Old characters, should I delete to reroll?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vordrax.5243

Vordrax.5243

I have a level 20 Necromancer who was created the day the game came out. Unfortunately, the Necromancer is a Charr. I just got back into the game and wanted to try out the Necromancer, but I’m just not really liking the Charr. All of my other character slots are taken up by older characters as well (so I have a ton of the “free level 20” birthday scrolls.) Should I delete this character and reroll to a different race, or just get over it? Is the character’s age even worth caring about, since I have several others of equal age?

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I would wait until at least the third birthday, since it’s so close now.

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

Speaking as someone kitten-rolls characters on a very frequent basis I’d say if you don’t care about the age, go for it. Just remember to take any items you want and put in the bank.

I have re-rolled the same Asuran ranger as I really didn’t like the name and I got up to level 20 twice but it wasn’t sitting with me…. But I’m really finicky and enjoy creating and deleting lol…

Only you know if it is really going to bug you.

Anx

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

Speaking as someone kitten-rolls characters on a very frequent basis I’d say if you don’t care about the age, go for it. Just remember to take any items you want and put in the bank.

I have re-rolled the same Asuran ranger as I really didn’t like the name and I got up to level 20 twice but it wasn’t sitting with me…. But I’m really finicky and enjoy creating and deleting lol…

Only you know if it is really going to bug you.

Oh I think it thinks I put the word wh*** when I wrote w h o and the word r e r o l l s – how annoying!

Anx

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Just delete and reroll. I did it recently and having the right race is very nice.

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

First of all, seeing that I’m like anx, I have the same opinion as him. Second of all, why you no like Charr. Charr rule! All other races just can’t compete.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve rerolled twice, deleted once. The second time that char had level 400 armorsmith and I didn’t want to redo it.

The birthday presents aren’t important enough to be a consideration. You can always wait until the next one to be sure, but other than that unless that char has max crafting or something like that, might as well delete.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Just make sure the character has nothing soul-bound you would like to keep.

Good luck.

Posted by: Cryptical.6572

Cryptical.6572

I’ve rerolled twice, deleted once. The second time that char had level 400 armorsmith and I didn’t want to redo it.

The birthday presents aren’t important enough to be a consideration. You can always wait until the next one to be sure, but other than that unless that char has max crafting or something like that, might as well delete.

We still haven’t know what we’re getting for the 3rd birthday present.

And don’t forget about the title comes after Veteran as well.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

We still haven’t know what we’re getting for the 3rd birthday present.

And don’t forget about the title comes after Veteran as well.

As I said on the post you quoted, you can always wait till the next one to be sure. As for the title, there are are other alts and more years. At this point I have way more titles than I ever use and I don’t bother to wear the birthday one, but again, as I said above, he can always wait till the next one if one more title is important to him.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I would buy more character slots.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I rerolled my Asura necro last year, she was a year old.
Recently though I re rolled my thief, she was nearly 2 yrs old, she had 100% map and 500 weaponsmith. I couldn’t stand the look of human animation anymore, it all started when I made The Incinerator, then the running animation while wielding them was amplified because of the size of the daggers. I couldn’t take it, especially after the human idle animations were altered. So I salvaged everything I could on her, threw her acc bount items into the bank, and deleted her. Best decision ever.
I rerolled a Norn Thief and I’ve loved it ever since, took me 44hrs game time to get her to 100% again and she’s sat at 470 weaponsmithing.

Before you decide to delete though, really think about it, I mean Charr Necros can look incredibly evil with the right armor combo.
Gl!

Kitten.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

My necro is a Charr necro and I luvs him.

That said, I don’t think anyone can really tell you if you should or shouldn’t delete a character to reroll. Sometimes you need to make a decision on your own.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you can afford 800 gems, buy a new slot. So far, I’ve never felt that I’ve had too many characters, since “unused” toons can park to farm nodes (including JP chests, rich veins, bosses such as Rhendak/Commissar) as well as to serve as a backup bank.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Just get more character slots. Deleting birthday characters is always foolish. I’m a huge fool with only one original character from the headstart left, regrets.. regrets everywhere.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

It simple: You shouldn’t keep characters you don’t like or use.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Dinks.2478

I would only have one toon if I followed this logic.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Unfortunately, the Necromancer is a Charr.

This is unfortunate indeed and should warrant deletion by itself. #charrism

But on a more serious note, with the 3rd birthday coming up soon, I would keep the char(r ) till then if you have no other characters around that age available. This is to not miss out on any potentially good presents.

However, if you created other characters within a few weeks from the charr, I would delete the abomination without a second thought.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Do character slots ever go on sale? (hopefully so as I want at least one for each profession)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I would only have one toon if I followed this logic.

Yes. I don’t see anything bad with having only one character. If you only like and use one character, why to have any other? On the other hand, would you only have other characters for farming purposes, why would bother you to have a Charr instead of another race, like OP says?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Dinks.2478

Do character slots ever go on sale? (hopefully so as I want at least one for each profession)

Yes, they go on sale every now and then. From 800 gems usually down to 600.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Definitely wait until the birthday. Maybe even keep JUST for the birthdays to come. It’s what I’m doing. Level 2 character I will never play. Waiting on the goodies.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I would wait a little more to get the birthday booster. You’ll get some tomes in the meantime from login rewards so in general there’s no need to hurry.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I went with buying more character slots. However I got gems when the exchange rate was much better than it is now.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I agree with this. Wait to get the third birthday thing, then yeah, there is probably no reason to keep the character if it’s not what you want. Even if it was a higher level, there is very little that is character locked anymore. The only thing you might lose is any crafting recipes you consumed.

Do make sure to strip the character first, though. Sell whatever is soulbound and store whatever is account bound.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Yes, they go on sale every now and then. From 800 gems usually down to 600.

I’ve been waiting quite a while for another sale…when the heck was the last one even? I know I bought at least 2 slots then, but it’s been a good long time.

Edited for spelling.

(edited by Mojo Gris Gris.5941)

Posted by: Citronvand.2837

Citronvand.2837

You can use this guide if you want to know if you should reroll or not:

Human – Reroll. Try not to be so boring next time.
Asura – Reroll. If more than 1, get a new account not tainted with this filth.
Salad – Reroll. Also, listen to all of Trahearne’s dialog as punishment.
Norn – Keep.
Charr – Keep. Pat yourself on the back for picking literally the best race in the game, objectively speaking of course.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

rule of thumb

heavy class : charr or norn
medium class : humans or sylvaries
light class : asuras or humans or sylvaries

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

rule of thumb

heavy class : charr or norn
medium class : humans or sylvaries
light class : asuras or humans or sylvaries

Let’s see:
I have 5 Norns:
warrior, warrior, ranger, engineer and mesmer
I have 4 humans
guardian, ele, ele and necro
I have 5 Sylvari
guardian, ranger, thief, mesmer , necromancer
I have 3 Charr
warrior, ranger, necromancer

i think any class can be anything, ecept for Asura, they are all trolling wanabee mice. And even being this they loose from skritt IMHO ….

My Charr Necro says HI!

Attachments:

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Since the third birthday is in August, keep it til then for whatever scrolls and boosters we get. Otherwise I’d say delete and remake. If soul bound gifts (like the cake gun) are the way they’re going, it’s not worth keeping one that you never play just for birthdays.

If you do care about having birthday gifts exactly on the anniversary, buy a character slot and retire that necro to a jumping puzzle chest for a daily chance at a silver doubloon.