Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

It’s never considered to be an exploit if it doesn’t damage the economy … That’s just how A.Net deals with these types of things, sadly. Remember Skyhammer? Yup that’s fine aswell even though it’s clearly a matchmanipulation the thing is people pay gems for it so it’s fine (yup I’m upset)

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

While we have other unplayable bugs and abuse that Arena Net doesn’t care about…
- Ranger pets are aggressive even on “avoid combat”… and no one cares..
- Guild AC can hit over the T3 walls in veloka WvW
- Dungeon path selling for 10gold per 20min…

1) Yeah pet behavior has always been buggy.
2) Not a bug. Not abuse. Since Anet has allowed people to max their FoV, lots of people have noticed that ACs can reach over walls in many different places. This was possible before as well, all you had to do was run 3 monitors in high-res or windowed mode with the vertical size shrunk all the way down. It’s just that now everyone has the ability to do it.
3) Not abuse or a bug. Selling dungeon paths is generally legit.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Will you nerf SW chest farm next? SW chest farm gave more and better loot per hour.

While dugeon path selling gives 10gold per 20 min… and sellers of dungeons paths get tons of gold.. no one nerfs this abuse right?

How can Anet nerf dungeon selling other than making it against the rules of conduct? I would be all for it, since I dont sell dungeons anyway anymore.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

A little clarity:

Players that did this will not be actioned, as this farm was an unintended (but inevitable) side effect of the Obsidian Sanctum map. This “farming” was not an exploit, or against our Rules of Conduct. Our rules of conduct very specifically define what would be considered a violation:

“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.”

Since Obsidian Sanctum does not impact the WvW results, “kill trading” is not against the rules for this map or mode, and thus this rule is not applicable. However, macroing/botting this would be (I’m watching you!).

This situation is very similar to a situation found in PvE where players continually fail an event to farm monsters. While not in the best interest of community and gameplay, the game itself lends itself to interpretation of what is allowed because of how event chains are setup.

Obviously when you put 3 server spawn points so close to each other, things are going to happen.

For now, until we fix OS…

I’m fine with this as long as whatever changes are implemented don’t mess with GvGs. Also, while you’re looking into potential changes to OS please look into making it an overflow only map like EotM. It would certainly help ramp up competition and give GvGers some love by allowing us to get more GvGs!

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Wow, I didn’t know about this. #evillaughter

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: AlphaWolf.2709

AlphaWolf.2709

SO this begs the question then with regards to Chris post:

Are the PVP custom servers dedicated to PVP dailies against the rules? Where one side intentionally lets the other win then next match the losing team will win for dailies. Chris please respond as soon as possible? If this is illegal I’d like to advise my guild as such.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Gumby.9140

Gumby.9140

WHY ANET…….
Its so fun just trolling on a necromancer using skill 5 on staff with spectral grasp and wall

Weeaboo Slayer

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

GM Chris, while I respect you a great deal from playing with you in game, the issue here is the artificial kill counts. Getting 250,000 kills was something that we WvWers saw as a prestige. Only the best and hardcore players could get this through normal play (yes even in EotM). Being able to tag each other, and get kills over and over again, IMO, is exploiting a mechanic. It’s not on par with the Godskull or Snowflake exploits, as it doesn’t affect the economy, but that doesn’t make it right by any means.

If Tequatl didn’t drop any loot, would you have let TTS abuse the vulnerability glitch for easy kills and achievement farming? I would hope not. But we voluntarily stopped and let you know about it, because some of us have pride in playing the right way.

They all elected to play smartly and efficiently, but somehow, that’s upsetting? No sense in letting pride and personal values get in the way of success.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Are the PVP custom servers dedicated to PVP dailies against the rules? Where one side intentionally lets the other win then next match the losing team will win for dailies. Chris please respond as soon as possible? If this is illegal I’d like to advise my guild as such.

I dunno why’d they care about custom servers. It’s your server, you can do what you like. It doesn’t affect their MMR, everyone knows what’s up when they join, and it serves a purpose in keeping people who just want dailies out of ranked fights.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They have already said that the PvP daily custom arenas aren’t against the rules. Here is a red post commenting on it: PvP “Farm Servers”

Rewards are time-based now. These players must be in their match for the same amount of time as any other server. We cannot necessarily stop people from ‘playing’ oddly for their fixed amount of rewards unless it’s an actual exploit.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

They all elected to play smartly and efficiently, but somehow, that’s upsetting? No sense in letting pride and personal values get in the way of success.

If they made it so that deaths don’t count towards the title, I doubt anyone would care. That’s the problem.

Of course, Anet just addressed the loot and not the title so who knows.

HoD

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

This was possible before as well, all you had to do was run 3 monitors in high-res or windowed mode with the vertical size shrunk all the way down. It’s just that now everyone has the ability to do it.

lol
Or, you could just play in windowed mode on any computer and do the same thing by scrunching the window vertically. It was the only way to get a proper fov for years and I am so used to it I still run that way, even after the patch.

Never used in wvw though, I don’t pvp much.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

This was possible before as well, all you had to do was run 3 monitors in high-res or windowed mode with the vertical size shrunk all the way down. It’s just that now everyone has the ability to do it.

lol
Or, you could just play in windowed mode on any computer and do the same thing by scrunching the window vertically. It was the only way to get a proper fov for years and I am so used to it I still run that way, even after the patch.

Read the part you quoted from me again.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

lol

Read the part you quoted from me again.

You mentioned it between needing three monitors and “now everyone can do it,” as if it only worked with the three monitor setup and wasn’t possible for anyone to do it.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

So when is the real issue of meaningful loot and titles in WvW going to be fixed ?

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Xarel DeMon.6315

Xarel DeMon.6315

“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.”

Would this include the fixed “only blue team wins”-matches in the PvP listings?

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Good call, but, problem is now my ranks (NOT from EotM) will matter even less than the title I will have worked hard for in REAL WvW.

Some days I truly hate this game when true accomplishment can become so belittled.

edit: clarity

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

WvW has been an after thought since the beginning of the game. We are getting the new map (which is neat in some ways), but i have a feeling there was a lot that wasn’t mentioned in their deep dives that we will learn the hard way.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

A little clarity:

Players that did this will not be actioned, as this farm was an unintended (but inevitable) side effect of the Obsidian Sanctum map. This “farming” was not an exploit, or against our Rules of Conduct. Our rules of conduct very specifically define what would be considered a violation:

Since Obsidian Sanctum does not impact the WvW results, “kill trading” is not against the rules for this map or mode, and thus this rule is not applicable. However, macroing/botting this would be (I’m watching you!).

This situation is very similar to a situation found in PvE where players continually fail an event to farm monsters. While not in the best interest of community and gameplay, the game itself lends itself to interpretation of what is allowed because of how event chains are setup.

Obviously when you put 3 server spawn points so close to each other, things are going to happen.

You should watch for bots/makros more closely. I see people who automatise this all the time. Its obvious if the fight moves after a while but a few people still cast at the position where the fight used to be instead of at the new position.
I hope you take action. We are kicking such people from our guild as soon as we take notice.
T1 EU, I can invite you to our guild if you need the event times to watch more closely.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

A little clarity:

You should watch for bots/makros more closely. I see people who automatise this all the time. Its obvious if the fight moves after a while but a few people still cast at the position where the fight used to be instead of at the new position.
I hope you take action. We are kicking such people from our guild as soon as we take notice.
T1 EU, I can invite you to our guild if you need the event times to watch more closely.

If you are talking about world bosses or large wvw zerg fights, I personally a lot of the time end up attacking the air after they are dead or move. Not to defend any bots etc I am very against them also. But I would like to not be banned for having a bad connection.
My connection gets bad enough that I can lag for a couple minutes after killing world bosses. At Karka Queen (usually one of worst ones) I sometimes cant even move or stop auto attacking until a most of the people have left the map. WvW tends to not be as bad but I can get stuck in place auto attacking the air sometimes for a while after a fight is done.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Malediktus.9250

if it goes on for minutes after you have moved I doubt its a bad connection

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Most the time it doesn’t happen, but when my screen unfreezes I have found my character still throwing skill 1 attacks at nothing. (pressing the skill 1 before was delayed during the fight).

And I was simply stating its a possibility that the person was lagging. I’m not denying the claim that many are probably bots.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

if it goes on for minutes after you have moved I doubt its a bad connection

It’s happened to me at some boss fights. Not so much now that they’ve improved the internet connection where I live but the boss fights used to routinely cause my skills to start cycling and then when enough people had left, to stop cycling and my character to spam those skills for a while, even if I’m moving around and the boss is long dead.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Malediktus.9250

Well anyway it would be nice for Anet to investigate such incidents. I am sure they can tell if its lag.
Its probably not too much to ask that Chris’ promise to be watching us is more than empty words

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Malediktus.9250

There are at least two afk farmers at the moment. Please take a look :p

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

SO, question… you are actually okay with people repeatedly jumping off of the wp and having another player kill them for the title of Ultimate Dominator? I find this disgusting. Especially since the recent post on updates for the new WvW map specifically said that the title had been “earned” by some people and it would decrease its value. I’m watching two… basically bots right now. This shouldn’t be allowed. This is wrong. I have a video and screens.. and account names. If this is allowed… then I’ll be sure to post a video of it and let others know just how this person gained this title. How does THIS not decrease the value of the title?

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

(edited by Ellsy.6780)

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

. I have a video and screens.. and account names. If this is allowed… then I’ll be sure to post a video of it and let others know just how this person gained this title.

Nope name calling is NOT allowed here

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Ellsy.6780

Nope name calling is NOT allowed here

It’s not name calling if this is a legal way to get the prestigious title of “Ultimate Dominator”. It would be the same as me posting a video of an actual WvW fight and letting everyone know what servers/guilds were involved.

Born Villain [CAIN]

(edited by Ellsy.6780)

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Ganon Onix.7631

Ganon Onix.7631

Here is your answer

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Sanctum_Farm

By the way they should lower number of kill since a lot of player is already farm that title (20 AP)

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Ellsy.6780

Yeah… sorry, even though this is “legitimate” it shouldn’t be. Guess I’ll be one of those very few who actually earns their stuff and ends up having people think I just farmed it via… I’ll call it what it is… botting some day eh. gg Anet.

Born Villain [CAIN]

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

People still do this? Where do I sign up?

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: Ganon Onix.7631

Ganon Onix.7631

Now question

Is it better fix Obsidian Sanctum or take advantage of WvW update?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Suggestion-WvW-achievements-1/5452203

For Heart of Thorns, we are rebalancing the WvW Lifetime achievement requirements to much more reasonable numbers.

Obsidian Sanctum Issues

Posted by: La Deesse Feline.4572

La Deesse Feline.4572

Ultimate Dominator LOL the big joke if the world had this one only because its achievements on farm as such will be his super unfair to remove the farm or fix Obsidian Sanctumand also his very penalizing for my AP of the leaderboard in my case 4 leaderboard I am American and I with AP 28921 is the first global site thus passed the first Europe and I still have 16 days Daily, how I hoped to have the 1st Place World leaderboard with 20 AP differences? I’ve finally found someone to farm the 250,000 kill but 2 players to kill 195,000 before HOT is’t not possibleI i can not even count on my other mcm success because of the large nerve to come.