Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Why not resurrect this dead place by allowing duels there?I know lots of no sayers don’t want duels in game,cause of reasons….but this arena is dead anyway and allowing us to duel there with our PVE gear would be great training for us WvW players that don’t even care about normal pvp.
What i mean is,code arena to be non PVP place so that we can all talk with everyone there,add duel option so we can challenge players on duels.
Arena should be safe zone where combat is allowed only via duels.

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Wouldn’t guild arenas in the guild halls serve this purpose?

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Duels?

We already have three out-of-the-way options for dueling: Custom Arenas, Guild Halls and WvW itself — although all three have their issues. I don’t think the game needs another option for out-of-the-sight-of-most-players dueling. I believe a better feature would be the ability to duel (with some restrictions as to where, and with an opt-out to not accept duel requests as the default option) on the PvE maps. If there is a single reason why existing duel options are under-utilized, it’s that they are not convenient.

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

No dueling on PvE maps —ever

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

saalle.4623

Here is why all those 3 options don’t work

- Custom Arenas you play with your PVP gear and with build which is not the same as WvW.I want to practice WvW and not pvp.
-Guild Halls is not place where i can duel with my friend (cause you know,he is not same guild).Also i can’t just inv every random guy i want to duel to my guild hall.
- WvW is not dueling place,it is war region where people go to pk,not to duel.Even if you find some1to duel,some1 else gonna come and kill you cause he don’t care,its war region after all.

So what is really reason not to add it?Is it hard?Takes too much time?Obsidium Arena works better when its dead?
Im glad Anet adding mounts,just for you no-sayers that are against it.

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

saalle.4623

Obsidium Sanctum is not PVE map….this is how logical arguments you guys have?

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

The post above my reply mentioned PvE dueling with restrictions as part of his logical reply to your 1st post. Not that hard to follow.

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

saalle.4623

The post above my reply mentioned PvE dueling with restrictions as part of his logical reply to your 1st post. Not that hard to follow.

Ahh alright,but my suggestion is good,its PVP map,arena that just stays dead there with no reason.By making it dueling arena,we players that like duels gonna have place for dueling and place gonna be useful for something.

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Ahh alright,but my suggestion is good,its PVP map,arena that just stays dead there with no reason.By making it dueling arena,we players that like duels gonna have place for dueling and place gonna be useful for something.

It exists so that the jumping puzzle doesn’t lock up slots in the EBG that could otherwise be used for WvW players who want to fight each other. It’s not wasted, it’s just a solution to keeping two different activities from getting in the way of each other.

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Here is why all those 3 options don’t work

- Custom Arenas you play with your PVP gear and with build which is not the same as WvW.I want to practice WvW and not pvp.
-Guild Halls is not place where i can duel with my friend (cause you know,he is not same guild).Also i can’t just inv every random guy i want to duel to my guild hall.
- WvW is not dueling place,it is war region where people go to pk,not to duel.Even if you find some1to duel,some1 else gonna come and kill you cause he don’t care,its war region after all.

So what is really reason not to add it?Is it hard?Takes too much time?Obsidium Arena works better when its dead?
Im glad Anet adding mounts,just for you no-sayers that are against it.

If ANet decides to change OS then so be it. My only objection is that it would be resources spent to make yet another out-of-the-way place to duel, when the primary reason the other options fail is because they are out-of-the-way. Convenience is the new bellwether as far as game features go.

Obsidian Sanctum + Duels

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It sounds like the OP would like to have a place to go that is intended for pick up dueling. GH duels are by invitation only. Duels in WvW maps can be spoiled by, well, anyone walking by. And even match ups agreed to in the PvP lobby require some logistics. The OP would like an arena in which people just show up for dueling, if that’s their thing.

I’d argue that Obsidian Sanctum could be used for that already and anyone who wants to can dedicate their PvP arena to dueling. Therefore, in the OP’s shoes, I’d try to show that there’s a real demand for this sort of thing by picking one of those two options and publicizing it like crazy. Make it known that [tbd] is the place to go for pick-up dueling — tell people you meet, in /guild chat, in /map (without spamming), in wvw /team, and in Players Helping Players and/or Reddit.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”