OMG Please fix the minions!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

My minions are always dying now. Tonight i play my Necro for the first time since the patch and the minions die when i enter water, they die when exit water, they die when i wp somewhere, they die soon as i summon them and take a few steps, what’s going on?

Please fix this as soon as u can, my MM Necro has become unplayable now.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

My minions are always dying now. Tonight i play my Necro for the first time since the patch and the minions die when i enter water, they die when exit water

They always did that iirc.

they die soon as i summon them and take a few steps, what’s going on?

Seems to be a bug, when you get downscaled. When you are in a level 25-45 zone for example and your character is level 50. You are in one part of the map where you are downscaled to level 26 now you move some steps and suddenly you are in the part of the map where it downscales you to 28. This is the moment I think where your minions despawn, but I don’t know any specifics because I don’t play MM neither do I play necro in regular PvE

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

My minions are always dying now. Tonight i play my Necro for the first time since the patch and the minions die when i enter water, they die when exit water

They always did that iirc.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_necromancer_skills#Slot_skills

Two of them did (Flesh Golem and Flesh Wurm) but the rest didn’t.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Does it even matter if they despawn? they don’t actually attack anything. I have never once seen my flesh golem engage in combat, he is just a larger mini.

Posted by: Mike.6285

Mike.6285

They made a change to the Trait “Flesh of the Master”. Use a different trait until they fix/rollback whatever they did to make this unusable. I picked something else and all my minions work as they did before.

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Does it even matter if they despawn? they don’t actually attack anything

I’ve notice this too – minions are the GW2 equivalent of young offenders doing community service…stood around doing naff all while you’re getting it handed to you on a plate.

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’ve notice this too – minions are the GW2 equivalent of young offenders doing community service…stood around doing naff all while you’re getting it handed to you on a plate.

Yea i’ve had the issue with flesh golem not attacking at least 50% of the time and also the shade minion, but not as bad as flesh golem. This has been going on since April patch but this is now really bad. Hopefully next update it’ll be fixed.

As an aside, srry if this was reported elsewhere, i was in the game at the time i made this thread and wasn’t in a position to start searching the forums.

Also as some mentioned above, normally, only flesh golem (and wurm it seems which i don’t use much) die in water.

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

I haven’t played MM since the patch so I don’t know if any new issue was introduced, but I do know your minions will be destroyed if you enter water and your skill sets are different. If you want to make sure your minions persist on land and in water, make sure those minion skills occupy the same slots in both environments. If you have a different set of skills underwater, that will cause your minions to unsummon.

Since Flesh Golem is a land-only skill, when you enter water I believe the only elite skill that can be used in plague form. When that skill switches over, this will cause your Flesh Golem to unsummon.

Also, sometimes your minions might stand around doing nothing. That issue has been there since day 0 and it’s likely something within the AI code is not right; however as a workaround use your minions skill. I find once you trigger that on your targeted enemy, that will get them to start attacking.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I play necro but I don’t do pets because of the seriousness of the weakness inherent to pets across all classes in this game. I’ve leveled as a well wizard.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I only use flesh golem, and it’s really annoying when I’m in combat and he’s just off to the side staring at bunnies. At least he reacts when I command the charge attack, but then half the time he still just kitten s around.

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Why minions don’t get an action bar (like Hunter pets) is beyond me.

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

Yeah…minions, bless their rotting drippy hearts, are useless right now. They poof into nonexistance if you blink at them wrong. They’re all of them, peaceniks who would rather do ANYTHING than attack something. I swear to god, they should all be dressed in tie-dye, carrying daisies that they sprinkle around the battle…for it couldn’t be any more useless than they are currently.

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

That problem startet with the marionette event i think, or somewhere last december.
Have myself also postet that in different thread in the bugs forum and also in other
forums .. but nobody seems to care at all so far

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Tiger Ashante.1792

That problem startet with the marionette event i think, or somewhere last december.
Have myself also postet that in different thread in the bugs forum and also in other
forums .. but nobody seems to care at all so far

Hmm, maybe you’re right, maybe it did start earlier. I assumed April patch, but b4 that i hadn’t played my necro for a while so not sure when it started exactly and i too reported it as bug ages ago, but yea still nothing done about it.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Hi necros! Welcome to the world of Rangers!
Our pets sends you a warm welcome
At least you can profit from a dying pet minion and it doesn’t steals your power…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

I just got done playing a necromancer in the first Guild Wars. My minions actually do more than take up valuable space on my skillbar. I’m not sure why Arenanet has so much difficulty making minions useful in GW2. Even the minion AI is better in GW1, it seems.

One of the reasons I never leveled a necro in the past is because it seemed like most of the minions never attacked, especially that shade thingy which just sat around 90% of the time.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

One of the reasons I never leveled a necro in the past is because it seemed like most of the minions never attacked, especially that shade thingy which just sat around 90% of the time.

The minions had that problem also at the beginning of the game, i switched to wells
then after a while, however i always use the flesh golem, and at some point it was fixed
and worked ok .. and then last december it got again stupid as after release ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Hi necros! Welcome to the world of Rangers!
Our pets sends you a warm welcome
At least you can profit from a dying pet minion and it doesn’t steals your power…

I’ve never had my Ranger Pet not attack (unless you have it set to GUARD state). In addition, Anet has strengthened Pets MULTIPLE times over the course of the game.

Pet’s being less than useful against certain enemies and attacks (AoE) is a generic (and well known) issue and a generic flaw in the Pet mechanic itself….at least Necros can completely avoid this with a build change.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

The response to the support ticket on this was that the Minions are being culled as the player population on the map rises.

I’ve even heard that Mesmers are having the same issue with clones randomly shattering.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i think anet make minion so weak is because the necro self is a class that can easy do things alone he have tons of hp and alot of skills to heal him self not to mention his second form

but i also like to see a better version of the minions lets say a tanker a dps ore a healer ?
just like a ranger have

a bear is a perfect companion for tanking when you are save shooting your bow
ad lvl 80 he have so 51k hp very very nice

also with a good build that give allot of heal over time you can stay in battle very very long and your bear wont die in my few the best class for pve with many mops

as long the bear can hold the argo

will be great if some minions can do that to ??

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Yea i’ve had the issue with flesh golem not attacking at least 50% of the time and also the shade minion, but not as bad as flesh golem. This has been going on since April patch …

Try, since launch. This is from the second week after the game went live.

Attachments:

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

Yea i’ve had the issue with flesh golem not attacking at least 50% of the time and also the shade minion, but not as bad as flesh golem. This has been going on since April patch …

i try necro to but the minions don’t do what they must do sadly
i wish anet make it like ranger a command skill so i can tell them what i want ??

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

@Indigo

Updated for effect

Attachments:

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Tiger Ashante.1792

@Indigo

Updated for effect

That made me lol hard.

Here’s a pic of my flesh golem frozen in time. He was just stuck there. I know he can’t swim but i think he tried lol.

Attachments:

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

@Indigo

Updated for effect

Nothing like a laugh while reading the forums!

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Does it even matter if they despawn? they don’t actually attack anything. I have never once seen my flesh golem engage in combat, he is just a larger mini.

It was working sometime last year, but broke again since before season 2 WvW and April Feature Patch. Broken for months now again.

So no, it really doesn’t matter if they despawn, half the time they’re idle anyway.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)