OOO! New Beta!

OOO! New Beta!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/claim-your-spot-in-the-next-heart-of-thorns-closed-beta/

Yay!

Looks like Silverwastes and Dry Top will be humming with players!

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Rather interesting way to get into beta as well.

And a rather good way to guarantee that people in the beta are actual active players.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Given ANets track record for RNG, I am afraid to even hope to get one of these.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The RNG aspect makes me weep bitter tears. BUT at least people who actually play will have a chance to get in.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Lmao.

concerns about random drop rate, but that’s an interesting way to pick your playerbase.

Kudos to whoever came up with the idea.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

What would have been funny if they had planned it around the wastes being on the daily.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I will farm my current location that i do now in silverwastes Lodestones and a chance at portal awesome!

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Probably won’t get in.

OOO! New Beta!

lordkrall.7241

This actually was an April Fool’s joke before release of GW2 btw. In 2010.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beta_key_hunt

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Those zones are going to be a hot mess. LOL

The Burninator

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

This looks extremely interesting. Very good way to get access to the beta, even if it means I have to farm silverwastes for 5 hours to get in, haha. I wonder if there will be any new content other than what was in the stress test we already had that I didn’t get the chance to do.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

Question for Anet will be then: if you had an invite from the stress test will that account be flagged still for this next beta round or not? I can still see my beta character, but just wondering if I need to try and spend extra time in the new maps or not.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

So you need to get a drop? This could be either very handy or really annoying.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well kitten…. I guess I’m going to be logging on every night this week and farming my keester off!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Those zones are going to be a hot mess. LOL

#GW2HOT

OOO! New Beta!

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Each Beta access is individual. Access to one Beta does not guarantee access to any others.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/91220997

Good luck.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

Well, that leaves me out… terribad RNG for me.

For those that try, may the odds ever be in your favor. :P

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Chance of getting one of those items is probably so low u got a better chance of getting a precursor for every legendary before one drops.

OOO! New Beta!

lordkrall.7241

Chance of getting one of those items is probably so low u got a better chance of getting a precursor for every legendary before one drops.

Very unlikely.
They want people in the beta after all. And having the drop rate so low so that 100 people or so are the only ones that get access is probably not the best of ideas.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wonder what time it starts? Reset on that day? Noon, pacific time? And when does it end?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

OOO! New Beta!

lordkrall.7241

I wonder what time it starts? Reset on that day? Noon, pacific time? And when does it end?

Well it is patch day, so I would assume (if there is a patch) that it will start after that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

ArenaNet: “We don’t want players to grind!”

ArenaNet: “Oh, and if you want early access to the expansion, just grind the grindiest map in the game over and over! If RNG favors you, you will get an invite!”

I guess we know what kind of content the expansion will have, if even the beta invites are hidden behind a grind wall.

OOO! New Beta!

Silvercyclone.1462

One thing that wasn’t said on the blog is if there is a cap on how many players can receive this item.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: AlexPort.9204

AlexPort.9204

are ppl from the first beta automatically in the second, or not? thx for the answer.

OOO! New Beta!

lordkrall.7241

One thing that wasn’t said on the blog is if there is a cap on how many players can receive this item.

Almost guaranteed that there will be a limit. Otherwise they could just have invited everyone.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I love it, this is a great way to choose beta players — pick from people that are actually playing the game.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Good thing I enjoy Silverwastes! Problem though is “for a limited time” — I hope it’s not only tomorrow, since I have so much less computer time on Tuesdays than any other day of the week.

And as others say above, there must be some amount of cap, let’s hope it doesn’t fill up by Tuesday evening. /crosses fingers

OOO! New Beta!

Inculpatus cedo.9234

are ppl from the first beta automatically in the second, or not? thx for the answer.

They are not.

Good luck.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well it is patch day, so I would assume (if there is a patch) that it will start after that.

Good point. I forgot about it being a patch day.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

ArenaNet: “Oh, and if you want early access to the expansion, just grind the grindiest map in the game over and over! If RNG favors you, you will get an invite!”

I guess we know what kind of content the expansion will have, if even the beta invites are hidden behind a grind wall.

Yes so evil of anet to make people get it for free, how dare they better make people pay for it. Hear that Anet Test want to pay for it hurry up and do it. /sarcasm off

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

This looks extremely interesting. Very good way to get access to the beta, even if it means I have to farm silverwastes for 5 hours to get in, haha. I wonder if there will be any new content other than what was in the stress test we already had that I didn’t get the chance to do.

Don’t be surprised if you farm for the entire day and don’t see a key.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

I like to know too !

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I like to know too !

This will make the third time it has posted in this thread. Hope it’s the charm.

This invitation is for this Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns testing event only. This does not guarantee access to future events.

The Burninator

OOO! New Beta!

Silvercyclone.1462

Almost guaranteed that there will be a limit. Otherwise they could just have invited everyone.

I’m guessing its possible that cap can be reached within the first 5 minutes. I’m sure that there wont be a message stating that mobs will no longer drop them to keep players in those 2 zones.

OOO! New Beta!

lordkrall.7241

I’m guessing its possible that cap can be reached within the first 5 minutes. I’m sure that there wont be a message stating that mobs will no longer drop them to keep players in those 2 zones.

That depends on the numbers of “tickets” and how often they drop.

It is also rather likely that when it is confirmed that all tickets are out there will be some sort of message about it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

OOO! New Beta!

Azure The Heartless.3261

Or you can just get some friends and go hang out in Silverwastes instead of turning the game into a job for a drop you might not even get no matter how hard you try and then calling it a grind.

A grind produces a result after a specific time; this will not.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I GOT THE GOLDEN TICKETTTTTT!!

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Well its time to dust off my 600% magic find in Silverwastes! I will be in for sure!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

Meh, I’ll probably just wait for the open betas. Not a big fan of disappointment (which is likely to be my result).

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Enjoy the idea. Hopefully a little more of the map will be revealed and not what was done in the stress test. Looking forward to it anyway.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: conradpedalo.5381

conradpedalo.5381

I wonder if the new trait system will be in this beta

Just let me die so I can waypoint out this mess

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Just hope that this closed beta test is a true beta test becuase letting the players play the demo build that was tweaked (Anet admitted this) in the last so called beta is an insult to the beta process!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

OOO! New Beta!

lordkrall.7241

Just hope that this closed beta test is a true beta test becuase letting the players play the demo build that was tweaked (Anet admitted this) it in the last so called beta is an insult to the beta process!

I suppose we are ignoring the fact that it wasn’t a beta but rather a stress test?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Just hope that this closed beta test is a true beta test becuase letting the players play the demo build that was tweaked (Anet admitted this) it in the last so called beta is an insult to the beta process!

I suppose we are ignoring the fact that it wasn’t a beta but rather a stress test?

Not ignoring anything

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

OOO! New Beta!

lordkrall.7241

So why claim that it was an insult to the beta process when it wasn’t actually a beta test then?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I like to know too !

This will make the third time it has posted in this thread. Hope it’s the charm.

This invitation is for this Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns testing event only. This does not guarantee access to future events.

Trogdor, I’m confused. If I was invited to the first beta, am I automatically invited to this one, too? :P

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Geographically, I understand the map choices. But sticking something like that in one of the most farmed zones in the game… there’ll be a lot of people getting beta access that a) don’t care or b) probably won’t even understand what it is.

Oh well.

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Vrita.7846

Vrita.7846

Okay, so it drops off of mobs in Silverwastes. Does that include the mobs during the defense events that don’t drop any loot, or only the roaming mobs?

OOO! New Beta!

Posted by: Flaming.4250

Flaming.4250

How are they going to stop people getting more than one invite dropped from mobs?
And if some one does get two, or more, I hope that they are not sellable on the market because I could see them going for insane amounts of gold.

OOO! New Beta!

Azure The Heartless.3261

How are they going to stop people getting more than one invite dropped from mobs?
And if some one does get two, or more, I hope that they are not sellable on the market because I could see them going for insane amounts of gold.

I wish they would be bold enough to allow key sales.

I’d be much more interested in this.