Official Skill Balance Thread: 22 February Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Any thoughts on Necromancers ANet, regarding the DPS deficit, utlity deficit, and possible changes to Vampiric Aura like making it 10 player instead of 5 for example?

Posted by: Elenire.7306

Elenire.7306

Any consideration to prioritize ranger pets for boons and other buffs? For instance in a full party ranger pets do not receive benefits from boons and abilities like spotter and frost spirit.

Yes we have fortifying bond but that should be baseline and not a trait.

Elenire Manyshot – Dragonbrand Ranger
Band of Exiles [BoE]

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read these messages and respond to the community.

My question is what is Arenanet’s perspective on the skill Epidemic in its current state? I am a passionate WvW player, and Epidemic has been a hotbed issue in our communities for the greater half of the past year. Unlike nearly every other skill in the game, a player is punished if an ally fails to evade or invuln- not the player him/herself! There is no reasonably visible tell for a player to dodge this skill before it hits, and the frustration is compounded by the fact that Epidemic can also be cast on non-player objects and NPCs such as keep lords and siege equipment. Entire metas and gameplay styles have evolved around this single skill and I am concerned that the absence of any changes or reworks of this skill will further push the dwindling WvW player base to its breaking point.

Thank you for reading.

Thanks for posting!

There are some aspects about this skill that we want to fix when we get a chance, such as negative condition duration not affecting transferred conditions (it also doesn’t increase durations, but that wouldn’t be desirable). Some aspects of it are odd and we’ll be looking at certain epidemic targets (such as wvw doors).

The ability (in its design and in-game-play) does what we would like it to, where if conditions stack up you get to condition-bomb everything. With that said, we do want there to be some counter-play available to large groups. In this update, the addition of condition clears when blasting light fields was made in part to help combat Epidemic and area condition spikes.

Cheers,
-Karl

Condi clears do nothing when a necro can insta kill 5 players by using epi on a piece of siege or a keep lord. Hell, you can usually insta kill several players by loading up a downed player with condi’s and transferring them since the downed player has so much extra health… (since for whatever reason downed state is still a thing in WvW, thanks for providing yet another tool to make the bigger blob stronger).

This is a perfect example of why WvW needs to be balanced separately.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

I just want to say that you anet devs that keep nefing eles have killed all of my love for that class and i have no desire what so ever to keep playing it. Your Decision to nerf eles because other dps classes arent used is horrible, instead of nerfing eles how about buff the other ones ?. Also regading raids i run full clears of all wings every week my own parties and i can promise you this i will personally kick every single ele players from my raids and if they ask why i will say hey its not me its anet devs fixing your class to be useless, and ill just replace all eles with condi rangers gg anet gg.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Ventari Rev seems like it could benefit from having a linking/leashing component to target ally, that would spawn the effect of the skills at two locations(The revenant and target ally). Has this idea ever come up in testing ?

There are no ally-targeted skills in the game, and won’t be for good reasons.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Thanks for stopping by to give feedback ask questions!

The formal Q&A / feedback session is over, but as always the team will continue to read your feedback related to the latest update, so feel free to create separate threads with your thoughts.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra