Old Hearts Becoming Adventures?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Q:

With the release of HoT and Adventures, are Hearts in old zones being turned into adventures so that people have a way to play old content again?-

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

That’s actually a pretty good idea.

Edit: Of course to properly be an advanture they need leaderboards and thus have some competitive aspect to them (such as doing as much of something within a time limit or doing something in as little time as possible).

(edited by Diovid.9506)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m not dead sure why people would want to redo hearts they’ve done before. I didn’t find them that exciting the first time through.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: pencapchew.5432

pencapchew.5432

More then likely they will put adventures in Orr. Maybe Frost gorge? Its a level 80 thing I believe. Thats one of the ways you earn mastery points from what I understand.

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

I like hearts. I want them to stay. This is my chill out portion of the day to go exploring, map completion, and especially hearts.

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m not dead sure why people would want to redo hearts they’ve done before. I didn’t find them that exciting the first time through.

I avoided leveling normally for more than just them,few were good tough. New players will decide to do them or not so they would still need to look at them to make them “attractive” and also map completion and the level debuff.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

What are adventures, exactly? Are they like Rift’s Instant Adventures where you can join from a city map and be teleported straight to the action to do a series of “quests” with a group?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

What are adventures, exactly? Are they like Rift’s Instant Adventures where you can join from a city map and be teleported straight to the action to do a series of “quests” with a group?

Nope.

They are just repeatable hearts.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Nope.

They are just repeatable hearts.

Not really since they have leaderboards. Furthermore, several of the examples given for adventures are nothing like hearts, such as jumping puzzles and mini games.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Already in game, it´s called EVENTS!

If you want your precious leader boards, then go do PvP like the real men!

Polish > hype

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Already in game, it´s called EVENTS!

Like real men? I’m pretty sure that’s not possible for half the population without major surgery (and it’s also possible that their husbands will feel that there must be better ways to get to the top of a leaderboard). ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Like real men? I’m pretty sure that’s not possible for half the population without major surgery … ^^

:D

Attachments:

Polish > hype

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I definately got the feeling in some of the discussions about Adventures that this may be a potential possibility. It would certainly give LVL 80s a better reason to visit old zones than they have now.

I have no interest in the leader board aspect, but if there are useful rewards I would absolutely consider doing daily Adventure runs.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This. I’m working on 100% mapping with a second character because I would like to be at least prepared for the new legendaries and precursors. I’m sure the Gift of Exploration will still be needed, but…

the hearts bring tears to eyes, and not for any good reason.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I guess many of them ended up as events, but lots of them were just disabled.

I was thinking about making some sort of bouty system and bring them back as “silver hearts” that appear randomly each week for palyers to complete, but making them adventures could actually work better.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Some of the Adventures already require doing some events to unlock. Exactly what that means will have to wait until they provide more details.