Nourishment Slot Infusion for Back Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Now I’ve been browsing the Wiki and noticed that back item recipes were put under the bag category, which drove me to an idea.

The back item is a thing naturally associated with backpacks, but it never had any storage functions, which actually felt illogical when I first started playing GW2.

I suggest adding 2 infusions which would expand the bag capacity but will be able to hold only nourishments (similar to amulet utility infusions). The basic infusions (bought from laurel vendors) can hold up to, say, 4 (or only 2, maybe) items, while the fine infusion can hold up to 8 and is only crafted in Mystic Forge. And the recipe for that infusion will require… you guessed it, piles of putrid essence!

Though actual movement of nourishments to the hero equipment panel and implementing food stacking would be nice, I doubt that would ever be implemented as there are too many QoL issues that need to be fixed before it. On the other hand, coding such an infusion into the game would be easier, as it will appear as yet another bag in the inventory. The tricky thing is limiting this infusion to the back item without implementing a separate infusion slot type which would break many existing things, but I believe there should be a simple way just to hardcode that infusion to act as a, say, “Versatile Back Item Infusion”.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Never thought that an idea which was supposed to make infusion slots (which are widely considered as mostly harmless useless) more worthy wouldn’t find any backing. So be it, then.

20 level 80s and counting.