Okay, I'm leaving

Okay, I'm leaving

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Not the game mind you, I think GW2 is the best MMO I’ve ever played and it’s only getting better. I’ll probably be here for years to come.

However, from now on, I am leaving every SPvP match where there is a bunker guardian, on my team or on my enemy’s. I don’t believe there is any consequence for leaving matches, but if there is I’ll take it.

And I’m sure within the first three comments there is going to be a post that reads something like “Lol noob juz los 2 gdn”. But no, such is not the case, in fact I play a tanky condition elementalist with lots of stability, it’s easier for me to face a bunker guardian than most, I win some and I lose some. If the bunker guardian is overpowered, it’s not by much.

However, in spite of their power level, ANet missed the mark on another aspect of the guardians playstyle.

It is absolutely no fun to fight a bunker guardian.

Facing a bunker guardian basically feels like you’re trying to bust down a brick wall with your bare forehead. You can do it, but once you have, you look back and realize it wasn’t worth the time or especially, the headache. And you count yourself lucky,while bashing your bare and bloodied skull against this wall, if you’re not being bombarded by the cannons it’s protecting.

I’m just starting SPvP again after a break, my last match before the break was around the 3rd of December. In that match, there was a bunker guardian sitting on the waterfall point, my old nemesis. I just told myself “Y’know what? I’m not fighting him, this is my free time, I’m here to have fun, and I owe nothing to any of these people. If they want a win, if they want to get him off that point, they can fight him!”

So, y’know what happened? He sat there, the entire match. Literally at one point he hit /sit and would /wave at anybody who passed by, friend or foe. Nobody wanted to fight him, we talked in chat about who was going to deal with him, and pretty much everybody concluded they would rather lose having fun and engaging combat with the other enemies than win by facing him.

Now I’m not saying this to be mean or in hopes that the guardian will be nerfed. I just want everyone to be happy. The bunker guardians are happy with near non-interaction with their fellow players, I’m happy fighting players that actually fight back. I leave; they get to sit there doing nothing, I get to fight real players. Everybody wins.

(PS: Moderators, is it okay to have my post entitled as such? I know it doesn’t convey the basic idea of the post as a title should, but it does lead in to the post. If this isn’t allowed, please inform me and I will change it.)

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Bunker guardian isn’t even the best bunker build atm.

But if you’re in GW2 for spvp, yeah, it’s time to take a break. Come back once they finish the game.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

I don’t blame you at all.

Today I went to play spvp and saw that the other team was mostly thieves.

I just logged out again.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

Also, for reference, I did read your post, I’m just a “bunker guardian” and I’m sad to see you go because I make you rage.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Funny how nobody read the op.

Anyway bunker guardians have been somewhat nerfed in the last patch mate, i understand it’s not enough in pvp but they nerfed the pve spinoffs aswell wich sucks, i suggest splitting pve/pvp traits and making them at least a bit more killable.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

I left the pvp arena lobby thing, so long ago too, but…not games the lobby, i dont even use it for LA fast travel.

My almighty record which will stay like this for the eternity:

Attachments:

I took an arrow to the knee

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

When im having an awesome 1v1 with someone and some scrub instagibs me out of stealth, I just “leave the mists” when he is midstomp

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Okay, I'm leaving

Conncept.7638

See ya man, can I have some gold?

Got to love people that post when they haven’t even read the first sentence.

EDIT: My bad for lumping you in shinra, sorry. But I’m really not raging. I’m not a competitive person and I really don’t care if I win or lose so long as I have fun, if guardians were an auto-win but were fun to lose against, I wouldn’t be here making this complaint. But I just don’t think fighting a bunker guardian is a fun enough fight to be worth spending any of my free time on, and I know a great many people who feel the same way.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Bunker guardian isn’t even the best bunker build atm.

But if you’re in GW2 for spvp, yeah, it’s time to take a break. Come back once they finish the game.

How long will that take? I mean, they been at it for about 5 years now.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
ยป My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

I love PvP but I got bored with GW2 PvP far more quickly than I thought I would.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They do need to add in more ways to counter healing builds in spvp may be a sig that lets you have a chase to poisons some one or even some other type of poison that only goes after healing that has no dot.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: endless.1376

endless.1376

If someone is saying things like ‘learn 2 gdn u noob lol’ then they are probably really really tired, drunk, or very young.

I wouldn’t bother even paying them any mind.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Rubbers.5261

Rubbers.5261

This gaurdian bunker syndrome can all be changed by giving us actual stat customization in spvp, not just amulets that only 5 are usable and have 100% of ur stats in spvp. This doesnt happen in wvw small group fights because gaurdians arent that strong when you actually have good stat build. Anyone ever think its the limited stats that make bunkers so strong? I think so.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

You all obviously tl:dr.

He SAID he’s not leaving the game. Nor is he complaining or saying that anything is wrong so long as people can do what they wish and still have fun.

That being said.. what’s the point of this thread again?

Okay, I'm leaving

Conncept.7638

He SAID he’s not leaving the game. Nor is he complaining or saying that nothing is wrong so long as people can do what they wish and still have fun.

Pretty much to just tell guardian players that there are players that feel this way, that this build of nothing but counters, walls, blocks, and control effects ruins other peoples play time. That it may be allowed but it is discourteous and in poor sportsmanship, to the point that some of us, among which I am included, would rather leave them to play by themselves than put up with it anymore.

And above all, to let any guardians that are wondering why they can’t seem to find an even-handed match anymore, that they themselves may be the reason.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

He SAID he’s not leaving the game. Nor is he complaining or saying that nothing is wrong so long as people can do what they wish and still have fun.

Pretty much to just tell guardian players that there are players that feel this way, that this build of nothing but counters, walls, blocks, and control effects ruins peoples time other people spend in the game. That it may be allowed but it is discourteous and in poor sportsmanship, to the point that some of us, among which I am included, would rather leave them to play by themselves than put up with it anymore.

And above all, to let any guardians that are wondering why they can’t seem to find an even-handed match anymore, that they themselves may be the reason.

Ok.

I don’t think anything will change though. If people can do it to win, they will do it, no matter how lame it might be. Rule of the universe.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Assassinin.4963

Assassinin.4963

Play WvW instead of sPvP. In WvW, single player, no matter how powerful they are, is nothing. We only need just 5 players to grind your hated bunker guardians brick wall into powder. To finish off, we will do a /spit and kitten on that powder and /wave before we head off to grind the next brick wall.

I bet you these egoistic op player wouldn’t dare to enter WvW. They are the one who complain that WvW is unbalanced and nothing but zerg and no one want to pvp 1-on-1 because they constantly got their kitten handed back to them.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Lorath.2504

Lorath.2504

You can bust through a brick wall with your bare forehead?

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: LordHavoc.5768

LordHavoc.5768

Pretty much to just tell guardian players that there are players that feel this way, that this build of nothing but counters, walls, blocks, and control effects ruins other peoples play time. That it may be allowed but it is discourteous and in poor sportsmanship, to the point that some of us, among which I am included, would rather leave them to play by themselves than put up with it anymore.

Perhaps because they get their enjoyment from playing this style? I’m fairly certain the Mesmer style of make clones, dodge, confuse, stealth irritates players as well. I know for a fact that the Thief style of stealth, stab, stealth, stab, stealth, stab, etc.. bothers the kitten out of me. The style of Warrior immob/stun, HB probably puts plenty of people in a rotten mood. But in all of these cases, the person behind the keys is having a blast. Why shouldn’t they have their fun? It’s not unsportsmanlike and it’s not discourteous, it’s just different.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Ellye.9123

Ellye.9123

I reached a similar epiphany, OP.

But mine wasn’t regarding Bunker Guardians, it was regarding matches with too many Mesmers.
I just leave. Seriously, this game is so much more fun without Mesmers.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

So reading this, game is fun if no mesmers, thieves, or guardians are involved? We should all just roll a warrior, walk up to each other, stand still and hit nothing but 2 on our gs over and over again. Player with the best ping wins.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

Makes me want to roll a guardian just to annoy you.

Jokes aside, it seems sPvP is unbalanced because of

(a) thieves (cant see me, cant see you lololo )
(b) mesmers (zomg too many names on teh screen what is I gonna do ?)
( c) elementalist (the fire…IT BURNSSSSS !!!!)
(d) guardians (why wont you die for me plz?)
(e) rangers (I used to be able to kill all of yas but now it’s harder )
(f)necros (stop stealing my life mannnnn, also 2 life bars = hax0r)

So it seems that we are left with 2 options now :

Be a warrior aka the winning team
Be an engineer aka the losing team

What an interesting game we are left with… but this is the price to pay to ensure that OP gets his fill of “wins”. Call dibs on warrior ? :p

(edited by Groovy.6749)

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Ellye.9123

Ellye.9123

So reading this, game is fun if no mesmers, thieves, or guardians are involved?

To be direct, yes.
Those three classes are currently broken in regards to sPvP, as far as I care.

Not broken as in “overpowered”, I’m not good enough in this game to judge that.
But broken as in, they are designed in such a way that playing alongside or against them is not fun. This is the worst kind of “broken” that a game can have.

Warriors, Elementalists, Necromancers, Rangers and Engineers, in contrast, are pretty fine the way they are. They all have interesting mechanics to play with, and they are all interesting to play against.

Okay, I'm leaving

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you.