Not bothering with this event?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solbrio.1902

Solbrio.1902

Several points I’d like to make regarding my opinion on this. For one, I think this came entirely to close to the the end of the Halloween event. I spent a lot of time playing the heck out of the Halloween event and I loved it. Granted, I got lots of loot (no exotics), a cool back piece, and didn’t spend a dime (I would have if I had the money though).

This current event though seems convoluted and I’ve been reading how the NPC’s are all buggy. I also don’t really know what rewards are available at the end of it all (so maybe it IS worth it, but idk).

The only thing that seems most interesting is this new dungeon. I’ll admit, I don’t really do dungeons (I’m not the best player honestly, I still use my keyboard + my mouse to click skills) so they are usually to difficult for me.

Is there anyone else that isn’t really doing anything with this event? Also, is there anything in particular that you can advise me that I should NOT miss out on before it’s all gone? Thanks.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I am skipping fractal dungeons too.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Solbrio.1902

I thought the fractal dungeon was going to stay after the event?

Posted by: judgement.9842

judgement.9842

Not bothered with any one time event. I’m a very casual player and have just left the starting zone on one toon and he is lvl 33. They are very vague with these events, and start at.strange Times for me so I just don’t bother. Also there’s the fact that I’ve heard a lot of this event mobs are bugged. I did try to join in on one on.Friday night as I doing the dailies and it was totally bugged.

Posted by: Budg.3064

Budg.3064

I haven’t touched this event yet, nor did I do much of the halloween event. There probably aren’t many people who share this opinion, but I think they’re bringing out new content too fast. Certainly faster than I can play it.

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

I just hope tomorrow’s very short finale works as most of the other events have had some critical flaw on one server or another. At least it’s a one time only event. Then there is the NPC outside the new fractals dungeon who spams so often he cuts himself off.

Solbrio.1902

So I take it from the lack of responses telling me I don’t want to miss “insert something amazing” then there isn’t anything that I’ll be crushed to miss out on. lol Good to know, thank you.

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Only thing to know. Is the FoTM dungeon difficulty levels do NOT reset like originally thought. So eventually if you do not keep up with the general populations level, you will be hard pressed to get into groups for it.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

I missed the events due to being asleep. I probably wont attend today’s event either even though i am awake. It just doesn’t feel like it matters to me. I have played in the new dungeon, and gone to the new area, but that’s really all that i have done. The two new jumping puzzles were fun. One more than the other, but fun no matter what

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Well I’ll tell you how the event has been for me so far.

The first day I got up to Noll in the quest chain but he was bugged for the entire phase of that event, so I was unable to complete the quest chain.

Yesterday I ventured into the new zone where I and many others were slaughtered over and over by explorable dungeon difficulty veteran and champion mobs. Even with my full Toughness/Vitality WvW build the ’Champion Kurka’ was still able to down me in 1 shot. Within two hours, the entire zone had cleared out and everyone left.

There’s 2 jumping puzzles........that’s the only good part for me anyway.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

At this point i’m not bothering anymore. the directions are extremely unclear and most of the events seem to be bugged. i follow the directions in my mail and go to the locations they specify only to find nothing there. I guess the events only happen at certain times, but there’s no way to know when so it’s just a waste of time/money to get there.

The opening event was so incredibly laggy i just left and i have been stuck in overflow since it started. then there’s the LFG spam that makes lion’s arch a nightmare.

Anyway, I do appreciate new content and i would very much like to see the new zone, but i’m not bothering with the event.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: GulfCoastToad.5486

GulfCoastToad.5486

I haven’t done much with either the Halloween or this event. I did some sampling, but with limited playtime and my highest level character being 55, it makes it a bit hard. I appreciate the events, but wish they would last longer. Hopefully they repeat or the zones are reused or the Southsun Island zone stays on.

I have gone into the zones and do get upleveled to 80, but it still is probably not quite the same has having a “real” 80, as monsters are much harder to fight especially if I encounter more than one at a time, which can happen when you log out and log in or get a Halloween door rush.

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

The difficulty of the mobs in the new zone seems to me like a way for them to showcase the need for the new gear. If you have played other mmo’s you tend to realize while playing through this game that mob mechanics are not anets strong suit. They create difficulty by adding hitpoints, damage and imobilize.

This is power creep. It will happen again. They have already started down the road.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I logged on once right after the patch. That was it.

I really expected more from it and was majorly let down. When the rumor was going around that the engi was getting like 30 fix/changes i just knew Deployable turrets was going to be fixed. And it wasnt.
I also expected the necro’s minions to be overhauled (or at least given ooc healing or maybe some AI tweaks) that didnt happen either.
Thoes where the only 2 things I cared about.

I dont care about any new content until i can have fun playing the classes I want to play.

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

I tried it yesterday.

Even with the upscaling, the crabs can kill in three hits and take at least 3 minutes of kiting to bring down. EACH.

Is this what some people consider fun? Do those same people also think smashing their fingers in a doorway is also fun?

User will be infracted for this post.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

I haven’t logged in since the Ascended announcement. I started replaying GW1 until someone mentioned they saw me “logged in” to GW2 when I was actually playing GW1.