Old Lion's Arch Pass

Old Lion's Arch Pass

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I have royal terrace pass myself and love it. I also really enjoy the new look of LA but it would be great to create an Old LA pass that takes you to an instance of the old LA to enjoy and explore as well as to use. And though things may not be conveniently located being where they were at in Old LA I think it’s worth the nostalgia.

P. S. When you exit Old LA it would either leave you in new LA or leave you where you originally were.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

That’s actually an interesting idea. I don’t think it could be a personal instance because an entire city sized instance per person is a bit much, but I could see it as an ongoing instance that you need that item to get into. And I know some people would pay to have the option to revisit old LA when they want to.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Yes please. If this item were in the gem store, I would buy it.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

The old LA, sans sepia, before the karka broke the lighthouse, before the Mad King broke the lion statue? That’s intriguing. I do wonder which versions they have lying around.

I might splurge on such an item, especially if it gave access to NPC’s etc. like the royal pass does.

G R E E N E R

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wish. I suspect though that after all this time and changes to the game that unless they remade it, it would be cosmetic only with no access to city features such as trading post and merchants

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Even just the old Trader’s Forum area would be very cool and nostalgic to me.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I miss LA so much.

Not sure if I would buy a pass though.
If I would have to be there all alone in an instance, not being able to take my group… no.
If the old jump puzzle with the plants wasn’t there – and if it was and I couldn’t park a mesmer there… no…
And that other portal to Gendarran.

I want a completely functional copy of it.

let the sky fall

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

If I could get a perma-use pass for this, I’d absolutely use the gems I’ve been sitting on to get it.

Old Lion’s Arch was infinitely better and more fitting to Tyria and Kryta than this new version. Sure it might be prettier and vaguely better laid out, but it suffers from the same massive region of unused space — only at least in Old Lion’s Arch there were things to see and encounter there rather than literal empty space. And considering how little of LA was ultimately changed between the two versions (discounting the ruined one), the only thing we really got was a facelift and a few regions moved around. That’s … it.

So yeah. Permanent Old Lion’s Arch gateway / pass / portal scroll / whatever. Totally would get one.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

As a post-HoT player who’s only seen Old LA in story instances, I love this idea!

Old Lion's Arch Pass

PlagueParade.7942

That’s actually an interesting idea. I don’t think it could be a personal instance because an entire city sized instance per person is a bit much, but I could see it as an ongoing instance that you need that item to get into. And I know some people would pay to have the option to revisit old LA when they want to.

Yes, I would agree that it is something that should be an ongoing instance.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I’d pay for it if it was an ongoing, fully functioning shared-instance.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

They should just implement a sort of phasing in the game where you go to the old Lion’s arch if your current story step is pre-LW2. Pre 80 players would always go to the old LA, while 80 players would have a choice.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

PlagueParade.7942

They should just implement a sort of phasing in the game where you go to the old Lion’s arch if your current story step is pre-LW2. Pre 80 players would always go to the old LA, while 80 players would have a choice.

It would cost a lot more to do this than just make an instance pass that allows people to enjoy old LA.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

To clarify, I would pay for this even if it were simply an instance of old Lion’s Arch without any services. No bank access, TP or merchants to be had, just NPC’s you could perhaps chat with and an explorable version of the entire map (including the old Troll JP please!).

I imagine it would be no different than when you can enter old Lion’s Arch during personal story, except without the sharp auto-kick border limiting your walkable area of the map. And without the sepia, of course

That said, it would be neat if it were a “shared instance” which allowed you to join party members in (via party window, right-click player, Join Player In Lion’s Arch).

(edited by drunkenpilot.9837)

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Id be down to pay for this, shared instance of old LA. Dont even care if you couldnt glide in there and what not.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It would cost a lot more to do this than just make an instance pass that allows people to enjoy old LA.

Yeah but it would be a good investment in the game’s evolution and would open up a world of possibilities for future LW development. It wouldn’t just be to provide access to old LA.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I 1-bazillion percent support this idea.

I loved old LA…its character and atmosphere was perfect.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please…..

Pretty Please!

I get it…something else to maintain, but I can’t see it being THAT resource intensive…but…it should have been restored in the same manner anyway…Keil cheated…Gnashblade would have kept it all ships and cool looking…it was the Quaggans..they hacked the election…dirty little…

wait, wait…sorry…I digress…

Please make this happen.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

This is a great idea but I would much rather the devs reset central tyria to before living story started and release season 1 again. this way all players get what they want old LA again and also replay the great events of season 1.

Old Lion's Arch Pass

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Great suggestion, OP.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks