in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

#OccupySAB201 3

I’m so hipster I was doing this before it was even a thing.

Attachments:

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Radmage.3741

Radmage.3741

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Zlitteral.6852

Zlitteral.6852

We will be heard #OccupySAB2014

http://imgur.com/VT6EJx6

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I think this topic is going to be moderated sooner or later. But I’ll just say this much.

While I like LS S2 a great deal, if that means we can no longer have random fun stuff like SAB, and are left with only things like bobble head effect etc. Then I will say thanks but no thanks for the LS. Why? Because these new patches regardless of how cool they are only last me from a couple of hours to a day. Especially during the winter when I don’t have time to hunt for the skins and backpieces. Meanwhile, because SAB was repeatable content (that did not have a strong story element, although what was there was really cool) that I can spend 15-20 minutes on and earn something for it, I ended up doing it over the span of several days or weeks as it may just like I sometimes do random dungeons or fractals except with SAB there is none of the tedium of those two and you don’t have to worry about time commitments.

In season 1 of living world, I used to do lot of the achievements always going for the meta if I had the time. But so far outside the explorable achievements I have not touched a single achievement that required re-playing the story. Why? Because of the major narrative element. I have no interest in reading a book twice back to back or watching a movie twice like that. So why would I go out of my way to do what is effectively the same thing with the living story just for these achievements with extremely mediocre rewards. Living story is not repeatable content for me and it will never be that I might replay it in a years time and maybe then I will check few achievements out but in the mean time it is just really cool couple of hours of gameplay every two weeks (when Dry Top was first introduced it took me a bit longer because of the exploration, but this last expansion of Dry Top is just more of the same so I barely looked at it a second time).

For me SAB was a way to take a break from GW2 without actually taking a break from GW2. And the lack of strong narrative beyond the cheesy homage story inside SAB itself made it the ideal repeatable content for me. It was nothing like any other form of repeatable content in GW2. It is unique because it has no narrative or ambient dialogue so when doing runs all there was were those amazing SFX and chiptune music. The levels may be the same each time but it sure doesn’t feel like it, unlike with dungeons and fractals, because nothing reminds you of the fact that you have done it dozen times before and there is no ideal ways to run SAB unlike dungeons and fractals no best gear or skill setups etc so each run will have variance without someone shouting at you for doing it wrong or taking the wrong route.

For me SAB is relaxing, while dungeons and fractals can quite quickly become stressful if things don’t go as planned.

And just for fun, below are my leftovers from the last time SAB was around, nothing as crazy as some of others here but still stuff I never had a chance to cash in so to speak.

tl;dr: Regardless of how much better the new LS is, if the cost of it is that fun quirky things like SAB can’t happen anymore I would rather not have the living story but a proper boxed expansion instead. As for the reasons why, look above. Why don’t you cancel Halloween or Wintersday too, because suerly they too detract from the narrative of the living story.

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

You know, it would be cool if Anet came to this forum and said:
“Hey we didn’t wan’t to hurt you, here we have activated SAB as permanent content in Rata Sum. We listen to this community!”

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Nobby.6597

Nobby.6597

It probably is a huge blow to ANet’s ego when people care more about a side game than the actual game itself.

Personally I uninstalled shortly after they announced in an interview they have no immediate plans to bring SAB back anytime soon, but I only gave this game a second chance because of SAB to begin with.

As much as I enjoyed looking at all the rioting pictures, I feel that asking for SAB is just making them not want to do it, much like a six year old that was told to clean his room. The SAB subject in general is one of the most questioned aspects of the game and not until recently was it even addressed.

Give up on asking for it and just wait for it to come naturally in another 6 months when they run out of ideas.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

You know, it would be cool if Anet came to this forum and said:
“Hey we didn’t wan’t to hurt you, here we have activated SAB as permanent content in Rata Sum. We listen to this community!”

Dream on. As much as I adore SAB they care about this as much as they care about engineer backpacks.

Sure, we’ll make 80% of the Living story rewards absolutely useless to a class because we like the backpack!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Since I’m apparently not in the know and can’t find anything about this subject… Source?

Considering that I purchased an infinite coin and that SAB were easily some of my favorite releases, I’m a little disheartened to hear about this.

Some friends I know who’ve gotten into GW2 late have been patiently awaiting the next release, and I know plenty more who can’t wait to see more SAB.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

#OccupySAB 2014 is heating up on EU! The EU guild is open to all who wish to join.

Other than that, come join us to show your support to our cause;

Prevent anet from cancelling the Super Adventure Box

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: AlexOfSpades.6805

AlexOfSpades.6805

ArenaNet, please take a good look at how the community is offended at this decision, and reconsider adding SAB to the game, possibly as permanent content. By scrapping the hopes and dreams of many SAB fans (as well as the people cheering for a new race, etc) you have hurt a significant portion of your fanbase, and this will affect you financially.

Do we enjoy Living Story? Yes we do. But i am 100% sure we could take a break from it, and get more (and i mean way more) WvW/PvP focused updates, as well as Dragon Bash/SAB for those who missed it. Listen to your community, ArenaNet! Look at the uproar the new commander tag system caused! And now this? There were guilds dedicated to WvW, and even guilds dedicated to Jumping Puzzle, and unfortunately you stepped on all of their tails with a single move! They are also fans of the game, they also deserve your attention and love! People are dedicating their time to screencapping the riots and editing images out of it, those things take time and dedication, people are rioting against the recent news on several servers!

Please, ArenaNet! Listen to us, please! If you love us, listen to us! If you love your own game, listen to us! Let’s work together, ArenaNet, for GW2’s own good!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

Bring back SAB!

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: TyranosEH.3768

TyranosEH.3768

#OccupySAB2014

Showing my support!

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

#OccupySAB 2014 is heating up on EU! The EU guild is open to all who wish to join.

Other than that, come join us to show your support to our cause;

Prevent anet from cancelling the Super Adventure Box

Way to take up the call in the EU! Getting real late for us in NA!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Vee Wee does not like SAB and did not play it much! But Vee Wee supports a better GW2! And arbitrarily taking features out of the game that many people enjoyed! Well Vee Wee cannot abide! Vee Wee does not understand why temporary content exists! You at Arenanet spend so much time developing things, and then take them out of the game! Madness!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

My honest opinion on the whole thing :::

I don’t care much for SAB (not a fan of jumping games in general), but I do care for Precursor crafting and Tengu, and I was somewhat, disturbed, by the answers given in that interview, because they are the exact same answers that we heard six months ago, nine months ago, and a year ago.

Every single thing that was asked about was met with a “can’t say” type of answer. There was no definitive ‘yes’ or ‘no’, and while I understand Anet’s unwillingness to say either because of the precursor crafting flub that’s been going on for a year now, their unwillingness to give a yes or no answer made that video a very painful 18 minute waste of my time.

I already knew going into watching the video and reading the article that their trademark answer to any and every question is :: “We can’t say at this time.” or “I don’t know.”, but I watched it anyways in the hope that maybe they would confirm something….anything that fans have asked for.

…..nope. What a fool I was.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Grax.9204

Grax.9204

SAB OR RIOT

No really, I don’t get ArenaNets point on that regard. People want something to do apart from LS and they make this quite apparent. Why so stubborn?
SAB was the most amazing experience I’ve ever had in any game. I wouldn’t even mind to much would it be released for a while without world 3. I just want something more to do then 2h of LS every 2 weeks while a season is running

Attachments:

Asura Mesmer – Gragx – Kodash
Virtus – [VRTS]
http://virtus-gilde.de/gw2map

(edited by Grax.9204)

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

SAB is awesome and must live on!

I would also urge people spamming sab or riot to reconsider. It might land you in trouble with forum rules and get you an infraction. I also doubt it will convince arenanet any more then a simple post in favor of SAB would do and you might scare people from posting their support which would be counter productive!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: DDRitter.1872

DDRitter.1872

I just don’t want my infinity coin reimbursed. I want to erode it from frequent use!

/almostragequit

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

EU riot stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/kqdqa

#OccupySAB2014

Excell.1042

EU is going strong and shall be going strong untill the US people are back up and ready for action! #SABZERGSOLDIERS!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Treefingers.3852

Treefingers.3852

Signed
#OccupySAB2014

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Whenever you click on the box it should now have a message saying “GAME OVER” and play the intro from this:

#OccupySAB2014

Treefingers.3852

Signed
#OccupySAB2014

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Caerbanog.3410

Caerbanog.3410

I support this !

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

Had fun at the riot in rata sum. Anet please listen to your community. We love SAB and who cares how tangent it is to the living story, its fun. You said you want to create fun content, and thats what you did with SAB.

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Had fun at the riot in rata sum. Anet please listen to your community. We love SAB and who cares how tangent it is to the living story, its fun. You said you want to create fun content, and thats what you did with SAB.

OMG THAT SWORD

WHERE
GET
SWORD?

:o

#OccupySAB2014

Excell.1042

#InJoshForemanwetrust

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Thalion.1324

Thalion.1324

#OccupySAB2014

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

OMG THAT SWORD

WHERE
GET
SWORD?

:o

IM A NINJA

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

Signed, too. I have some minis, coins and items and I like this minigame so much

Attachments:

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Antares.9826

Antares.9826

We Love SAB #OccupySAB2014

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Linki.7246

Linki.7246

Now with the new wardrobe system, opening SAB again gives alot more to go for than when it was last here, i didn’t want to go and farm over and over to fill my bank up with the different skins, but now i can just get them in the wardrobe. There is so many skins to get from SAB and even if we don’t get a world 3 yet, i would still very much aporeciate getting SAB again.
I also have a few friends who hasn’t tried SAB yet and i’ve told them all how awesome it is.
SAB doesn’t need to fit with a story, it is like a festival and should be used as filler patches for exactly times like this when we are on a story break. Instead of having a month or more of nothing, why not open up SAB even if there is nothing new? We bought a infinite coin to support this mini game, and now we havent seen SAB in almost a year.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Nystryx.6028

Nystryx.6028

#OccupySAB2014

I totally support this! SAB was the most suprising and fun update. =)

#OccupySAB2014

Treefingers.3852

SAB on fire
#OccupySAB2014

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: effybuttonmoon.4607

effybuttonmoon.4607

For SAB!…………………..

Attachments:

(edited by effybuttonmoon.4607)

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

You know, if they don’t return it, people will start creating private servers just for sake of it. When someone wants to play something so badly, they are ready to reverse everything. Trust me, Im engineer.

Yes, they will probably return SAB

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I would like to see it back indeed, especially since it was implied there was something going on behind the scene.
I can’t understand what’s the point of saying it “doesn’t fit into the narrative structure of the living world”, anyway. Neither do PvP and WvsW updates, yet we still do have those. Heh, even the gem store itself doesn’t fit narratively at all; shall we remove it as well?
And it isn’t like it has to fit: Moto isn’t working for any official organization anyway, so narratively speaking, there is no problem – whenever the “new version” of SAB is ready, he can release it, despite whatever is happening at the time.
Oh, sure, one could say a commander of the pact shouldn’t spend his time playing a game. Well, we never behaved like a commander of the pact anyway – we wouldn’t have been waiting weeks just to get a reply from the pale tree otherwise, especially since we already know it personally.

#OccupySAB2014

Excell.1042

Again people. The party on EU is in full swing. Feel free to join on me ((Riftguard Excell)) to get into the main map! And have more fun timez!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

Everyone should "wear’’ their Applied Jumping title too, to show support :p

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

While we all know ArenaNet, at least for me this is too much of a buzz to simply ignore. if ArenaNet doesn´t even react, well then thats a pretty kitten sure sign that they don´t care even if players unite both ingame and on the forums jzst to bring somethign back which has been played for the fun of it and not for the rewards primarily.

ArenaNet PLEASE react! Once you´re out of bed, that is – currently you guys sleep deep in dreams :P

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

#OccupySAB2014

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Showing my support as well.
I didn’t play it a lot, I wasn’t good at it, but I have some really fond memories of just jumping around and having fun in there with a friend.
I don’t see any harm in opening it up again, even without new levels added, I would just love to play it again. It’s been such a long time. :C

Attachments:

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Artum.4513

Artum.4513

SAB or RIOT!
#OccupySAB2014

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

Fight for your content ! #OCCUPYSAB2014

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: ZiemnyJoker.1763

ZiemnyJoker.1763

#SABorRIOT

SAB or Moto dies!!!
http://i.imgur.com/FZKYEBH.jpg

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: scarmak.4159

scarmak.4159

#OccupySAB2014

You have to think inside the box.
PLEASE.

Senpou Chou Oodama Bijuu Rasen Tarengan!
Guardian Lv80 [ODH] – Baruch Bay

(edited by scarmak.4159)

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: feAr.7905

feAr.7905

WE WANT SAB BACK! #OccupySAB2014

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Turn it on, ANet.