Not sure what to do with my Eternity

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

So I spent 2 years of casual gameplay working on this among other small projects. I finally finished the dusk precursor crafting last week, twilight today, and Eternity 5 minutes later. Now that I have it, I’m at sort of a loss on what to do with it.

I could sell it for a huge sum and get another legendary. I already have spare ascended greatswords to transmute sunrise or twilight onto. Most importantly I feel a little disappointed in the differences between Eternity and the material greatswords. For such an long grinding journey finishing it, the rewards feel lackluster.

On the other hand I feel like I’d just be selling off hardwork for some gold. I wouldn’t have anything to show for it besides the unlocked skins. If the devs ever decide on working on an alternate Eternity I’d be devastated if I had sold it off.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Put it in your bank and let the matter sit For a few days. That will give you time to decide if you want the gold or the legendary. I doubt the Devs will ever change the way it looks. It’s been 4 years and only a handful of posts asking for it which isn’t exactly a large number of requests. But put it to one side and think about itvwhen it’s no longer the new thing you got.

Posted by: HelperMonkey.1056

HelperMonkey.1056

I personally would sell the Eternity now that you can unlock skins and have done so with Twilight and Sunrise, unless you like the particle effect on the pommel.

Ideally, Eternity should have a cosmetic change (other than the current transition between its two predecessors) but I don’t think it’s anything worth Anets time.

This is a bit off-topic but… My ideal (and maybe cheesy?) interpretation of Eternity

Take this image of the black hole from the film Interstellar, for example:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sSCGERPgMcs/maxresdefault.jpg

The black hole would form the guard of the hilt and would be animated (light moving), where its ring of light is specifically the guard. The blade – I had envisioned something similar to that of Astralaria’s effect, but then the axe came out – so it may need be different slightly.
But mainly the idea was that it incorporates both light and dark. The black hole could do just that.

I am no real artist but I wish it could look something like this 5 minutes of my “MS PaInT skillz” attachment below:

Attachments:

(edited by HelperMonkey.1056)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Why would you craft it if all you wanted is gold? There are more profitable legendaries to craft.

KickzNGigglez.4958

Why would you craft it if all you wanted is gold? There are more profitable legendaries to craft.

Because I still get the skins and I enjoy cosmetics

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

What if it looked like one of these?

Attachments:

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I wish the dev can create this skin as an alternative wardrobe unlock for Eternity owner.

i rather spend transmute charge for it to replace the current Eternity.

This way all Eternity owner got 2 choices to either keep the existing skin or use the new skin.

Please make it happen.

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Just keep it man. The sword is awesome. Enjoy it and start working on the next legendary!

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

That second picture is what eternity should look like.

Oh lord help me I want that.

KickzNGigglez.4958

I like the first one as purple is my favorite color, but either is huge improvement from what it is now.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Something you could do is simply sell eternity and use the money to get another legendary you may be interested in, or use it for – say – one of those perma bank access contracts or nodes for you home instance. perhaps even just sell the legendary and use the gold to create full ascended gear for your alts (if not already specced) or even make ones set for a joke character – one you just have fun with without really being made for efficiency or stuff like that.

You can also trade the gold in for gems to save for a later date.

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

I’ll admit after i got my Eternity after 2 precursor quests and crafting I was burnt out of the game for months even though it was when HoT was new. Though I immediately unlocked the skin for fear of losing it. I too would like more work to be done to distinguish it from twillight or sunrise.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Considering the work and time it takes to create these legendaries I fully expect to be disappointed at the end of that road. That’s why I never bothered. I’m the type of person that looks at input vs output and the balance is just way off.

If there actually was a legendary skin that I really liked I’d still feel the same though. I remember playing Aion and the Miragent Armour set there. Never bothered to get that either.

I have to say, on the one hand it is impressive to see what people will put themselves through to get a skin in a computer game. Don’t get me wrong, I care about cosmetics as well, but again…input vs output. Just not worth the trouble to me.

The dilemma is this though. If there was a skin I really really really wanted, I’d prefer to buy it with gold instead of going through all the nonsense it takes to make one. But if I bought it with gold…it just doesn’t feel like a legendary item anymore.

No, I’ll just be grateful that there are exotic skins that I like better. I will admit that part of the issue is that I really don’t like the crafting system much and that pretty much shuts the door on legendaries and ascended stuff, but I don’t need any of that for my playing style at least.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Because I still get the skins and I enjoy cosmetics

You’ve just answered your own question.
Sunrise and Twilight are not Eternity… Eternity is still the best skin in the game with Bifrost. Keep the skin.

Look at Incinerator, the legenday doesn’t even have an aura effect, it’s still a pretty nice one to have none the less even if it really needs to be improved.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I say sell it. You have Sunrise and Twilight (Or at least the skins) If you’re gonna lose one of them, might as well lose them both and a nice boost to the wallet to spend on your next legendary (Or Invisible Boots, or whatever you want)