Oh... for kittens sake!

Oh... for kittens sake!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This is a complaint that I’m guessing is about the NPE? All I know is I bought another additional account. Tried to transfer funds to it just to pop the “Golden” title and I can’t transfer funds???? Something about “this transfer would exceed the total value of transfers allowed for new accounts.” What the heck is this? Where are these limits posted? What is even the metrics used to based this on? Is it hours logged in, days since purchase, character levels, or what?

Dev’s…. this falls under the definition of stifling. Post some specs so players at least aren’t in the complete dark about this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

This is not new. This to prevent accounts being hacked and transferred to new accounts.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Send me your money. Problem solved.

Oh... for kittens sake!

DeWolfe.2174

Send me your money. Problem solved.

lol… I had to sell some inventory to scrape this gold together Another reason why I’m so irked!!! If it’s like hey, two months from now I can transfer the funds. Then I just blew how much gold selling now?

All I know is this game needs much more of a, “Can Do!” attitude to it. Way too many restrictions…. Way too many.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

If possible, transfer via a Guild Bank. This is assuming you have access to one on your accounts. Though, I only recommend this method if your guild is private, and if there are other members, that they are 100% trustworthy.

(This is how my friends and I pooled our gold for that title; everyone was returned to the rightful amount in the end.)

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, as was already said, this isn’t new, and it’s there to prevent hacked accounts from being drained to a new account. Once your character is so many hours/days old, it’ll be removed.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

DeWolfe — I’m sorry you’re inconvenienced by this situation, but honestly, it’s the best overall. The restrictions aid greatly in account security, just as early chat restrictions reduce in-game advertising of money-selling sites. I sure understand your frustration, but the limits will lift in a relatively short time, and ultimately, the player experience is better for having them in place.

Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

Maybe they could add a one time transfer item in the Gem Store for 400 Gems to let you do this.

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

DeWolfe — I’m sorry you’re inconvenienced by this situation, but honestly, it’s the best overall. The restrictions aid greatly in account security, just as early chat restrictions reduce in-game advertising of money-selling sites. I sure understand your frustration, but the limits will lift in a relatively short time, and ultimately, the player experience is better for having them in place.

I don’t really see why it’s for the best.

We pay money to access the game in the first place, why should there be restrictions on what we can do just because the account is young?

Free trial accounts I can understand, but not full paid accounts

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

While I understand the restriction and actually think its a good ides – I just don’t get the “and ultimately, the players experience is better for having them in place.” The only people who might have a ‘better’ experience are people who don’t have their entire savings ripped off – though they’re going to be ticked about any amount stolen.

SBI

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

What else should Gaile say?

This does not really hurt anyone. I think this game has greater problems than something that actually works as intended.

The title can wait a little bit longer, don’t make them spend any more time on useless changes to the game like with the NPE and hope they work on some real stuff…

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

We pay money to access the game in the first place, why should there be restrictions on what we can do just because the account is young?

It’s basically a probabtion period. It is a significant blow to gold sellers, and spammers. No one likes to see 15,000 messages about where to buy gold for cheap. While it does limit things for people purchasing alternate accounts, its a needed extra level of security.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

This does not really hurt anyone. I think this game has greater problems than something that actually works as intended.

The title can wait a little bit longer, don’t make them spend any more time on useless changes to the game like with the NPE and hope they work on some real stuff…

It is pretty clear from past releases that there is no way someone on the forums can actually affect the direction the High Overseers at Anet want this game to go in, for better or for worse.

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It is pretty clear from past releases that there is no way someone on the forums can actually affect the direction the High Overseers at Anet want this game to go in, for better or for worse.

Yeah, and coming from WoW where I’ve always felt the forum whiners had way too large an influence on the middle age of the game, I’m actually rather happy about that. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

Who is indisputably the most important person in all of MMOLand?: He who shelters us from the harshness of having issues addressed, and to whom we owe everything we have, including this wonderful communication?

1)Anet
2)Anet
3)Anet
4) Anet

On a serious note, I can understand why such a stipulation is in place, but I alo believe that it’s presence and particularly the seeming lack of information on the precise restrictions and duration, is a bit disrespectful to new players who buy the game for genuine playing and enjoyment, and also for those wanting alternative accounts, for similar purposes. Anet seem to indicate that until proven otherwise, everyone with a new account is a goldseller/scammer. In that, Anet, however much this system may prevent goldselling (surely they’ll just let the account mature themselves for however long then spam?), also shows a distrust and disrespect for new players. Not exactly a message Anet would want to give out.

Edit: A further thought, would there be some way to offer another layer of security for such transactions? I doubt it is that feasible, but ould be something, if possible that could serve all purposes, allowing greater flexibility for those accounts, while maintaining some level of security for them?

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

(edited by Wolfheart.1879)

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Who is indisputably the most important person in all of MMOLand?: He who shelters us from the harshness of having issues addressed, and to whom we owe everything we have, including this wonderful communication?

1)Anet
2)Anet
3)Anet
4) Anet

On a serious note, I can understand why such a stipulation is in place, but I alo believe that it’s presence and particularly the seeming lack of information on the precise restrictions and duration, is a bit disrespectful to new players who buy the game for genuine playing and enjoyment, and also for those wanting alternative accounts, for similar purposes. Anet seem to indicate that until proven otherwise, everyone with a new account is a goldseller/scammer. In that, Anet, however much this system may prevent goldselling (surely they’ll just let the account mature themselves for however long then spam?), also shows a distrust and disrespect for new players. Not exactly a message Anet would want to give out.

How many new (as in brand new, not “just bought a second account after playing for a year”) players are going to buy two accounts and automatically have 200g to transfer between the two accounts? My guess is very few. Thus, this probably isn’t a common problem for new players.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Do you really need the Golden title within a day of playing the game?

The money transfer limit on new accounts protects ALL of us including YOU from hackers and gold sellers who break the economy. Would you complain about traffic lights inhibiting your freedom?

Just log in tomorrow and the limit will probably be lifted.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Wolfheart.1879

Its not just about someone with two accounts. What about a current player recommends the game to a friend, the friend buys it, and to give them a headstart, the friend gives some gold. Perhaps the 200 would be excessive in that case, but could, and probably has been wanted to happen. The restriction isn’t for a player wth multiple acokittens, it is for all new accounts. On that, does anyone know how long those restrictions are? And is it age of account, or time played? I’d assume age of account, but stranger things have happened.

Edit: love how my typo spawned a kitten. I agree its more inconvenience than huge barrier, and I understand the need for security. But, as I’ve said, what is there to stop a scam account just waiting for a few days to start on it. Once a few accounts like that are put into the pipeline, it becomes less of an inconvenience for scammers and hackers etc.

The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

(edited by Wolfheart.1879)

Oh... for kittens sake!

DeWolfe.2174

Thank you for replying Gaile. If I would have known, I would have bought 2 additional accounts last week. This way it would be ready to use when I wanted it.

Gaile this is off topic but, I noticed while upacking the Krytan armor skins with the deluxe account it actually included an armor set too. Is this something new? I SO don’t recall receiving this on the other deluxe accounts. Does the armor set (not skin) come with purchasing Krytan, Profane, and/or Primeval from the BLTC? Not really a big deal but, my OCD appreciates having the same things available across all my accounts

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Wolfheart.1879

Thank you for replying Gaile. If I would have known, I would have bought 2 additional accounts last week. This way it would be ready to use when I wanted it.

Gaile this is off topic but, I noticed while upacking the Krytan armor skins with the deluxe account it actually included an armor set too. Is this something new? I SO don’t recall receiving this on the other deluxe accounts. Does the armor set (not skin) come with purchasing Krytan, Profane, and/or Primeval from the BLTC? Not really a big deal but, my OCD appreciates having the same things available across all my accounts

From my own purchases on the BLTC, I’m fairly sure it was only the skins I got, not armor pieces.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Maxakari.5298

Maxakari.5298

All I know is this game needs much more of a, “Can Do!” attitude to it. Way too many restrictions…. Way too many.

I agree I recently made a post on Bound items, and how crafting is really restricted, You cant even craft high level things for other players in gw2 I have 2 500 crafting professions and Really don’t like that I’m basically FORCED to lvl ANOTHER to 500 to make the ascended weapon I want

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Zevo.7150

Zevo.7150

I have been getting at least 3 or 4 gold seller whispers a day anyway so these rules only hurt normal players. Report then block, Report then block, Report then block, Report then block, I just unselected whispers in the end, sigh legitimate players always end up getting screwed over.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I have been getting at least 3 or 4 gold seller whispers a day anyway so these rules only hurt normal players. Report then block, Report then block, Report then block, Report then block, I just unselected whispers in the end, sigh legitimate players always end up getting screwed over.

I agree to a point here. However, The fact remains that preventing new accounts from getting gold for a set period of time protects ALL players (new and old) from getting hacked immediately. Its a deterrent for the hackers, as they have to stock pile accounts to dump hacked accounts into it. That can be a large investment (even at 20~ a pop at the discount price).

So I see little-no issue with it, other then the minor inconvenience that I cannot trade from my main account to my overflow/banker account for a while.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Oh... for kittens sake!

DeWolfe.2174

Maxakari, believe me when I say, account binding drives me crazy! With a handful of accounts, it can be a real pain in the kiester! I’ve maxed crafting on 2 accounts already. These new account bound foods from Dry Top are aggravating too. Then armor weights and racial binding, Oy vea. Simple things like the Wraith Masque are annoying. Like why not let the Norn and Human ones be available to both? That Norn one is pretty unusable. Meanwhile, the human one rocks!

As much as I complain today, I just got the biggest drop in my near 5k hours playing, Abyss dye. First time I’ve gotten one of the uber expensive dyes.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

This is at least a year old, when I first started playing last December I got a set of low-level, fine quality Primeval armor out of the deluxe box as well.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

The things people complain about.. (Note: yes, I am complaining about complainers.) is your real life so u fulfilling that you are compelled to rage on the forum about such a trivial matter?

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So what we’re actually complaining about here is that it’ll take three days after you buy a new account to be able to get stuff from another account, including a specific achievement.

I’m really not seeing a problem here. You can either buy the account and wait three days to do anything and pretend you bought it three days later, or you can just play a bit until three days have passed and then get your achievement.

I’m not sure what’s so vital that anyone needs that specific achievement today.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: JoopdeRooij.5736

JoopdeRooij.5736

The money transfer limit on new accounts protects ALL of us including YOU from hackers and gold sellers who break the economy. Would you complain about traffic lights inhibiting your freedom?

No..the limits stays for about a few weeks…and these “avoiding abuse” measures are totally void…instead of preventing abuse, you merely postpone it for a period of time..haters will hate, hackers will hack, sellers will sell, no matter what

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

No..the limits stays for about a few weeks…and these “avoiding abuse” measures are totally void…instead of preventing abuse, you merely postpone it for a period of time..haters will hate, hackers will hack, sellers will sell, no matter what

If the time limit is discouraging to someone simply seeking an achievement, imagine how discouraging it is to someone looking to turn around a quick profit. Never forget that time is money.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

dude, you gotta carry small amounts of gold and drop it out the cuffs of your pants
shawshank redemption style
everyone knows that. . .

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Get a personal guild bank and invite your alt account there. After the 48 hour restriction you can transfer any amount of money and items without any limits between your accounts.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Syzygy.5031

Syzygy.5031

Eight weeks after buying a second account I still regularly get the message trying to send a mail.

Get a personal guild bank and invite your alt account there. After the 48 hour restriction you can transfer any amount of money and items without any limits between your accounts.

Also not true. I still get the message trying to put money from my alt account into personal bank guild. The bank guild is six months to a year old.

I can get around it by drip feeding it into the guild bank 1g at a time. It’s really annoying, and I’m slowly accumulating gold on the second account that I want on main.

Sure I can understand wanting protections in place, but why not allow contacting support from the main account and lift these very arbitrary limits?

A hacker or thief could easily launder the gold and get around the restriction by buying a load of ectos or strength runes and dropping them in guild bank, so it really doesn’t make much sense. I, the honest customer who supported the game with cash, would rather not take the 15% hit…

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

but the limits will lift in a relatively short time.

Is a month a short time???

And note that you can only send 2 emails in a row to the same account. Try sending a third and you get an error. You then have to wait a couple minutes to each addition mail!

It’s not the best option, it punishes us players more than it does the gold sellers. I was transferring all my junk items and unused items to my 2nd account and it took over an hour! Something that should have only taken 10 minutes if it wasnt for this mail limit.

The 2 email limit is here forever, it wont go away I’m afraid.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Everything in life is relative. You wouldn’t be saying this if YOUR account got hacked and had all the gold sent to the hacker.

It’s a great safety precaution to help prevent this kind of stuff. If you can’t wait a short period of time just to get some silly achievement; well, I don’t know what to say to that.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Bump because I’m also not happy with yet another incompetent “security” implementation. Setting up some kitten limit without any monitoring before to decide whether or not is needed it’s stupid.
Can’t even even transfer the ridiculous amount of 15g from my other account and it’s 2+ weeks old with level 80. It will be unlocked “as a play more”. Wth does that even mean???
gg anet. gg!

Oh... for kittens sake!

DeWolfe.2174

Who dares bump my thread???

Syzygy above has the most accurate info on this. It’s not a 3 day wait and guild banks do not work for amounts greater than 1g. I ended up withdrawing 1g at a a time from my guild bank.

For the off topic question about the armor, I’d buy the Profane skin set if it included that low level set of armor from the deluxe. Freak’n awesome for re-rolling alts.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

… guild banks do not work for amounts greater than 1g. I ended up withdrawing 1g at a a time from my guild bank.

Dang, I thought that would’ve worked for you… I guess it is affected too. (;n;)

(Which makes sense, because hacked accounts tend to attack guild banks whenever they get the chance…)

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Oh... for kittens sake!

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

In total agreement with this policy and wish other games did the same. This pretty much cripples gold sellers and removes a well known tool that account hackers use to empty accounts.

Anyone that would want this removed so they can get a title, that has no actual value is, imho, just unbelievably self-centered.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

Oh... for kittens sake!

DeWolfe.2174

In total agreement with this policy and wish other games did the same. This pretty much cripples gold sellers and removes a well known tool that account hackers use to empty accounts.

Anyone that would want this removed so they can get a title, that has no actual value is, imho, just unbelievably self-centered.

Peace.

There’s plenty of reasons to want to transfer funds to an additional account. This one was my first to trigger it while making a character with a “gold” theme so <insert vulgar remark>!

For a hackers and gold sellers, if you are that nefarious, this would be a speed bump at best. It’s also the fact that there is zero information of said limitations anywhere in game or on the wiki. Hence my original complaints if you read it at all….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.