Obsidian Sanctum

Obsidian Sanctum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PixelPredator.6987

PixelPredator.6987

Ok, so me and my friends have been doing this jumping puzzle for 2 and a half hours…yes, 2 and a half hours on 1 stupid jumping puzzle. So my question is, why do people gain the pleasure of killing other players that are trying to complete this puzzle when you like 5 minutes away from completion? As I am typing, we are currently lay dead on the floor and we are about 5 minutes away from completing it. I honestly haven’t felt so much rage in my life, and I get easily frustrated playing games such as Call of Duty and Fifa. I honestly felt like I was going to burst a blood vessel. I understand that this is meant to be competitive as it is on WvW but seriously? 5 minutes away from completion.

To make matters even worse, we have waited here for about 10 minutes for somebody to revive us only to be meeted with the message “If you do not resume play, you will be kicked in 50 seconds”

Before anybody goes “why did you try to complete the puzzle when its took you over 2 hours to complete it? you are obviously not capable of doing it” well the answer to that is that we had fun avoiding the enemy team while trying to complete it (at the beggining), its the fact that the enemy decided to kill us when we are very near completion that annoys us the most.

And if you are the type of person that kills people on this specific jumping puzzle (while trying to complete it for yourself) , I have a very deep passion of hatred stored inside of me specifically for you.

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

“So my question is, why do people gain the pleasure of killing other players that are trying to complete this puzzle when you like 5 minutes away from completion?”

Because we like it when you die.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Yes, how DARE people PvP in a PvP area! It’s shameful! ANet should declare it an exploit!

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Then dont go with 2 people, wait for a group to form and assault the jumping puzzle with 10-20 people. its much more fun and you will see, you will kill people yourself its just the way it goes, everyone does it. i must admit i spare ppl’s lives now and then but sometimes i also kill them or pull them of edges. its just the way it goes mate :/

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

It takes me 10 mins to complete the entire puzzle.
You fully knew this is a pvp zone so expect to be attacked.
" why do people gain the pleasure of killing other players that are trying to complete this puzzle when you like 5 minutes away from completion?"
Your meaning of fun is different from everyone else, they paided the same price of money for the game you did so they can do whatever the hell the want to do except for cheating ofc

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The chest at the end gives siege weaponry blueprints which are needed for the battle.
Keeping your enemy from getting those blueprints is important.

Hint: Run the puzzle during a time when your server controls the puzzle or bring in a team to take it.

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: PixelPredator.6987

PixelPredator.6987

I have no idea why I even posted on this forum anyway, its obviously going to be full of people who do this kind of thing. I honestly feel like chucking my computer through my window.

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

A pvp happend in pvp zone…Go figure that out…
If you have a problems with that,roll a thief

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

“So my question is, why do people gain the pleasure of killing other players that are trying to complete this puzzle when you like 5 minutes away from completion?”

Because we like it when you die.

This is now going to be my answer to every wvw question haha

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

Honestly I understand your frustration. I myself gave up on doing the puzzle unless I know my server is in control of it for this very reason. BUT, it is a PvP zone and this sort of behavior is to be expected. I however have convinced myself that the only people who do this can’t handle open world PvP, and need to sit and pick off people who aren’t prepared to fight back or aren’t in a position to fight back effectively, to feel better about themselves. It makes dying in the JP a lot less painful for me

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

omg! ppl killing other in a pvp area!
Sorry mate but its a part of the game. Deal with it and be happy.

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

sure i got annoyed a few time from getting killed when reaching for a vista but hey – i shouldn’t have done that while the enemy is controling the area.
most of the time you can get the puzzle done in 10 min or less.

the most important part is – you can gather keys as much as you want and then rush for the chest. didn’t try keys from other maps but pretty sure they’ll work.

just get better in jumping. use speed buffs or choose a map that your server controls.
(did all 3 while enemy was in control…)

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

Blame ANet for putting PvE stuff in a PvP environment. Honestly.

Map completion? Jumping puzzles? In PvP? Fail idea.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

there are 2 wells that give you invisibility- there is one at the begining and 1 and the end using those will help you out a ton

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: markswiftgem.2489

markswiftgem.2489

Ok, so me and my friends have been doing this jumping puzzle for 2 and a half hours…yes, 2 and a half hours on 1 stupid jumping puzzle. So my question is, why do people gain the pleasure of killing other players that are trying to complete this puzzle when you like 5 minutes away from completion? As I am typing, we are currently lay dead on the floor and we are about 5 minutes away from completing it. I honestly haven’t felt so much rage in my life, and I get easily frustrated playing games such as Call of Duty and Fifa. I honestly felt like I was going to burst a blood vessel. I understand that this is meant to be competitive as it is on WvW but seriously? 5 minutes away from completion.

To make matters even worse, we have waited here for about 10 minutes for somebody to revive us only to be meeted with the message “If you do not resume play, you will be kicked in 50 seconds”

Before anybody goes “why did you try to complete the puzzle when its took you over 2 hours to complete it? you are obviously not capable of doing it” well the answer to that is that we had fun avoiding the enemy team while trying to complete it (at the beggining), its the fact that the enemy decided to kill us when we are very near completion that annoys us the most.

And if you are the type of person that kills people on this specific jumping puzzle (while trying to complete it for yourself) , I have a very deep passion of hatred stored inside of me specifically for you.

Oh my god I know what your saying. I just spent the last three hours with my friend trying to make it threw this exact same dungeon when some irritating guild awaited me and my friend at the end to greet any players and kill them with their numbers before we reach the ending platform. In fact at one point I was reviving this friend of mine and an invader used the Guardian move to pull me off of a high ledge and onto the bottom floor in which they all teamed up to defeat me and left me with an immense amount of hate for each and every one of them.

I don’t know why people can even find the slightest pleasure in this as I honestly could not stop swearing over the matter in reality. If a guild wants to fight, why dont they head out to the area’s made for fighting? you know making themselves useful by capturing Keeps and whatnot? Sitting in a jumping puzzle killing people, just because they clearly cannot handle to fighting outside of the puzzle is pathetic.

I don’t really care what any others may respond to this post as honestly I know I am right and what this is, is an issue that should definitely be addressed. I personally did not find any of this funny and in fact I have never been so angry. Plus I have had a headache for the last few hours though considering how far I had actually got into the puzzle I decided to finish it and then call it a night. Thanks to the invading Guilds, that was not possible.

Obsidian Sanctum

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

pvp area /thread

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com