OTHER stuff in POF or no?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SijjvraVisz.7159

SijjvraVisz.7159

Are they EVER going to add more “life” skill stuff depth? Housing—fishing—gardening—etc? Stuff to do that -isn’t- directly related to PVE combat and endless jumping puzzles?

Just curious, because so far, I don’t see much in the new expansion that I don’t already have in a half dozen other MMOs I own.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I hope not.

But, I also hoped they wouldn’t waste development time on mounts and they did that, so you never know.

SBI

SijjvraVisz.7159

Let’s be frank: it’s 2017. Most new or upgraded MMOs are starting to add “more” stuff to do than just button mash mindlessly on an endless PVE grind. It gets -boring-. Adding a bit of fluff here and there to do in between the mind-numbing grind wouldn’t be a terrible idea, TBH. But if they’re not going to do it, meh, I’m not going to bother buying the expansion. No skin off my teeth.

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

They should implement knitting. So we can knit our own cardigans with dye colors. And if you go and pve at night and dont wear your cardigan, your virtual mother comes out and ground you.

SijjvraVisz.7159

Heh, tongue in cheek or not, at least it would BE SOMETHING to do other than grind the same PVE mechanics over and over.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I hope adventures will make a comeback. It was really cool to be able to take a break from all that grind and hop into a mini game at your leisure, especially glider ones.

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Its really not clear if what we saw today was the “core” of the expansion or the entirety of it.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Id lile to see housing tbfair.

Posted by: Adrenalin.5719

Adrenalin.5719

Guild Wars 3 maybe.

fanboy | A passionate fan of elements of geek culture, letting his passion override social graces
and common sense.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

The personal stuff can be the home instance… a.k.a. the location your character came from story wise.

SO you have the home instance. you can gather nodes, unlock about 2 dozen cats
and if you are not interested you can allways go extreme and get yourself a guild hall.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

I hope not.

But, I also hoped they wouldn’t waste development time on mounts and they did that, so you never know.

Another causal scrub qq about mounts.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

- New class.
- New race.
- Revamp crafting to make it more engaging and profitable. May be add fishing for gathering?
-Housing.
-New Revamp UI to make it more flexible, more of QoL update.
-Revamp Traits system.
-New Dungeons/Fractals.
-Revamp water combat and perhaps introduce naval combat.

I’m expecting too much, I’m guessing.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

They are never adding a new class to the game again people. Get over this idea already.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

They are never adding a new class to the game again people. Get over this idea already.

They did add Rev on last xpac. Race probably is much more of problem for them cuz of the whole wardrobe takes time thing.

SijjvraVisz.7159

Housing and some non-combat oriented stuff to do would take this game from a “C” (for me) to a B+ or A-, easily. I guess I’ll just wait and see, but so far POF isn’t thrilling me much.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Underwater
New skills akin to the removed Anti Toxin Spray
Activities

But really a PTR more than anything as seriously it looks like they get their feedback from a bunch of YouTube heads to afraid to speak up as they might loose the access they’ve been given. These youtubers testing the game and having actual gameplay footage up aren’t a good source of information because they’d want to stay on your good side to gain access and youtube clicks.

PTR is something people can indeed do on the side to change things up a bit when their tired of doing the normal grind.