Not so shiny anymore...

Not so shiny anymore...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Back before all the “living story” stuff got kicked off, there were some phrases that I really enjoyed hearing my characters say.

Things like:
“All Shiny!”
and
“Sweet sweet loot!”

Now days I hear it all the time, because everything under the living-story sun is a yellow name item. Kite Fortunes, voting tokens, etc.

It’s bad enough that there were the plethora of crap seals or whatever they are called which are basically the trash loaded into the yellow loot table, but now the potential excitement of hearing those quotes is about zero.

It would be nice if Arenanet would bump the requirements up a notch. Let those phrases mean something again. Make them play for exotic loot or better, not the “rare” which is now commonplace.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

No.. Your face is funny. It’s like a little raisin.

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Pff, now watch some Moderator will come in here, not knowing where that came from, and hand you an infraction for saying that to another player.

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Pff, now watch some Moderator will come in here, not knowing where that came from, and hand you an infraction for saying that to another player.

I suppose I should explain that it used to be quite the comical line until you stood in Lion’s Arch for any period of time after launch, just so that said moderator doesn’t infraction it :x

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I suppose I should explain that it used to be quite the comical line until you stood in Lion’s Arch for any period of time after launch, just so that said moderator doesn’t infraction it :x

That and “hey, you wanna play ghosts and charr again?”

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

If they played for exotic, I’d never hear them. (except when taking my gear off)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Speaking of which…….I’ve been infacted so many time with no punishments. Starting to think the mods are just dogs without teeth.

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

if the moderator knew about the game so should you…. cuz he was stating what the game says…. duh

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Speaking of which…….I’ve been infacted so many time with no punishments. Starting to think the mods are just dogs without teeth.

Google Two Pi Team. Its a German company who provides moderation bots. Last I checked, Anet used them, as well as a ton of other game forums.

I doubt a moderation for hire team knows much about the game, but banning does have to be approved by an actual Anet employee.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

thanks 4 the info… but i highly doubt it’s the case…. Anet is on here responding all the time….

Not so shiny anymore...

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I got all excited because I got a wooden chest drop earlier, but no. Just a vote token labeled in Chinese…
edit: I hear it’s Korean?

(edited by Kaos.9162)