Obsidian Sanctum

Obsidian Sanctum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flokkie.9675

Flokkie.9675

Q:

Well the time has come again. I thought well haven’t done Obsidian Sanctum in a while so lets see if things have changed. Well big surprise somethings have changed and somethings have NOT. I don’t understand that some ppl can just stay in one spot the whole time waiting to screw others out of the chance to finish this. I think this is something ANET should fix. My solution would be a time limit to a certain area’s. If you do not progress in to the next area within a certain time you r beeing transported back to the start. this would fix the problem with some ppl who apparently have the time to keep waiting in some strategic spots so they can botter other ppl.
Well this is my solution… would love to hear what other ppl think (excuse my english, i tried my best)

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Its broken so why should they fix it? Only if the system would work really good they will make changes.

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

By “the time has come again” I assume you mean the WvW tournament. If that’s the only reason you’re doing Obsidian Sanctum you should know that you don’t need to do it this time, just do 5 events each week and you’ve got the achievement. It doesn’t matter what those are.

As for the puzzle itself I assume when Anet decided to put a jumping puzzle into a PvP map they intended other people to be part of the challenge.

But if you want the easy version go early in the morning, or late at night when there’s less people on. And if you see someone from another server don’t attack them. Some people like to wave or bow, others just stand there. (And if you’re a ranger set your pet to passive.) Chances are they’ll be there for the same reason as you and won’t attack if you don’t.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

What’s broken about it….it’s a WvW area. Don’t go there if you are not prepared to fight another player. Per above, don’t initiate an attack and you will likely not be attacked.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

What’s broken about it….it’s a WvW area. Don’t go there if you are not prepared to fight another player. Per above, don’t initiate an attack and you will likely not be attacked.

As for the puzzle itself I assume when Anet decided to put a jumping puzzle into a PvP map they intended other people to be part of the challenge.

This is entirely true. However, OP specifically mentions:

that some ppl can just stay in one spot the whole time waiting to screw others out of the chance to finish this

by which I assume he means the people who sit on the ledge above the chandelier room (right after the dark room), entirely out of reach from attacks from below, and throw ranged CC (mesmer focus pulls, etc) at people trying to ascend, creating a virtually impassable roadblock until they get bored and leave. The issues with this particular section have been brought up time and time again by players, and Anet does nothing. A pvp puzzle is great. One that gives no fighting chance against whoever happens to be on top at the time is no good.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Obsidian Sanctum

Flokkie.9675

Like Piogre say’s!!!
I don’t mind the occasional fight and most of the time i let ppl be. But like Piogre say’s there r ppl just waiting in the chandelier room and you can’t do anything about it.
That this is a fighting game and that the puzzle is located in WvW map fine, not a problem but make it so you atleast have a chance and don’t have to wait till early in the morning or late at night or till they get bored. Make it so you can shoot at them or release animals or fire or whatever at their location so they can’t stay there. Don’t make it a one sided fight but give equal opportunity. Mayby if player’s don’t have the save option to shoot others from a hideout they will play on or wait for you at an equal area were you can fight it out.

Obsidian Sanctum

Flokkie.9675

And to reply: “the time has come again” I don’t mean tournament or anything else that may or maynot occure. I mean i left Obsidian alone because i was getting tired of getting to the chandelier room or darkroom and whole groups of other players were just waiting to gun you of or snipe at you from a ledge. I don’t mind fighting other players but if it is groups of 5-8 that r waiting just so you can’t go on….. that’s lame and those ppl have way to mutch free time.
Making a “fair” game is a dream that will probably never come thru.. but at least give some beter odds.