#OccupySAB2014

#OccupySAB2014

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

Again a massive thank you to everyone on the EU side for making this a hit! Lets keep positive, lets make it a fun time! And lets show our support on the SAB project!

PARTY IS STILL GOING AFTER 6 CONSECUTIVE HOURS!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

I must agree, at least put it in the game as permanent content. If it was in party finder I think it would well used content.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I support this endeavor.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

I this trending on Twitter already ?

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB, SAB

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I’m trying to stay out of infractions, as I’m getting them from serious posts without foul language already

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

In GW they had removed Team Arena (4v4 pvp ) and Hero Battles (1v1 pvp with 3 heroes on each team) and never put them back (they replaced them with Codex Arena, which however turned into a ghost town a couple of months in), so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Gl though!

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Regknea.1865

Regknea.1865

In EU we’re setting Rata Sum on fire !
#OccupySAB2014
#SABorRIOT

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Unicorn.2307

Unicorn.2307

The people of Tyria have spoken! #SAB2014

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: pavo.4371

pavo.4371

SAB is my favourite mini game in GW2

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

Oh, maybe I’ll check it out, afk a bit around the box. Haven’t been able to play SAB yet, so it would be nice if it finally reopened – I’ve been waiting for it for a looong time.
Best of luck to #OccupySAB2014!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Bring SAB back! like most of us seriously give a kitten about it ’not blending in well with the current living story"…

and if u don’t want to make new levels atleast re-activate the old ones… it’s hardly any work to do that, right?

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Puma.7934

Puma.7934

Bring SAB back!

Barqueros del Estigia[Styx]

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

We all jumped over the edge. Currently continueing protest in jail.

Attachments:

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: effybuttonmoon.4607

effybuttonmoon.4607

We made our own SAB box in JAIL \o/

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

if u continue this riot u will all end up in jail…
uhm
nevermind

btw i dislike that this took such extreme destructive sizes…

but if anet doesnt listen…
everyone get a war and use longbow f1 coordinated all over the place mace a screen from far away half of rata sum in flames (engineers are fine as well use the mortars)

#OccupySAB2014!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

SAB would work very well as a game “activity”, it is not lore breaking or takes away the focus from the game.

Roker
Tarnished Coast

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: cannonfodder.7219

cannonfodder.7219

Such sadness over the loss of SAB.. we went to jump off of Ratasum in a leap of faith..

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Lawrencii.1356

Lawrencii.1356

? ? ?_? ?? SAB or RITO ? ? ?_? ??

¬ I A Euphy ¬ SoS ¬

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

I fully support SAB returning. Anet has done so much work on so many projects just to have them fade into obscurity for no explainable reason. They did the work to make content people love just to take it away. There’s no logic to it, seems mean spirited if anything. The game already has untold thousands of man hours in event scripts just sitting as memories in archived living world forums. Telling us SAB is going to remain inaccessible for the long term is not right.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: wipefusens.9625

wipefusens.9625

I should delete all my SAB related stuff to be a part of the riot!

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Having all of that sitting in your bank and not being able to use it is just sad

#OccupySAB2014

Soinetwa.5193

Having all of that sitting in your bank and not being able to use it is just sad

ive almost as much as he does (a few less baubles a whole stack bubbles more and not the gemstore minis)
but i htought about writing something about trying to get a refund of bank expand space since one is almost full just with sab stuff… : (

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

because of these people i hope there wont be another SAB ever again. they are ruining my game mode and spreading toxic spam all over the forum.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

but guys…. you need to really immerse yourself for an hour every 2 weeks and do the living story !!1!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Artum.4513

Artum.4513

Guys calm down a bit, just post the screens & spread our disappointment. Nothing more or this thread will probably get deleted.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

I find this quite amusing. I tend to not follow the crowd just for the reasons of “huge crowd does it, so why not me as well”, but I am glad to see this in game protest is happening, even tho’ it won’t achieve anything.
I do support the attempt nontheless.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: adamforever.9078

adamforever.9078

GO TO HELL WITH LS!!
ONLY SAB COUNTS!!!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

/signed

I put on my storm wizard backpack and honors in applied jumping title last night when I got home from work. I started running around doing my usual slew of nightly activities and found a bunch of other people who had done the same/similar.

#OccupySAB2014

Crise.9401

You know, I was just re-watching that interview… and because I sort of know how interviews typically work I have to ask what was the point.

It is likely that those questions were provided beforehand to the people being interviewed before the actual recording, so really if your response to a question is “I can’t really say” or even worse “I can’t really say, but it doesn’t seem likely” what is the point of including them in the actual interview at all much less dancing around the question for a long while without really saying anything at all. I had to stop watching it the half way through because the answers really have absolutely no concrete content and the only conclusions that can be drawn from them can hardly be positive in any way.

You know when the first year they got lot of negativity with the overflowing amount of random festivals their statement was that they were building a core portfolio of reusable content like Dragon Bash, the Bazaar or SAB. If I recall correctly they even said something to the effect of when a particular LW release would need more time they could come back to these. Have they? We got Festival of the Four Winds, before S2 kick off proper but nothing since. Now they announced a mid season break with indeterminate length. Is this not the reason why they built that core portfolio of content precisely?

Yet, instead of something from that portfolio of content what we get is daily blogs about upcoming changes and nothing about what might be coming next in terms of something playable before September. Then they come out with an interview like this… really, you should have had some foresight nothing in that interview is something people want to hear or don’t otherwise already know.

They say things like these festivals or SAB don’t fit in the narrative structure of the new LW, which is the exact opposite of what you said they were for and why the first year was so celebration heavy. They were supposed to be for filling the gaps but now all we have is gaps and nothing to fill them because they are suddenly no longer fit for the purpose you yourself said they were intended for.

Ironically, what I wanted to end this post on is the words Give Me a Break. This is just completely out of whack. This is a slightly more generic post but really wouldn’t something like SAB have been a perfect fit for the gap. I can sort of understand why Dragon Bash wouldn’t have been appropriate but really, that pit is one you dug yourself by choosing such a specific theme for a celebration without thinking forward a bit.

I hope we get something fun for the anniversary at least, but if not SAB and not Queens Jubilee, since we just had the Crown Pavilion then what your supposed portfolio of reusable content has suddenly shrunk to almost nothingness.

If they could anticipate the need for a mid season break then including both the Crown Pavilion and the BoFW content from first year to the Festival of the Four Winds was a mistake because now all they have left is SAB, Dragon Bash, Wintersday and Halloween and three of those four have specific times of a year that they are most relevant in Tyria. You backed yourselves into a corner and are now saying you are not willing to make use of the only reusable content you have that is not in some way tied to the calender.

Props for a job well done….

(edited by Crise.9401)

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

This is awesome. Wish I had known about it yesterday.

Hopefully Anet gets how much we the community love SAB and want it back.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: amax.8034

amax.8034

During this hard times I think this song is fitting for all the riots that are going on. #SAB4LIFE

Jay-Z: Hard Knock Life
http://youtu.be/zxtn6-XQupM?t=40s

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: axe.5621

axe.5621

Where can I join #noSAB ranks?

#OccupySAB2014

Soinetwa.5193

Where can I join #noSAB ranks?

u can try creating such a topic… i wont support your idea though…

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Support from me and my brother. Also half of my guild is ready to camp there whole week. Good luck ANET!

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Yes please. Since they like metrics, I’m sure they’ll notice Rata Sum’s population increasing by 10000% over the usual.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Aegnor Reginard.4621

Aegnor Reginard.4621

imo SAB should be permanent content.
I don`t want LS. Give SAB!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

? ? ?_? ??SAB OR RIOT? ? ?_? ??

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Artickaze.8647

Artickaze.8647

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I could care less about SAB tbh. It was just a filler event between episodes. WHo says it’s not coming next Tuesday? It will probably bring SAB and some other sort of Dragon bash celebration… stop all the drama pleaseee. Go play the game! Your server is losing in WvW! HELP IT OUT!

300-500 people have spoken. Rest just don’t care.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

You know, I was just re-watching that interview… and because I sort of know how interviews typically work I have to ask what was the point.

It is likely that those questions were provided beforehand to the people being interviewed before the actual recording, so really if your response to a question is “I can’t really say” or even worse “I can’t really say, but it doesn’t seem likely” what is the point of including them in the actual interview at all much less dancing around the question for a long while without really saying anything at all. I had to stop watching it the half way through because the answers really have absolutely no concrete content and the only conclusions that can be drawn from them can hardly be positive in any way.

You know when the first year they got lot of negativity with the overflowing amount of random festivals their statement was that they were building a core portfolio of reusable content like Dragon Bash, the Bazaar or SAB. If I recall correctly they even said something to the effect of when a particular LW release would need more time they could come back to these. Have they? We got Festival of the Four Winds, before S2 kick off proper but nothing since. Now they announced a mid season break with indeterminate length. Is this not the reason why they built that core portfolio of content precisely?

Yet, instead of something from that portfolio of content what we get is daily blogs about upcoming changes and nothing about what might be coming next in terms of something playable before September. Then they come out with an interview like this… really, you should have had some foresight nothing in that interview is something people want to hear or don’t otherwise already know.

They say things like these festivals or SAB don’t fit in the narrative structure of the new LW, which is the exact opposite of what you said they were for and why the first year was so celebration heavy. They were supposed to be for filling the gaps but now all we have is gaps and nothing to fill them because they are suddenly no longer fit for the purpose you yourself said they were intended for.

Ironically, what I wanted to end this post on is the words Give Me a Break. This is just completely out of whack. This is a slightly more generic post but really wouldn’t something like SAB have been a perfect fit for the gap. I can sort of understand why Dragon Bash wouldn’t have been appropriate but really, that pit is one you dug yourself by choosing such a specific theme for a celebration without thinking forward a bit.

I hope we get something fun for the anniversary at least, but if not SAB and not Queens Jubilee, since we just had the Crown Pavilion then what your supposed portfolio of reusable content has suddenly shrunk to almost nothingness.

If they could anticipate the need for a mid season break then including both the Crown Pavilion and the BoFW content from first year to the Festival of the Four Winds was a mistake because now all they have left is SAB, Dragon Bash, Wintersday and Halloween and three of those four have specific times of a year that they are most relevant in Tyria. You backed yourselves into a corner and are now saying you are not willing to make use of the only reusable content you have that is not in some way tied to the calender.

Props for a job well done….

I ’ve probably missed that interview.Where is a link please?:)

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

The last time they added the infinite token the participation dropped a lot (they confirmed it), so, considering that it’s a very popular feature I believe they need time to find some more ways to monetarize it and that’s why we will not see it implemented as a permanent content anytime soon. :/

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Marching in name of protest on Underworld server.
Please make SAB permanent!

Attachments:

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

I can’t be the only one who spent 600 gems on a coin that I will never get to use again because Arena Net won’t listen to the community.

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu

#OccupySAB2014

Crise.9401

I ’ve probably missed that interview.Where is a link please?:)

http://www.guildmag.com/guild-wars-2-interview-part-1-general-game-living-world/

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Thank you very much

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

day 2 of the riot is picking up

Attachments:

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

SAB OR RIOT
for the quaggans

Attachments:

(edited by pelle ossa.9705)

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You guys do realize how this may just make them NEVER bring it back. If they cave to this kind of “pressure” (not that it in any way matters to Anet), it sets a precedence they likely don’t want to make….

Just clean up the mess a week from now when this dies down and I’ll be sure to wave as I pass thru Rata Sum….good luck.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Insire.7031

Insire.7031

SAB OR RIOT
streaming live from the riot @ twitch.tv/insirethomson