[OPTION] Remove confirm box salvaging Rares

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

This is a cross post from /r/GuildWars2 .. Here is the original post. I am not the author of this topic, just thought it needs to be seen else where as well.

Noxious_HS

After salvaging well over 3000 Rares over the past two days, I’m going absolutely insane; never before had I experienced the Runescape-esque clickfest that salvaging items could be in Guild Wars 2.
Admittedly, Fine and Masterwork items do NOT pop up the confirmation box, but they aren’t the focus of my salvaging. On the other hand, Rares are systematically asking me whether I’m sure I want to salvage them, and there is no way for me to tick a box that would, say, let me disable that “pop-up”.
In some other games, users can dig through the menu and THEY are given the ability to enable that option if they want to. It isn’t a default option, but rather one you have to search for. If that option is enabled, salvaging the wrong item is on you.
Ironically, we might need a confirmation box before we enable the option, but we at least should have that choice. Whether or not this choice should be opened for Exotic items as well can be a point of contention, but I think we should at least include rares.
I’m going insane here, more so because Mystic Kits aren’t even covering a tiny portion of my Salvage Kit demands.
EDIT: I want to specify that I’m both using the “position Inventory for faster salvage with the Rare filter on” trick as well as using Mouse Keys to reduce wrist strain on at least a portion of the clicks. It helps, but it doesn’t solve the problem at its root.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3m20ju/option_removal_of_confirmation_box_when_salvaging/

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I doubt this will be a thing.

It would make it far easier to accidentally salvage (or delete) something of importance, meaning more people would go to CS asking if their items can be returned.

Even if CS said that they couldn’t return the item, they’d still need to respond to the ticket, meaning it would cost CS some time.

I salvage a bunch of rares and exotics daily, from doing world bosses, dungeons and fractals. I personally don’t find the extra click too much of a problem, but that’s probably down to having a good mouse and comfortable work-space (it’s certainly more frustrating with a slow “gritty feeling” mouse).

The OP said he salvages 3,000 rares over two days- I can understand his complaint, but this is certainly not an obstacle that the average player would face.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Even salvaging a few dozen a day it’s still super annoying.

I’d still like this as an option. Honestly most people salvaging any decent number of rares isn’t likely to be using/keeping any of them to salvage on accident.
And if they do? It’s what, 30s, maybe 1g for a pricey one?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s an alternative suggestion which addresses the issue for both those who dislike confirmation messages and those who need them:
Allow the option of a modifier key that suppresses the confirmation, similar to how it works in Windows (and other OSes), .e.g [shift+right-click] instead of just [right-click].

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I having a check box setting to disable the confirmation box for rares would be nice. Having a second one for exotics would be nice also. Have them unchecked by default so only people that check the box can accidentally salvage things.

A check box for deleting items would nice also. I can’t stand typing out some of the names to delete trash since I can’t sell it.

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

When a rare item is salvaged, I’d like to see a checkbox something like “Don’t prompt about this again for 10 minutes”. It would allow people salvaging multiple rares at a time to avoid the extra clicks and keep their salvage kit active. By keeping it on a 10 minute timer it helps avoid the risk of people checking a permanent dismiss box and then accidentally salvaging something unintentionally at a later date.

Posted by: Todd.6573

Todd.6573

Id support this change, but only if its made optional.
That way new players dont get affected and veteran players lives get easier.

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posted by: Okamiba.7605

Okamiba.7605

I’d love this, actually. As long as it’s optional.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

When a rare item is salvaged, I’d like to see a checkbox something like “Don’t prompt about this again for 10 minutes”. It would allow people salvaging multiple rares at a time to avoid the extra clicks and keep their salvage kit active. By keeping it on a 10 minute timer it helps avoid the risk of people checking a permanent dismiss box and then accidentally salvaging something unintentionally at a later date.

This sounds like a reasonable compromise. The average player isn’t likely to have more than 10 minutes worth of salvaging to do in one go. And the average player isn’t likely to forget they’ve checked that box within a 10 minute time frame.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I’d also support an option to salvage rares without confirm box. Unless there was a separate option to remove confirm from exotics I’d say leave that in place. Rares you get fairly frequently and never have a chance of losing huge amounts of money if you make a mistake. It’s simply annoying to hit confirm box every time salvaging rares.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

You could put it in the inventory options gear thing.. like show/hide rarity option.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I agree with Crimson. If I wouldnt have the warning, lots of unwanted salvaging would happen for me. Sry but no vote for that from me. Could work but ONLY if its optional.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I having a check box setting to disable the confirmation box for rares would be nice. Having a second one for exotics would be nice also. Have them unchecked by default so only people that check the box can accidentally salvage things.

but many will still accidentally salvage stuff and flooding support with Q.Q and give my stuff back. e.g the salvage rate of the rare or exotic was bad ^^^

even with the check box now few do this with this option the few becomes many

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Allvaldr.3425

Allvaldr.3425

It would make it far easier to accidentally salvage (or delete) something of importance, meaning more people would go to CS asking if their items can be returned.

We’re talking about rares here. There are no important rares. Heck, if you find one that goes higher than 50 silvers on the tradepost you’re lucky.

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

but many will still accidentally salvage stuff and flooding support with Q.Q and give my stuff back. e.g the salvage rate of the rare or exotic was bad ^^^

even with the check box now few do this with this option the few becomes many

That’s why I suggested the checkbox with a 10 minute timer a few posts up. I think that would be a good compromise.

Posted by: Okamiba.7605

Okamiba.7605

You could put it in the inventory options gear thing.. like show/hide rarity option.

I never said you couldn’t… ._.