One advice for a rookie player?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UltimateWarrior.2847

UltimateWarrior.2847

I feel like i dont know where to start…so many events popping out of the blue…getting sidetracted way to much!!! Any advice? Thx.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Pick a direction and run with it. I may have had an easier time of it since the Sylvari home area is very linear and makes it harder to feel overwhelmed.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

If I were to offer one piece of advice, it’s just go with the flow. Do stuff as it pops up in front of you, or based on what you feel like at the time, and don’t worry about efficiency or progress at first.

If you have questions about specifics you can ask map chat (/m) and you’ll usually get answers – but a lot of it is best learned by experimentation. Just do stuff!

Posted by: Gibbel.5734

Gibbel.5734

Follow the Yellow HARTS that fit your level !!
And don’t forget to do your story quest the moment you can

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

If you need a path, follow the hearts on the map, they are level based and let you progress through an area in a logical format. You can do that in conjunction with your storyline quest and it keeps you on track level wise to keep up with the difficulty of the quest.

Dynamic events are meant to be a distraction and you don’t “have” to do them but they pay off in the long run via honor and or explorable areas becoming open or changing for exploration achievements.

I think of dynamic events more as something to do when max level as you wander around or a nice change of pace from linear storyline. I do wish the dynamic events were not so predictable though, they rotate so consistently, it would be nice to see a dynamic event have a few random options so it isn’t always centuars attacking the same village or thieves always poisoning the water hole.

They did do a good job at having dynamic events chain though so after you finish one event it may chain into another event, such as you help the seraph take over a outpost, then they ramp up an assault on the centaur encampments to fight over territory.

Again, more random events in the same locations so you don’t know what is coming next instead of the same thing every 10-20 minutes

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

My advice is simple…

Don’t let anyone else tell you how to play the game. The beauty of this game is you can literally do whatever the kitten you want.

If you do want to “have a path,” as a previous poster said, follow your heart(s)…literally. Also, follow you personal story, and watch the map for dynamic events. If you find that you’re getting your hindquarters handed to you becuase you haven’t leveled enough, try a different zone. You can go to any race’s starting area and be downleveled to the appropriate level for you to do the hearts there. Then, when you’ve gained a bit, go back to your original area.

Good luck to you!

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

When you want to sell something, go to a VENDOR and ALSO open the auction house.

Sell to whichever gives you the most money.

Sell everything, salvage nothing, dont craft.

Thats my recommendation for making money…

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

When you want to sell something, go to a VENDOR and ALSO open the auction house.

Sell to whichever gives you the most money.

Sell everything, salvage nothing, dont craft.

Thats my recommendation for making money…

Aaand that’s what I’ve been doing! :’D I was a fool for trying to craft an salvage and open lil bags of stuff lol.

My advice: Take things slow and enjoy the game slowly, I felt a little overwhelmed too at first.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Posted by: Gibbel.5734

Gibbel.5734

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/OMG-If-you-only-knew-this-tips-for-new-players/page/3#post419512

Some nice player made a nice threat for newbee’s even some stuff in there the pro’s arent aware off i am sure.