[Oct. 15th] Post patch thoughts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Jumping for excitement? Sobbing in disappointment?

Share your tears of joy and sorrow!

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Love the new contents, as always, incredible job by the Living Story team

Hate the balancing part. Because out of everyone Warrior needs a buff

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

A bit disappointed. Had hoped that the balance pass would be sufficient to counterbalance other game direction concerns and make playing and paying worth my while again. Perhaps next time.

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

I don’t understand the appeal of all these holiday activities. Especially when the interesting bits like weapon skins are so kitten expensive.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I couldn’t care less.

Living story is bland and I’m over it. I’d rather have good, lasting content.

Balance changes were mostly a joke. Mesmers got more of a nerf than a buff (even if it just was a bug fix) and warrior is the last class needing a buff.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Sobbing in disappointment

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Just a massive letdown

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Expected to be letdown. Expectations were easily met.

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

disappointment [dis-uh-point-muhnt]

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: saddening situation; letdown

Synonyms: bitter pill, blind alley, blow, blunder, bringdown, bummer, bust, calamity, defeat, disaster, discouragement, downer, downfall, drag, dud, error, failure, false alarm, faux pas*, fiasco, fizzle, flash in the pan, impasse, inefficacy, lemon, miscalculation, mischance, misfortune, mishap, mistake, obstacle, old one-two, setback, slip, washout

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Thanks for posting this OP. I just felt left out not being able to post a whine and a cry like most of what I have seen today.

“Boo, hoo, hoo!”

Now I feel better. And now I feel like I am one of the cool kids.

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

Overall very happy. I love Halloween, and they gave my P/D thief a new toy.

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Meh

There is nothing in this patch to alter the current condition meta. It says to me they are out of touch or unwilling to do anything about it.

Would have liked a small boost to my class but got nothing.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Kitten

All is vain.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Warriors got buffed – no surprise.

Rangers got nothing worthwhile – still no surprise. (They lied about fixing Ranger weapons – again. Still no surprise.)

Ele conjures got improved, but the core problems plaguing the class had absolutely zero attention. I’m kind of surprised there, since they actually received a buff.

Didn’t bother checking what happened with thieves, since broken class will still be broken.

Guardians got a mix bag. Meditations may be big news, if it weren’t for the fact that the current meta (wvw/pvp) is all about conditions, and guardian’s got nerfed on PoV.

Mesmer, Engineer, Necromancer I don’t play, so I’ve got no opinions.

I really do question if anyone at Anet plays any class other than warrior and thief. Couldn’t prove it by the content of the balance “fixes” or the way they build the new content (punish a ranger because they have a pet – which, despite being the single most requesting thing on the entire forum, still isn’t optional.)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Nothing to free Ele’s from the tyranny of the arcane and water trees

Posted by: Skyline.3480

Skyline.3480

Oh but there’s a collaborative development, right? right?
/sarcasm.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m still pretty mad that they’ll throw in a bunch of hidden updates and not tell anyone.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

Warriors got a new car and a computer. Guardians got a stuffed bear.

So while they both got presents, there is this little thing called disparity.

The moment a new pvp mode comes out that doesn’t revolve around conquest capturing a point, guardians may finally get some soft CC for their dps spec.

This “balance” patch was exactly like expected. Keep buffing the already strong classes while idling those in need of help.

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

My first time playing Lunatic Inquisition, got bored out of my mind. Maybe Anet felt the same way, so they decided to ‘balance’ the professions. Yawn.

Nothing to see here, move along…

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

So guess what happened with pets. Absolutely nothing. Was on my engineer going the champion in the town of nageling, that 71% more hitpoints thing Completely Worthless instakilled every single time!

Can we finally and at long last have pet AOE immunity of 85% to 90% now so that they survive without a hitch??? Seriously because I think waiting a year is long enough you know!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Seems good to me.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

My first time playing Lunatic Inquisition, got bored out of my mind. Maybe Anet felt the same way, so they decided to ‘balance’ the professions. Yawn.

Nothing to see here, move along…

They got bored of that too. They spent two months fixing sigil of paralyzation and said “WE NEED CONDI FLOATERS =D”

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

Lots of connection issues, lots of mesmers abusing descent into madness. Another successful patch.

At least those poor warriors are finally on par with rangers with the much needed buffs.

Maguuma

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

Play warrior or log off. The new meta.

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Seems good to me.

^ this guys plays a warrior

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Sigh. Another 3 months champ farming in Queensdale while we wait for the next balance attempt.

Everquest does look a lot better.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Enjoying so far. A lot less grind in the achievements (though gating story progression behind them regardless = bad), with the meat of the content from last year standing out a lot more as a result.

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

I do feel a slight disparity in the balance at the moment.

I’m a fairly skilled D/D ele as I’ve been playing that configuration for nearly a year now. I have a multi-button mouse as that is the only realistic way to play ele (IMHO), and my keys are remapped to the point that I can do everything as easily as possible without impeding movement.

So there I was, I think I was fighting a warrior; I was moving a lot, evading a lot, switching attunements to build might and access all my skills and combos, remembering what was on cooldown, repositioning with lightening flash, etc. My opponent was perhaps moving a little, no dodging as such.. I made one little mistake, they disabled me with a stun I think and waved their sword a few times, each blow giving huge damage, and before I knew it I was dead.

So all of that effort, my strafing, dodging, combos, etc. were beaten by a stun and then a single skill spam, all while they stood nearly motionless.

It left me feeling a little.. aggravated. I won’t switch class though; besides the slight peeves I love playing ele and as long as I don’t make too many mistakes I more often than not can win fights, and can solo camps fairly easily.. but it is certainly not easy and spamming 1 or 2 skills will not do it.

The class with one of the highest learning curves deserves a little more, IMHO.

Just a slight gripe. I still love the game.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

My thoughts:

The story thus far is okay.
– I’m disappointed that the story is time-gated.
– I’m disappointed that my character is still stricken mute.
– I’m disappointed that the “painterly” cut scenes are still being forgone.

The balance changes:
– These don’t look to be nearly as sweeping as I (for some reason) expected them to be.
– Once again changes for PvP hurt PvP-only players.
– The Fire Attunement traits weren’t given nearly the attention they needed.
– Not sure about the rest.

The rest:
– The new items look like they’re (unsurprisingly) going to encourage a tone of mindless grinding.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Jumping for excitement? Sobbing in disappointment?

Share your tears of joy and sorrow!

Here is my entire opinion of this patch: -_-

I really do not care about this patch or any of the other patches Anet has been throwing out. I haven’t participated in a patch since Southsun, because frankly, they all fail to interest me even in the slightest. So my final opinion is neutral. I don’t love it or hate it. I just don’t care.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

I’ll throw my opinion here too.

What I like:
-As engineer I like the radius increase on some bombs and mines and Toss Elixir S losing it’s RNG.
-New damage floaters are pretty cool.
-Bloodlust buff being tuned down.(I want the stat buff gone completely, but this is a good start)

What I don’t like:
-It’s not a frikin’ balance patch when the profession changes are mostly tooltip/bug fixes, instead of tweaking skills and traits!

Overall, I’m not disappointed about what we got, but what we didn’t get. After seeing the preview my expectations were pretty low, but I was still disappointed.
It feels like forever since we got the last balance patch, and this one is a joke compared to that. A cruel joke.

I don’t know if the devs think balance is fine atm, are they afraid to make changes, or they simply don’t know what do.
Oh, and speaking of not knowing what to do. Mesmer’s scepter. I think Karl or the other dude actually said in yesterday’s stream that they don’t really know what to do with it. Scepter #2 and #3 are both really good skills, both being the better ones on mesmer’s weapons, while scepter autoattack actually is lacking. So instead of coming up with some condition based changes to S#1, they improved S #2 and #3. And in a very cheap way(CD reduction).

Anyways, I don’t consider this a balance patch at all. More like quality of life/bug fix patch.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

Yeah well, I was wondering if I should change from ranger. After this patch I am certain that I need to learn Warrior, cause that is the one and only profession for this game.

PS. Alienmuppet.1942 I know that feel

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

Posted by: NightmareFiction.5478

NightmareFiction.5478

Disappointed.

As a PvE player who only participates in the Living Story when there’s a reward or something I actually want tied to it. The last was “Sunbringer” title, before that was Infinity Watchknight Tonic. All I really look forward to nowadays are balance changes in the hopes that they drastically change something about the class as this gives me something to tinker with.

For example, I play a Necromancer and when I heard there’d be changes to the Blood Magic traits, I thought we’d see a viable Vampire build. That doesn’t appear to be the case still, hence the disappointment.

It may simply be that my expectations are too high, there’s no denying that. However, I’ve been playing the game for roughly a year now, I have an 80 of every class that I have an interest in playing (3 of which I consider my “mains” and have completely decked out). I want to keep playing, but I’m running out of things to do with the “slow and steady” approach they seem to have towards class balancing.

I honestly don’t feel like I have to change anything about any of my builds nor is there really any new builds to try. I find that disappointing coming from a balance update that took roughly a month to implement.

(edited by NightmareFiction.5478)

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I was looking forward to more balance changes, but if the trait tooltips prove to be 90% accurate, I’ll be quite satisfied.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well the necro vampire buffs have got me finally building a viable vampire…
/sarcasm

Seriously, I’m just gonna make a condi-mancer like everyone else and be done with it. The odds of getting a true attrition mechanism at this point is beyond astronomical. I would just play another class like a warror as they never seem to get nerfed, but after 2200 hours and many hundreds of gold I may as well just conform. May as well rename the game to clone wars at this point.

The Halloween stuff as always is fun, but I do believe they have nerfed the drops in the labyrinth majorly since last year.

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

This.

Arimahn.3568

So I took a look at the labyrinth and it’s basically another zone made for zerg trains. And the achievements for zerging down the bosses don’t even work.

:|

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

-It’s not a frikin’ balance patch when the profession changes are mostly tooltip/bug fixes, instead of tweaking skills and traits!

Good to see I’m not the only one who read the patch notes and thought to myself, “okay, there’s the tooptips…now where’s the actual skill and trait changes we were promised?”

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

15 teeeemoesssssssssss

Attachments:

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

These trait facts are super duper neat. I haven’t looked to see whether absolutely everything is covered, but still, I like them.

Prince Thorn seems like a cool twist on King Thorn. Haven’t seen his whole storyline yet, but he’s better than Scarlet as a villain, so that’s nice.

Labyrinth is basically Crown Pavilion MK2. I got my achievements done and left. Whether the Crown Pavilion was your bag I don’t know, gameplay wise, I didn’t much care for it. Thematically it seems far better than Crown Pavilion- Instead of destroying literally millions of robots in a hole in the ground, we’re going somewhere foreign.

Traits and skills got jiggered about a teeny bit, but without a more long-term analysis, it’s difficult to say whether they’re better or worse. Really, there’s not much new on the class front. Honestly, we really need some new weapon sets/utilities/traits, and a bigger mash-together of current traits and utilities to try to create a bit more build variation. The game’s biggest threat at the moment is becoming stale, in my opinion.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

15 teeeemoesssssssssss

Working as intended.

They just forgot to move chaos storm to the warrior is all.

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

15 teeeemoesssssssssss

Working as intended.

They just forgot to move chaos storm to the warrior is all.

Where can I find this warrior build every1 is complaining about?

Oh wait is it the build where the enemy dont have stun break=?

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Pistol whip is dead.

The great forum duppy.

Arimahn.3568

Labyrinth is basically Crown Pavilion MK2

But the Pavilion was good for leveling. This isn’t, really.

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

This.

haha, me too; unfortunately.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Labyrinth is basically Crown Pavilion MK2

But the Pavilion was good for leveling. This isn’t, really.

I didn’t really use the Pavilion for levelling, so fair enough.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

The new condition damage indicators look neat. I can’t really speak of all the balance stuff. I’m wasn’t here for the previous Mad King event, so I can’t compare it to this one.

Bloody Prince wanting to kill his dad might make for an interesting conflict. I’ll just have to wait and see though.

Posted by: Jabronius.8674

Jabronius.8674

I play with a controller, so the “fast with range indicator” ground targeting option is great for me. Haven’t tried the LS elements yet, but I am pleased with the quality of life updates.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

The patch isnt bad at all, the problem is they hyped it like it was going to make people build new builds like they were going out of style. I didnt expect much, but sadly I main Mesmer and the patch barely helps me. Im interested on the CD reduction on the 2/3 scepter as I actually like the scepter a lot, but the problem is its auto attack.

Im really, really… REALLY… upset that they did NOTHING for the Ranger axe. pathetic

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Please fix the targetting… Why would I want to target a champ that is about 3 times out of reach, instead of those dozen of foes that are surrounding me?