Old LS items (besides blade shards)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I had read somewhere that the new NPC for collecting blade shards would also be collecting other old LS items. However, either those plans changed, or this was merely a suggestion or rumor.

I would like to get clarification as to whether or not the following types of items should be kept for the possibility of future trade-ins, or if they should be deleted:

- Aetherblade Code Fragment
- Molten Code Fragment
- Toxic Code Fragment
- Watchwork Code Fragment
- Scarlet’s Lockbox Code Fragment
- Found Heirloom

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

Even so, we got greens for keeping all those blade shards. I wouldn’t bother keeping any of those.

Posted by: Ichigo.2539

Ichigo.2539

All those greens….

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I know that the Found Heirloom can be deleted.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Alliance-Supplies-Found-Items/first#post3750166

What I want to know is if they are going to re-use the tokens.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you delete the items, with no word on their future usefulness, they will be viable, some day.

If you keep them, hoping they will become viable, they are sure to be useless.

Lol.

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

I had read somewhere that the new NPC for collecting blade shards would also be collecting other old LS items. However, either those plans changed, or this was merely a suggestion or rumor.

I would like to get clarification as to whether or not the following types of items should be kept for the possibility of future trade-ins, or if they should be deleted:

- Molten Code Fragment
- Toxic Code Fragment
- Found Heirloom

You can delete all the code fragments. Anet removed the chests without warning and upset a lot of players (myself included). They then stated it was a mistake, put the chests back for a little bit, and then gave players fair warning that they would remove the chests permanently and urged us to use all the fragments before they did so.

Kalendraf.9521

If you delete the items, with no word on their future usefulness, they will be viable, some day.

If you keep them, hoping they will become viable, they are sure to be useless.

Lol.

Exactly!

My efforts to fend off Murphy’s Law have driven me to become a packrat in MMOs/RPGs. I never delete anything out of the fear that they will become useful, and I’ll regret having deleted the items.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

- Molten Code Fragment
- Toxic Code Fragment
- Found Heirloom

You can delete all the code fragments. Anet removed the chests without warning and upset a lot of players (myself included). They then stated it was a mistake, put the chests back for a little bit, and then gave players fair warning that they would remove the chests permanently and urged us to use all the fragments before they did so.

The chests are still there. They have NEVER been removed. I don’t know where you got your information from but they have been there all along. The screen cap was done today, FYI.

If you don’t really know, just spouting what others say, please make sure it is really accurate and true. Certainly, this is not the case.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

- Molten Code Fragment
- Toxic Code Fragment
- Found Heirloom

You never read anything from ANet about anything other than Blade Shards. Some hopeful and misguided players were under the impression that since ANet said specifically not to delete your blade shards and that there would be a vendor for them that it somehow meant that other things would also be relevant. They were then vehemently advising people to hold on to anything because their hope, in their minds, had become a reality, and so there would be a vendor for all of it. This was never the case, nor indicated to be the case. You can just delete all that crap, it’s worthless.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Kal Spiro.9745

- Molten Code Fragment
- Toxic Code Fragment
- Found Heirloom

The chests are still there. They have NEVER been removed. I don’t know where you got your information from but they have been there all along. The screen cap was done today, FYI.

If you don’t really know, just spouting what others say, please make sure it is really accurate and true. Certainly, this is not the case.

They were removed immediately following the end of the marionette, but then added back afterwards because they didn’t “mean” to remove them.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Re: You never read anything from ANet about anything other than blade shards.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-18-2014/first#content

“Rumors tell of a merchant interested in items from major events in Tyria’s recent history, including Blade Shards. Players are encouraged to hold on to these items if they are interested in trading with her when she appears.”

Bold added for emphasis.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Kalendraf.9521

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-18-2014/first#content

“Rumors tell of a merchant interested in items from major events in Tyria’s recent history, including Blade Shards. Players are encouraged to hold on to these items if they are interested in trading with her when she appears.”

Bold added for emphasis.

Thanks for this post. This was the info I was thinking of. If they just meant shards and shards alone, a more succinct way to phrase this would have been as follows:

“Rumors tell of a merchant interested in Blade Shards.”

However, with the added phrases, it implies that the merchant would also take other items. One of the key words here is “events” which implies that the items in question would span multiple events, and thus this could encompass multiple types of items. On the other hand, shards were available at multiple events, so that does fit this criteria. However, the “including” part implies that shards are just one of multiple types of items. This part of the wording is not satisfied by the current merchant.

As others have said, if all we can expect is greens from leftover items, there isn’t much point trying to hang onto these items any longer.

Posted by: Lostyus.4250

Lostyus.4250

All Anet had to do was make the shards actually worth something, something good, and people would have bought more bank space to horde all future event junk in the hopes of the same.

Now all they’ve done is make it clear that you’ll only get sheight for keeping stuff like that, so people wont horde from now on.

They are playing catch up with themselves, releasing patches to fix the mess of the infamous April patch which will carry on for a long time, instead of just swallowing their pride and appeasing (and listening to) players.

I’m so glad I stopped playing this game.

Kal Spiro.9745

All Anet had to do was make the shards actually worth something, something good, and people would have bought more bank space to horde all future event junk in the hopes of the same.

Now all they’ve done is make it clear that you’ll only get sheight for keeping stuff like that, so people wont horde from now on.

They are playing catch up with themselves, releasing patches to fix the mess of the infamous April patch which will carry on for a long time, instead of just swallowing their pride and appeasing (and listening to) players.

I’m so glad I stopped playing this game.

Then why are you here? I will never understand people who leave a game but linger around the forums.

Kal Spiro.9745

Bold added for emphasis.

Which is a thing they’re actually fairly infamous for. The only thing they said was Blade Shards, they just did it in a less than direct nor succinct manner. Still, they only said Shards and they only came on the forums to specifically tell people not to delete Shards, nothing else.

Personally, I think it’s stupid and rather than doing any of that they should have made Shards tradable and let us sell them on the market.