Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

How many people from the GW1 Team/Original GW2 Team are actually left after 2 years? Would be nice if Anet could give us a little overview about their current and original team.

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

pessimist.7294

Hm nobody have a clue?

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can see many of the same Devs working on the game now in the old Nightfall Dev development Youtube video.

Or you can read the staff listing from the Wiki.

Clues in those places…

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

feels like none lol

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

None, they most likely ran away when they saw this pos

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I wondered that a long time ago. Ever heard about Eric Flannum? This guy was talking and talking and at conventions, conferences, etc etc. over and over all the time until release. Now I haven’t heard ANY SINGLE WORD since release!?!? There are other really important people like Jeff Grubb and Ree Soesbee? Where are they?

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I miss that team….it’s a shame to see what the current team did to GW1’s creation.

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

Posted by: Stoaga.8190

Stoaga.8190

Probably nobody lol. Anet didnt go full kitten on gw1. Feels like im playing an EA game at this point

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

A lot of GW1 devs left during the latter development of GW2, like Kekai Kotaki. And in the past year, Anet’s lost a lot of devs (or let go), such as Jason King.

I haven’t heard from John Stumme in ages. Is he still working with ArenaNet?

But nowadays, though I have absolutely zero proof, it feels like the only devs that stick around are the leads and those that people show disdain for oddly enough – the rest come and go as their contracts are up.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

pessimist.7294

Probably nobody lol. Anet didnt go full kitten on gw1. Feels like im playing an EA game at this point

Even EA games are working better after 2 years after release.

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I was thinking the same thing that Anet is becoming like EA. It’s like the Sims 4 releasing a barebone game for $60, then the very next day release 20 DLC for $19.99 each.
Scam artist.

Old GW1/GW2 Devteam

pessimist.7294

A lot of GW1 devs left during the latter development of GW2, like Kekai Kotaki. And in the past year, Anet’s lost a lot of devs (or let go), such as Jason King.

I haven’t heard from John Stumme in ages. Is he still working with ArenaNet?

But nowadays, though I have absolutely zero proof, it feels like the only devs that stick around are the leads and those that people show disdain for oddly enough – the rest come and go as their contracts are up.

That devs are coming and leaving would explain the inconsitency of the quality of the updates.