OCE SERVERS

OCE SERVERS

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elysionx.1695

Elysionx.1695

Day in day out I play this game. It’s a great game. It’s a fun game.
…if you don’t have to play it with consistant 400 ping!

This has probably already been addressed but since I can’t find anything in relation to a response regarding the issue OCE players have with having to play against people who get to enjoy 38 ping gameplay in WvW and SPvP.

Are OCE servers too expensive? Do you not have enough player base in the OCE to encourage releasing them? I’m 110% sure if you were to release them you would make a fair amount of money from all of us transferring to the servers.

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There’s not a large enough player base in that area to make it worth it.

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Consider how the game is set up. There’s a data center in Germany for the EU servers and a data center in Texas for the NA servers. The players on these data centers can’t play with the players on the other data center. This means OCE will need its own data center to have its own servers. On top of that, you’ll need at least 3 servers for WvW and that’s the only people WvW will ever play against. You’ll only be playing with people on the OCE servers for WvW, sPvP and for PvE.

So, ANet would need to build a data center over there and there needs to be enough players to have enough people for WvW, sPvP, and PvE as they can’t play with the EU or NA players. I doubt there’s enough players to fully populate all the maps.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OCE servers are very expensive to run and there aren’t enough players to populate them anyway is my guess.

I live in Australia and I feel your pain but I knew up front we’d never have OCE servers for this game.

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

400 seems pretty high even for those of us Down-under. I’m in NZ and my average is 200-300 and I don’t really notice it too bad unless I’m in PvP (when it’s crucial to have a good ping) or some other PvP game mode such as Dragon ball etc. You notice it then from those stupid jump pads and such. They really need to make a lot more things client side. Such as jump pads, jump mushrooms etc etc.

You might want to have a look around for a new ISP maybe, as I said 400 sounds excessive. Then again on a bad day I have hit above 1k before and yeah that is super bad. So not really sure how much different 400 is compared to my ave of 200-300.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Australia only has itself to blaim for being so far away from the rest of the world, sorry.

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I am too play with 400-600 ping average. today.. my ping was zeroo.. lol
if theres an OCE server, I will still say in EU its my home server.
I went to NA server few weeks ago and stayed there 1 week. played with amazing 200-300 ping.. it was nice.. everything works soooo great for me (coming from 400-600ping) dodge everything perfectly works well skills works well.. when I came back to EU after lol back to good old days! yeah sometimes frustrated but its still playable. I can still raids. just sometimes… hurts a bit. I took a short video of my zero ping today lol will upload later.
btw, in the first week of wing 4 came out, when I was attempting to do cm for boss 4. a French guy told me, if you have so high ping, you shouldn’t play the game. uninstall it.
and I have only get knock back a few times with such ping. a few people with 50 ping kept getting knock back all the time more than I am. so sometimes it is annoying but.. these thing we don’t say too much. we play the game . thts it.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

(edited by Talindra.4958)

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Do take note that server matters for wvw and if you are to make ocx server, it has to have enough population make it feasible for wvw.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I am too play with 400-600 ping average. today.. my ping was zeroo.. lol
if theres an OCE server, I will still say in EU its my home server.
I went to NA server few weeks ago and stayed there 1 week. played with amazing 200-300 ping.. it was nice.. everything works soooo great for me (coming from 400-600ping) dodge everything perfectly works well skills works well.. when I came back to EU after lol back to good old days! yeah sometimes frustrated but its still playable. I can still raids. just sometimes… hurts a bit. I took a short video of my zero ping today lol will upload later.
btw, in the first week of wing 4 came out, when I was attempting to do cm for boss 4. a French guy told me, if you have so high ping, you shouldn’t play the game. uninstall it.
and I have only get knock back a few times with such ping. a few people with 50 ping kept getting knock back all the time more than I am. so sometimes it is annoying but.. these thing we don’t say too much. we play the game . thts it.

I had suspected that people in Australia with 400 as an average ping were on the EU servers. If this is the case for the OP and any other Australian/NZ players I would seriously suggest looking at trying out the NA servers as that may be the answer.

As you mentioned it was only a difference of about 200 ping but it made a pretty big difference for you. Which seems to be my experience as well with my ave 200-300 ping. That being most of the game you really don’t notice it and it is very playable.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: SirCork.1069

SirCork.1069

How do you know your ping? Pls and TY

OCE SERVERS

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

F11 by default,
Bottom of panel.