Not click 100x to consume luck/karma/scrolls?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

As topic.
Not sure if anyone have mentioned this, but its a little tiring to
have to individually click to consume luck / karma when you
have accumulated ALOT of them. Worse if you have hundreds of them
and literally have to click hundreds of times.

Is there an option to just Right-Click on them and “Mass Consume”??
Thanks for listening.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Any character on your account with Artificing can combine them.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Luck, at least, can be combined with Artificing. So, you could turn a bunch of green qualities into rares and then into exotic to save some clicking.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

You can also temporarily re-bind your mouse scroll wheel as being “Mouse 1” and then just scroll your mouse wheel to consume them all in seconds.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Snowmoon.1758

lol what?? you have to learn artificing to combine them and then click them?
What about karma pots?

Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Snowmoon.1758

You can also temporarily re-bind your mouse scroll wheel as being “Mouse 1” and then just scroll your mouse wheel to consume them all in seconds.

Oh wow, nice tip! i didn’t know mouse wheel works.
Still being able to right-click and mass consume would have been nicer.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

You don’t have to level artificing up, as the option to convert them is available by default for artificers. Just put the essence in your bank and refine them on your alt.

I figure a right-click/mass consume would be difficult (but not impossible to code). It’s just not worth the resources.

Posted by: Aleglast.6027

Aleglast.6027

Oh wow, nice tip! i didn’t know mouse wheel works.
Still being able to right-click and mass consume would have been nicer.

Did you not know you can combine luck using artificer? it takes like 2mins to go through 5 250 stacks of luck. I know this because when i salvaged hundreds of ectos I had inventories full of luck, combining the luck made it simple.

GUARDIANS OF THE LIGHT We are DragonBrand
Join us and RISE to the challenge!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Why don’t you consume luck and karma items as you get them rather than let them build up? Both are account oriented. There are no bonuses you can activate anymore to boost their worth.

My SOP after an event
1) Salvage white/blue/green items
2) Deposit mats to collections
3) Consume luck
4) If near a vendor sell junk

The first three I can do while running to my next activity.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Do you have a gaming mouse?

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

Some people like to save up essences of luck and use it for thier monthly crafting achievement.

Snowmoon.1758

Hmmm hang on. Where in the options can you re-bind mouse scroll wheel to Mouse 1? I dun see any variable that allows that in Control Options.
Does this work on karma and scroll of knowledges?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Why don’t you consume luck and karma items as you get them rather than let them build up? Both are account oriented. There are no bonuses you can activate anymore to boost their worth.

My SOP after an event
1) Salvage white/blue/green items
2) Deposit mats to collections
3) Consume luck
4) If near a vendor sell junk

The first three I can do while running to my next activity.

I always think this when I see one of these topics. I use them up as I get them, as part of my usual inventory-clearing routine and then it’s not a problem because I only have to click a few at a time.

Occasionally I’ll save them up for the crafting achievement, but that also reduces the number of clicks. Most of the time though it’s less hassle to use them right away than to put them in the bank and craft them, and you don’t get any more luck or anything else extra for it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Some people like to save up essences of luck and use it for thier monthly crafting achievement.

Oh frak, I hadn’t thought of that – thank you!

Posted by: nolij.4327

nolij.4327

Any character on your account with Artificing can combine them.

i’m reposting this cause everyone should know. i must have clicked at least 5000 10 point luck essences before a guildie made my life 500x better with this simple information

potatoes gon’ potate

KarateKid.5648

Hmmm hang on. Where in the options can you re-bind mouse scroll wheel to Mouse 1? I dun see any variable that allows that in Control Options.

The person suggesting this assumed you had a mouse with drivers that allow reassignment (like Logitech, MS, and all the gaming mouse manufacturers like Roccat, Razer, etc.).

If your manufacturer didn’t supply this functionality:

On Windows, cnet has a link to a free app called “X-Mouse Button Control” that does it for generic mice. If on Mac, you can use a free app called USB Overdrive. If on Linux, /etc/keymap is there.

Snowmoon.1758

The person suggesting this assumed you had a mouse with drivers that allow reassignment (like Logitech, MS, and all the gaming mouse manufacturers like Roccat, Razer, etc.).

On Windows, cnet has a link to a free app called “X-Mouse Button Control” that does it for generic mice. If on Mac, you can use a free app called USB Overdrive. If on Linux, /etc/keymap is there.

Ah ok. i thought there was an ingame function to do that.
Made macro with my orochi and it works well. thanks.

KarateKid.5648

Ah ok. i thought there was an ingame function to do that.
Made macro with my orochi and it works well. thanks.

Gratuitous Warning: Be careful with macros – you could be marked as a botter by anet. Their general rule of thumb is “one-click, one command”… anything else is subject to much drama and gnashing of teeth.

Posted by: ParadoX.3124

ParadoX.3124

Autoclick. f8, over.

Kiwil / Alice Brightwood – Augury Rock – VVV

StinVec.3621

It isn’t an available option in-game. You would need to do it locally through Windows or another program for custom keymapping. If you have a Razer or Logitech gaming mouse then it should be easy to accomplish in those programs also.

Most people use http://www.autohotkey.com and run a script that binds the mouse wheel to left click.

This generic script (attached), when running, makes clicking your mouse scroll wheel in activate the scroll down as being left click only when GW2 is the active window. I didn’t add a disable key into it, so just close the program from your taskbar when you are done using it to return normal scroll wheel functionality.

So:

• Install AHK
  • Save the attached .txt file
  • Rename the file extension to be .ahk instead of .txt
  • Run the script when you want ‘mouse wheel down’ to function as left click inside GW2
  • Close the script when you are done using it

Since one click on your scroll wheel is one click of the left mouse button, there is no issue of breaking the rules set forth by ArenaNet as one key is still performing a single action, you are just changing which key is causing that action from the left mouse button to the scroll down button.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Snowmoon.1758

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Tis abit sad that we don’t have a mass consume option in-game for karma/luck/scrolls etc. And are even liable to get banned for making macros to make our lives easier.

Sigh anet, anet, anet. Why do you do this to us.

StinVec.3621

I assumed no such thing. I offered an alternate method to achieve what they desired (easier way of consuming stacks). How they went about achieving that method (if they desired to) I left up to them to either inquire further or to consult google for steps to go about accomplishing it.

Posted by: Abs.8150

Abs.8150

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

Go here & change scroll up or scroll down to “Double Click”

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Nice necro considering there arent any monthly crafting anymore to save up luck for