Now I see GW2 is great

Now I see GW2 is great

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TYHE.6435

TYHE.6435

Hi.
I got bored with GW2 after HoT. It lacks something I love the most – further personal story development (one-player experience). The story was rushed, I wrote about it then, but that’s not the point of this topic. I went to play SWTOR, free to play option, strictly to have role-play experience, without any interest for multiplayer. And as such it is fun. BUT!… Of course I saw how the game works in reference to GW2. And I just went back here to write, that GW2 as w whole is awesome after all. Lots of player-friendly solutions. Waypoints. Market available everywhere you are. Exchange of gold to gems. Community ! Player in GW2 just revives others without thinking he might not do this. That’s just awesome. In SWTOR? Nope. Besides, other players get in your way, block interactive objects for a short time. Really, GW2 is great. And those large events – like Tequatl. Players, keep in mind that despite some problems, it is still a great game. GW2 team, apparently it’s not you, it’s me – I just need something different right now. But GW2 is my reference example of good MMO game.

Now I see GW2 is great

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

Games like DC Universe Online, SWTOR and such are not meant to be innovative or entertaining. They go on just by their name. They need only the minimum effort to appeal to their players, and that’s enough. They don’t try to be better or innovative, they know people will play them just for the universe and the name. In case of SWTOR, just for light sabers.
They are basically copypaste of a standard MMORPG model (WoW) with different textures. And they are meant to be, since their purpose is to make money.

Now I see GW2 is great

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I was thinking about all the negativity lately, and how even I’m frustrated with some things in game (being a white knight and all). Then I started thinking about what game my guild and I would play if Guild Wars 2 wasn’t here. There’s really nothing out there for my play style anyway. Nothing at all.

Yes, there are issues with this game. In some ways the game have shifted focus to things I’m not interested in….but there’s not another game out there that I’d tolerate for 3.5 years let alone enjoy.

Now I see GW2 is great

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

I post here and there on the forums I see Vayne post all the time on here. I am a casual long time player. I play pretty much every day I may or may not do anything in the game. That depends on if I feel like it or not.

I played GW a lot also. In that game I played over 22,000 hours over like 8.5 years before GW2. Yes I did not have a so called life where I partied all the time, or had the money for it. I also figured out one major thing. Anet makes games that will be around for years like no other. So I never really worried if I did not get this or that because I knew I would get it sooner or later. I also have over 9000 hours in GW2 Shhhhh don’t tell anyone.

I played a lot fewer MMO style games than most have though. Only two actually and not sure if one was considered an mmo or not that’s Runescape. The other was Star Wars Galaxies. Although I did not play SWG much due to its sub fee. Which reminds me GW2 in my opinion is a sub fee quality game.

Anet will not do that, because they love this game just as much as we do. Of course they want to sell us stuff, but only if we want it never if we need it. They do not force us to buy stuff to increase their profits. They also use those profits to either add content or fix the game. People have to realize Anet has over 350 employees that deserve a decent paycheck just like everyone else. Sales of the game and Money paid for gem store items helps make a great game.

I pre purchased GW2 while I was playing GW so I been with Anet since 2006 about the time Factions came out,that’s how long I have played GW and GW2

Now I see GW2 is great

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I also have over 9000 hours in GW2

lol…

Now I see GW2 is great

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

HoT didn’t hit the sweet spot for me and I’m presently not doing much more than logging in for dailies, doing a bit of farming, then logging out. However the other games I’ve considered have things I dislike more, so it’s Guild Wars 2 or nothing else at this point for me.

/shrug. There’s always high spots and low spots. You just have to outwait the low spots.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Now I see GW2 is great

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I also have over 9000 hours in GW2

lol…

That’s got to be a reference to the meme, right? Because there are 8760 hours in a year, so you’re saying you’ve spent at least one third of all your time waking/sleeping since game launch playing GW2? If you weren’t afk, that’s … dedication.

I mean I’ve played fairly solidly since launch, often hours a day, and I only have a bit over 6K hours. It’s a fun game that does many things right, but is it that fun?