Norn or Human Ranger?

Norn or Human Ranger?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lytro.9305

Lytro.9305

I decided that I want to play a ranger, however I can’t decide on a race. I narrowed it down to two, which are norn and human. I made a character on both to see how the armor looks like. They both look pretty nice, however I can’t decide. Can someone help me?

Norn or Human Ranger?

Posted by: Rip Van Winkle.4859

Rip Van Winkle.4859

They are about the same just Norn is bigger from how I see it.

Norn or Human Ranger?

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

I like a sylvari ranger because they have a hound summon elite that is very good and synergizes well. Its kinda like having 2 pets.

Out of the choices you gave I’d probably roll a female norn. What can I say? I like tall chicks!

(edited by SHM.7628)

Norn or Human Ranger?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

It really depends on your own preference. How much does RP mean to you? Would the larger size of Norn frustrate you in jumping puzzles? What about the different animations?

Your call.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Norn or Human Ranger?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

From a RP/lore consideration, I went with a Norn Ranger. Several of the Ranger’s weapon skills have animations that just scream “Spirits of the Wild”, which I thought matched very nicely with Norn lore.

Norn or Human Ranger?

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I have a human female, sylvari female and norn male ranger (was norn female).

For me it all comes down to cosmetics. However the one drawback to Norn is the slower movement animation which makes me feel like the character is moving slower and I really do not care for the female norn “Ugh” sounds (like being knocked down).

The sylvari female has some rather ridiculously overly dramatic sounds, especially with greatsword.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Norn or Human Ranger?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I have a human female, sylvari female and norn male ranger (was norn female).

For me it all comes down to cosmetics. However the one drawback to Norn is the slower movement animation which makes me feel like the character is moving slower and I really do not care for the female norn “Ugh” sounds (like being knocked down).

The sylvari female has some rather ridiculously overly dramatic sounds, especially with greatsword.

But what about the Death by Snu Snu?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Norn or Human Ranger?

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I have, or had, all 5 races as rangers. My main has been a Sylvari for the last 2 years, who I adore still. My second fave is my lvl 80 human ranger, that I’ve had for a couple of months. She looks great in her armor, runs fairly gracefully, and I can do JP’s with her. In contrast “was” my Norn Ranger, decked in Tier3 Cultural armor – looked like Eir Stegalkin. Liked her, but her running even with Signet of Hunt looked so dorky, and she was difficult to do vistas or JP’s with, at least for me. So, I offed her…
Of course, OP, it is whatever you wish to decide.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Norn or Human Ranger?

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I’ve played a male human ranger either as my main character or (more often) as my only character in just about every fantasy-based game (MMO or otherwise) that I’ve ever played.

For whatever reason, it’s just simply been my thing.