Old Lion's Arch in Personal Story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I noticed that when you go to any scene in Old Lion’s Arch in the Personal Story, it’s drowned in a brown overlay color. I don’t like that because, you’re doing your personal story, not a memory.

I know it’s a silly thing to nit-pick about, but I’d prefer not to have to turn off Post-processing every time I enter a PS segment with Old Lion’s Arch in it. The PS takes place about 3 years before current game time, but it’s not treated like a memory like anything in Old Lion’s Arch.

Besides, I also like looking at old Lion’s Arch, it’s pretty.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Technically, the whole Personal Story is in the past, so the filter makes sense.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I think it’d make more sense if they actually made note of the fact that these events are in fact PAST events, like what they used for GW1 when you did the starter instances for other campaigns that weren’t your native home.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Ugh. I’d hate that. A lot. I’m not a brown-type person.

Regardless, it should be either or.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I understand why they did it but I turn it off every time I’m in one of those instances simply because I prefer the bright colours the game normally has to everything looking faded and brown.

I did the same on april fool’s day – took a couple of screenshots then turned it off to actually play.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

It’s great to be able to see the Old LA in the PS. But being limited to the small areas of LA in each story step is kind of heartbreaking.

I wished it would be possible to visit the whole map after finishing the fight against Zhaitan. It could be something like a celebration of the victory with the streets full of joyful citizens everywhere… You could even put a video in it, starting when you decide to leave the instance which tells you about all the events of LS Season 1.

(edited by darkprecure.6129)

Posted by: Mija Narem.6275

Mija Narem.6275

Personally I think, the “old” Lions Arch looked waaaay better than the new one. I think it’s kinda sad, that they replaced it with such a detail-lacking new version… I’d also appreciate some tweak in the game ore future world Story events, to get back to it. Make it time travel or dimensions or whatever. I’m sure A-Net could figure something entertaining out.

Posted by: Moderator

Please check date of thread before posting. Posting to old threads is against forum rules. This thread is now locked.