Not enough skills!

Not enough skills!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Why do I have to play Elementalist or Engineer to have access to more skills?
I want to play as a Greatsword guardian, but quite frankly, I’m bored of using same 5 skills since the beta, yes, since beta.

Because elementalist and engineer are designed to be the classes with a ton of skills. If every class got an increase in skill options, elementalist and engineer would have to have even more to retain that same quality. They risk hitting a ceiling, however, where that quality is not longer substantially useful.

With elementalists and engineers they hit that ceiling long ago. Why do you think elementalists for example are constantly asking for weapon skill revamps? Why engineers are almost always using their kits, instead of base weapons?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Not enough skills!

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I’m still with ArenaNet in the sense that there’s a lot more depth in this game than people give it credit. You can pick any utility you want, any trait and best of all, there’s combos that literally customize your attacks on the fly.

What I see here is mostly warriors that play their profession as a faceroll auto attacker and then complain about being bored.

How many of you play an elementalist or engineer and have the same complaint?

Actually, psychological studies have indicated that people get happier if they have less choices.

This is a game not life. Games that give much more player customization are always better well received.

The studies were about ice cream. Also, show me the statistical evidence of your ‘always’.

People think they’ll happier with more options, but often when they do they’re not happier.

Just look at the elementalist. It’s just as viable as a warrior, but people complain about having to do more for the same effort.

Sigh (ice cream isn’t a game). Ele was my first main char, and now I play Engy.

Ele has probably the least customization of all classes in the game. They have more skills and that’s nice, I loved the extra complexity, but the class isn’t rewarded for it whatsoever, it’s also a fundamentally flawed class design wise. Engy is basically the same but not nearly as messed up, so I’m enjoying Engy since it probably has some of the most diversity of the classes atm.

Your argument also makes no sense. One, you compare ice cream to customization in a game (lol). Then compare a kitten class that requires way more effort for LESS results of other classes, which has NOTHING to do with playstyle customization, that’s talking about risk vs reward.

Again this isn’t about asking to have more skills available for use at any given moment (like Ele having 20), it’s about having more customization of whatever number of skills you’re able to use.

GW1 could only use 8 at any given time, but had LOADS more customization. And again, I don’t care if there was only a certain amount of “viable” builds for top level of play. I played GW1 casually, and spent HOURS literally HOURS just making new builds constantly, no matter how “bad” they may be at top level of play, they worked just fine casually and was incredibly fun.

I don’t think anyone could sit there and say with a straight face that people like having no customization in a game versus having customization in a game. People like to be different/unique, and like to be able to play games that fit their exact playstyles.

Having less choices of ice cream is irrelevant. You don’t see these icecream-hipsters walking in and saying “what’s the least eaten ice cream, I want that one”.

(edited by Knote.2904)

Not enough skills!

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I’m still with ArenaNet in the sense that there’s a lot more depth in this game than people give it credit. You can pick any utility you want, any trait and best of all, there’s combos that literally customize your attacks on the fly.

What I see here is mostly warriors that play their profession as a faceroll auto attacker and then complain about being bored.

How many of you play an elementalist or engineer and have the same complaint?

Actually, psychological studies have indicated that people get happier if they have less choices.

This is a game not life. Games that give much more player customization are always better well received.

The studies were about ice cream. Also, show me the statistical evidence of your ‘always’.

People think they’ll happier with more options, but often when they do they’re not happier.

Just look at the elementalist. It’s just as viable as a warrior, but people complain about having to do more for the same effort.

Sigh (ice cream isn’t a game). Ele was my first main char, and now I play Engy.

Ele has probably the least customization of all classes in the game. They have more skills and that’s nice, I loved the extra complexity, but the class isn’t rewarded for it whatsoever, it’s also a fundamentally flawed class design wise. Engy is basically the same but not nearly as messed up, so I’m enjoying Engy since it probably has some of the most diversity of the classes atm.

Your argument also makes no sense. One, you compare ice cream to customization in a game (lol). Then compare a kitten class that requires way more effort for LESS results of other classes, which has NOTHING to do with playstyle customization, that’s talking about risk vs reward.

Again this isn’t about asking to have more skills available for use at any given moment (like Ele having 20), it’s about having more customization of whatever number of skills you’re able to use.

GW1 could only use 8 at any given time, but had LOADS more customization. And again, I don’t care if there was only a certain amount of “viable” builds for top level of play. I played GW1 casually, and spent HOURS literally HOURS just making new builds constantly, no matter how “bad” they may be at top level of play, they worked just fine casually and was incredibly fun.

I don’t think anyone could sit there and say with a straight face that people like having no customization in a game versus having customization in a game. People like to be different/unique, and like to be able to play games that fit their exact playstyles.

Having less choices of ice cream is irrelevant. You don’t see these icecream-hipsters walking in and saying “what’s the least eaten ice cream, I want that one”.

^this