OK, about Meteorlogicus

OK, about Meteorlogicus

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

It’s great that you’re taking time to update existing legendaries. However…

Waaaaay too generic. Each and every projectile gets replaced by exactly the same effect. On Elementalist, it looks ridiculous. You can’t tell apart Phoenix, Dust Devil and Water Trident. Seriously disappointing.

OK, about Meteorlogicus

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Welp, that’s how legendaries been working when it comes to projectiles. Meanwhile, I’m stoked about the new effects and glad they updated it.

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

OK, about Meteorlogicus

Posted by: Mirdave.2014

Mirdave.2014

It’s great that you’re taking time to update existing legendaries. However…

Waaaaay too generic. Each and every projectile gets replaced by exactly the same effect. On Elementalist, it looks ridiculous. You can’t tell apart Phoenix, Dust Devil and Water Trident. Seriously disappointing.

I am also really disappointed in seeing the projectile substitution for elemental skills Phoenix, Dust Devil and Water Trident. I appreciete replacing skill 1 animation with a more legendary bullet, or certain skills of other professions where there are usually no well-made animations (when they simply trow to the enemy a basic projectile or the whole weapon), but in this case it is perhaps a step backwards in the way of improvements. Recalling that meteorlogicus lacks a draw effect and an aura before hiding my beloved Phoenix.

(edited by Mirdave.2014)

OK, about Meteorlogicus

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I am okay with the effects but that seems problematic in a PvP scenario … the shortbows also have this problem.

OK, about Meteorlogicus

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Thanks for the hi-res pic. Stuck at work. Just got this day before yesterday and was hoping for a projectile update and BOOM!

OK, about Meteorlogicus

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

be glad is not bolt…

OK, about Meteorlogicus

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I have Bolt too. Do the projectiles really only show the frame and not the lightning effects?

OK, about Meteorlogicus

Posted by: Matt H.6142

Matt H.6142

Up vote to revert Meteorlogicus, at least for elementalist. I never took this to be a lightning legendary, but a nature/weather legendary, so I need the water skills to be water, and the stones to be stones, and a Phoenix is a fire bird, not a blue blob.
I actually played through the episode with a dagger instead because I didn’t want to focus on the change.

Fort Aspenwood home
All Professions Level 80

OK, about Meteorlogicus

Posted by: Jahromi.2079

Jahromi.2079

Agreed. Not sure why Meteorlogicus is so neglected. Even when they update it they don’t put any effort into it. I have it for my necromancer and haven’t even noticed any different effects on any skills :/

OK, about Meteorlogicus

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Agreed. Not sure why Meteorlogicus is so neglected. Even when they update it they don’t put any effort into it. I have it for my necromancer and haven’t even noticed any different effects on any skills :/

They only added projectile affects while necro scepter has no projectile skills. Necro does get the same projectile while in shroud … but you would have to stop using reaper.

The change to Phoenix also shows the shortcoming of slapping changes onto skills willynilly.