Official state of skill lag and server optimizations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

1. My 3rd question is :If you ever have a solution to this are there any plans to lift the AoE Limit for both WvW/PvE/PvP because thats why this AoE limit exist in 1st place

Actually it doesn’t, the point of 5 people damage limit per aoe is because some professions could wipe entire zerk with spamming AOE. That’s why this is limited,

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Posted by: Javi.4359

Javi.4359

I’ve been getting lag spikes and skills just straight up not going off over the past few weeks, and it has gotten much worse over the past week or so, to the point where I can’t play any PvP content. Is this going to be fixed any time soon? ‘Cause at this rate it’s not really worth playing the game at all.

Posted by: Maxakari.5298

Maxakari.5298

Yay! Game optimization! Thank you Anet!

also I recently made a post about bound items everyone should check out!

Yay Guild Wars 2!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Servers have been laggy as of recently, is it just me or is anyone else experiencing the same? It’s been continuously disconnecting me at times, even though there was no problem with my ISP at all.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Pyr O Desolation.5017

Pyr O Desolation.5017

besides patch days i cant understand why servers would have lag, most people are aware you as a company are getting paid quite well

It’s not always about winning, sometimes its about losing without feeling used.

Posted by: Samuel.1742

Samuel.1742

I m SEA player from malaysia, I’ve been getting lag spikes and skills lag and getting worse in spvp.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Unfortunately it’s the Internet, in time it might clear up but given your location and the state of the word today expect lag. You might look in the support forums and try some of the suggestions, good luck.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I noticed this was recently unstickied — I guess the lag problems aren’t as important anymore?

Is anything more being done about these spikes? Just because we don’t live in the US and we have to tolerate this lag, doesn’t mean we have to like it.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I wanted to clarify why this was unstickied. First, the thread was started about 15 months ago. Second, it was specifically about skill lag, but the thread attracted all sorts of unrelated latency issues, related to a problematic ISP, a temporary data center outage, a problem with a regional Internet backbone. In addition, the subjects ranged from a one-time 20 minute latency issue to something that has been going on for a long while.

Perhaps most importantly, this is a general discussion forum and the subject is much more appropriate for the Support Forums, as Feirlista and others have stated. In the Support Forums, our devs can track the issue, as they have in the posts below.

So please rest assured we’re not trying bury this discussion but are trying to get it where it will do the most good. Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

Translation.

There are so many errors, bugs and issues with the lag that we can’t handle it all so we just said kitten it and are focusing all of our efforts into Living Story instead.

Thanks for understanding.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Just a little question about Client Side Optimization, I know, Bill, you said surely multiple times by now, that you aren’t working on them, that you work on Server side optimizations, but that you are working on them and that they will come, but much more slower…

So can we take these words basically as a confirment, that Anet hasn’t forgotten things like:

• Giving GW2 a DX11 Support (or even by now 12, but my guess is, 11 makes more sense as 12 will have too few people)
  • Giving GW2 finally a 64 Bit Client
  • Adding more/better Setting Filters for the Graphics, like something to Deactivate other Players Minipets/Back Items/Legendary Weapon Effects

Because currently its totally silent about all of this since release of the game, where Anet announced before of the release of the game, that GW2 would support DX11 somewhen later in the future…. and I think, nobody of us would have thought at that point, that nearly 3 years later, it’s still not there and feels by now like, as if that was just some kind of vapor marketing announcement to hype the people more for the game, but in fact was nothing but just hot air.

So I would like to have this one question being answered from you Bill.

Are currently also too Client Side Optimizations like DX11 Support and a 64 Bit Client in the works in the background of Anet – Yes or No?

I don’t want to hear any specific dates, that people could lay out like promises, just a simple yes or no, because from what you#ve written here in your posts, it seems that Anet works on these things also too, but like you said – just much slower compared to Server Side Optimizations.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Susu.9261

Susu.9261

Player positions desynched in sPvP. Skills delayed in sPvP.
My assumption is condition tracking:
- all stacks are individually tracked due to different effectivenesses.
- all the while new ones are added, additional dmg is triggered (like on move or skill use) and some are removed
This seems to be too much for the engine.

How to destroy sPvP:
Take 2 MM necroes and 1 poison sharing Thief.
Enjoy the view as enemies keep running in straight lines – often into walls – while the conidition bombardment from players&minions (who’ll also make use of the “poisons”) destroys them. No idea how it looks like on the other side.

Very easy to test. You are welcome.

Sorry about the bump, but this is the official topic.

Posted by: Alex.2908

Alex.2908

2 years of optimizations and yet no change, now i skill lag in pvp as well…