lol

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

The irony is that that Norm is really wishing they were human sized because jumping on that race is a nightmare. My Norn ele has been known to fall off ledges just because I’m jiggling around trying to get the camera to show me the next jump.

Posted by: Kastylx.3725

Kastylx.3725

do it naked like i do

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The first year, I definitely agreed with this stance. We all went on the same path together (like in the clocktower for the first year), and you could see everyone’s huge characters. But then they changed it, gave you the choice of three paths, and took away the timed waiting period between runs. So, while the huge charr and norn can still be a pain to see around, it’s usually easily avoided by just lagging behind a tiny kittenoosing a less active path, or simply zooming all the way out.

Vyrulisse.1246

The irony is that that Norm is really wishing they were human sized because jumping on that race is a nightmare. My Norn ele has been known to fall off ledges just because I’m jiggling around trying to get the camera to show me the next jump.

This is the truth. I had to switch to my little Human to finish the Wintersday JP after hours of frustration last night.

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

All I play is charr and I never have difficulty in a jp due to my size. It gets a little annoying to also hear people blame me for using a big character. I am not so rediculously huge that I take up the entire snowflake pad. Stop blaming us for your shortcomings.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Like they’ve always said, size matters.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

Wish they had just made it like Mad King’s Clock Tower where everyone else is just a wisp-thing.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

All I play is charr and I never have difficulty in a jp due to my size. It gets a little annoying to also hear people blame me for using a big character. I am not so rediculously huge that I take up the entire snowflake pad. Stop blaming us for your shortcomings.

But you can SEE your Charr; where and when he lands and where and when to jump. Imagine you had a big block covering your toon and you couldn’t tell either. I’m not saying I have problems with them but I do understand where OP is coming from.

(edited by Grover.8753)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Once you get good enough you no longer need to see your character, you don’t even need to see the snowflakes. I love when I can come in as the snowflakes are spawning and jump before they appear, just trusting to muscle memory that I’ll land in the right place.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

What bothers me more than the big guys and galls is the uniform palette.

Bobby.3721

+1

My thoughts exactly.

But you can SEE your Charr; where and when he lands and where and when to jump. Imagine you had a big block covering your toon and you couldn’t tell either. I’m not saying I have problems with them but I do understand where OP is coming from.

When you play long enough you no longer have to actually see your character on the jumping puzzle. Hell you don’t even need to see where you’re jumping if you can memorize where to jump and what time to jump. Also if having a bigger character next to yours is such a huge issue for all of you then I have a solution that will solve everything for all of you perfectly. Wait, simply stand there for an extra second or two and wait for the person to go before you, and then go. This is such a simple solution to something that I don’t view as a problem, and we don’t need to do anything silly like changing character sizes or basically doing the same thing as what we did to the clock tower.

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

+1

My thoughts exactly.

When you play long enough you no longer have to actually see your character on the jumping puzzle. Hell you don’t even need to see where you’re jumping if you can memorize where to jump and what time to jump. Also if having a bigger character next to yours is such a huge issue for all of you then I have a solution that will solve everything for all of you perfectly. Wait, simply stand there for an extra second or two and wait for the person to go before you, and then go. This is such a simple solution to something that I don’t view as a problem, and we don’t need to do anything silly like changing character sizes or basically doing the same thing as what we did to the clock tower.

Like I said I don’t have problems with it maybe because I have over 9k hours and I’m used to it. Please read before you reply. but there aren’t many people who have the luxury to be able to spend so much time gaming on one race of character to have the cognizance of their footing. You want people to wait in a jumping puzzle which platforms dissipate within a few seconds? LoL. And what happens when ANOTHER Charr/Norn and full size comes up right behind you?? Give up? No, wait, they should just start over, right?

Some people have characters of every race. there are achievements for this. So because you only choose to play only one is irrelevant to existing problem. The fact that, as you said, you only play Charr means you have no experience or relevant association to OP’s complaint.

(edited by Grover.8753)

Bobby.3721

Well im sure if we toss out a bunch of what ifs then we could be here all night. And I have played asura, vari, and norn. You are over reacting friend. Besides it shouldn’t take you ages to get a feel for your character.

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

why not race based instances so everyone can make up other ‘issues’ which make it ‘impossible’ for him to finish the jp?

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Make us all wisps. Wintersday is arguably the bigger holiday. Don’t see why trolling is allowed/possible. No I’m not saying just by being there on that race it’s trolling. I’m saying people are able to troll by picking max size charr/norn and sitting places with black/white wings to cover ledges.

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I feel bad for the Asura. They get lost under the charr in a skirt

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

If you can’t beat them join them lol I made the biggest Norn possible and named him JP Blocker. Best thing I did last winters day.

Endless Soul.5178

I feel bad for the Asura. They get lost under the charr in a skirt

Well, at least you’re helping us keep warm under there.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara

Vyrulisse.1246

If you can’t beat them join them lol I made the biggest Norn possible and named him JP Blocker. Best thing I did last winters day.

This year you should name him All JP DJOY (Defensive Jumper of the Year)

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

When you see them tall Charr/Norn in your Jp:

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

This what I think when I see a charr, any charr, anywhere:

Attachments:

(edited by Gryphon.2875)

Posted by: mobile storage.1294

mobile storage.1294

A norn controlled by a 4 year old

Posted by: Millenium.2034

Millenium.2034

What the hell? DON’T TOUCH MY CHARR!!!

MoarChaos.8320

Why?

Endless Soul.5178

Why?

Because he asked you not to?

| Claara

MoarChaos.8320

Well if the enjoyment is to hamper others I’m against it. So I’m not taking away his character, there’s just no need to have giant characters in a jumping puzzle when people want to do a jumping puzzle, not look at giant characters.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

A norn controlled by a 4 year old

You realize that she didn’t have a giant charr or norn blocking her way.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!