Nothing Complete Nearby Events Marks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Which map was that on? It sounds like there’s a bug involved, but your description is so generic, it’s not really helpful.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Three things could be happening:

1. Compass is pointing to an event that’s not actually there. This is very rare and is typically only related to the seasonal events.

2. The event is there, but by the time you get to the location, the event is over. This is likely what is happening, especially if the zone is a low level zone and/or the zone the Daily Events is located in.

3. It’s a Stabilize the Rift event. See above link.

If you want more specific help to figure out what the issue is, you’re going to have to go into more details. What maps, what areas, when, etc.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Stabilize the Rift sounds good, but the Nearby Event Icon that is only visible in the Map disappears if you turn the compass off.
Anyway, I’m new to the game, how I would activate the Stabilize the Rift event?

Jump through an activated rift in fields of ruin. You’ll fall into a pond. Go to the bottom and find an item with question marks. Grab it. Go to the shore and circle the outside of the pond looking for the charr guy. Go through the whole dialogue with him. He’ll give you the device. Then you can activate the event by clicking on the device when near those empty markers.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

@Seera, you saying that if an event is completed fast a shadow could stay behind? If so, for how long?

I’ve never seen any event leave a shadow behind. What do you mean by shadow?

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I noticed in that screenshot that you have the compass on as well as a personal story step (or living world chapter, didn’t look at it that long), so I have to ask: what have you set your compass to point to? Unless you use it to finish map completion, I find it has questionable effectiveness.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

More than likely, they are Rift events. Grab a Stabilizer and start getting credit for those events!

Good luck.

P.S. You don’t have to jump into a Rift in Fields of Ruins, you can jump into a Rift on any map, Cities included, to initiate the ‘quest’ for a Stabilizer.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It won’t show up on the UI until one activates the Stabilizer. Once activated, it becomes the ‘Stabilize the Rift’ event.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stabilize_the_Rift

Another event can occur (I can’t remember the name of it) if the Rift is not stabilized in time.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)